How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

7 hours ago, Walelu Summerwind said:

Remember.. Im giving away this skyboy..32x32 or 22x22.. all for my darlings

I'm never one to turn away a sweet and generous offer! I'll message you in-world, Walelu.

It looks gorgeous . . . as do the photos you've taken in it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AidySL said:

Not trying to be off-topic, but can anyone tell me how to have more control of my eyes when I take photos? And what is the best setting for photo's? 

As far as eyes go, static poses are best, but I usually just let my AO do it's thing and take a few at a time until i "catch" the right pose. For settings, I use the windlight presets in Firestorm that others created specifically for photos. Also, I enable anti-aliasing and the advanced lighting model in photo tools. I just have to remember to change them back when i'm done because my computer will crash if I don't. Hope that helps. I'm still learning myself. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mahala Roviana said:

As far as eyes go, static poses are best, but I usually just let my AO do it's thing and take a few at a time until i "catch" the right pose. For settings, I use the windlight presets in Firestorm that others created specifically for photos. Also, I enable anti-aliasing and the advanced lighting model in photo tools. I just have to remember to change them back when i'm done because my computer will crash if I don't. Hope that helps. I'm still learning myself. 

I do pretty much the same. I don't usually go for very high quality resolution either, and then after setting windlight, and shadows, I keep refreshing until I get what I like, and send it to my e-mail. There I can pick the best few. A lot never get here or flickr. Only maybe one in ten of those which get as far as e-mail.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Mahala Roviana said:

Thank you, so I hope you don't mind me asking this. If I let my AO do it's thing, the eyes look at me as if my ava is really high from drugs. So when I sit on some pose, I always do the AO on off. And if i am not mistaking Windlights are some settings, but I still don't know which ones, ore were to find them.  Enable anti-aliasing, I wanted to ask also, but that's in Phototools, so I must be able to find it. 

My laptop crashes a lot, so that part I know. So easy :-)

Thank you so much. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I do pretty much the same. I don't usually go for very high quality resolution either, and then after setting windlight, and shadows, I keep refreshing until I get what I like, and send it to my e-mail. There I can pick the best few. A lot never get here or flickr. Only maybe one in ten of those which get as far as e-mail.

Can I ask, if I want pictures like VictoriaGrwd, I need more resolution?   And before I keep asking questions, did anyone post a blog or topic on the forum how to make the best photos? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AidySL said:

Can I ask, if I want pictures like VictoriaGrwd, I need more resolution?   And before I keep asking questions, did anyone post a blog or topic on the forum how to make the best photos? 

@Skell Dagger did one for his blog.  that helped me out when I first started seriously taking pics.  http://www.virtualbloke.com/archives/2954

• Thanks 1

Just now, Catrie said:

@Skell Dagger did one for his blog.  that helped me out when I first started seriously taking pics.  http://www.virtualbloke.com/archives/2954

Thank you, and thank you Skell. I was really trying to look for something like this. See you all in a few days. ( but if my pictures don't look like the awesome ones you all post, it will be a few months.) 

6 minutes ago, AidySL said:

Thank you, and thank you Skell. I was really trying to look for something like this. See you all in a few days. ( but if my pictures don't look like the awesome ones you all post, it will be a few months.) 

just keep taking pics often. don't be afraid to chat with others and ask for help.  I'm nowhere near the level of a lot of the others, but I'm always testing new stuff to do. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AidySL said:

Not trying to be off-topic, but can anyone tell me how to have more control of my eyes when I take photos? And what is the best setting for photo's? 

There are various facial animation and pose HUDs, personally I think that the one by Happy Dispatch is great as it allows you to control not just which bones are being manipulated through a selection of modes, but how severe the manipulation is on a scale, as well as a lot of options for eyes. However, one thing to keep in mind with SL (and to some extent, real photography) is that if the subject's eyes are looking sideways it may give the appearance that they're not aligned. In Black Dragon Viewer you can control the eye rotation completely through the poser, which allows you to compensate for this whilst viewing the subject from your selected position.

Another tip that often comes up is to zoom rather than moving the camera - if you're taking a close-up, the perspective may distort the subject and stretch their dimension. In both Firestorm and Black Dragon (and I think the standard viewer) the zoom is displayed in rads; the default position for FS is 1.046 rads, for a portrait I usually zoom in to .35 rads. To allow a shot to be taken in higher resolution you must save it to disc (as SL will only take textures up to 1024 x 1024 pixels, and halves thereof, i.e. 512, 256, 128, 64, 32, 16 squared), you may then take pictures up to 6144 x 6144 pixels.

As for graphic settings... However high you want to and can go. Advanced Lighting Model is one option I'd strongly recommend having checked regardless of your other settings, as well as a LOD factor high enough that no mesh within your frame is being distorted, and likewise a view distance long enough that anything in frame that 'should' be there is there. If you're shooting against a backdrop you may not need more than 32 meters (FS minimum), whereas if you want to take sim-wide pictures, you may need to go up to 320 meters or so.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1