Pet Peeve that really grates at my nerves especially since I work in a call center.

People that call people they don't know honey, sweetie, darling and BUDDY. 

Edit: OH and Dude!

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Walelu Summerwind said:

Dogs that bark ALL OF THE TIME. 😬

Check your local ordinances. It took three months and a lot of yelling, screaming (at the dog) and filing complaints with animal control, the park manager and the police, but that damn dog is gone now. They didn't get permission to have a large breed dog in the park anyway.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Now I'm peeved that your peeved I'm not peeved enough! Way to peeve me off you peever!

Did you just write 'your' rather than 'you're'? I'm so peeved!!

Also, I came up with a whole new peeve .. But I'm going to go write about that elsewhere!

32 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Did you just write 'your' rather than 'you're'? I'm so peeved!!

Also, I came up with a whole new peeve .. But I'm going to go write about that elsewhere!

The brain is faster than the fingers. It's one of those "honest" typos. Brain was too busy coming up with all the peeves to pay attention to what the fingers were doing. 

Now I'm peeved I peeved you off with my peeved peeve and now you're (hah! almost did it again!) peeved enough to go peeve elsewhere! You peeving, peeved peever! Peeve this!

EvergreenSnivelingAngwantibo-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Now I'm peeved I peeved you off with my peeved peeve and now you're (hah! almost did it again!) peeved enough to go peeve elsewhere! You peeving, peeved peever! Peeve this!

So, are we talking about a peevert now?  🙃

• Haha 8

• People who you've never met start calling you endearing things like, sweetie, dear, Little one, etc from the first sentence. Don't do that, it's cringy and disrespectful
  • People who just refuse to read profiles and proceed to ask you questions that would have been answered if they had read said profile
  • People who treat their opinions as absolute law and any opinion that differs from theirs in the slightest , makes you the scum of the earth in their eyes
  • People who try to deflect their wrong doings by finger pointing at what others are doing " Yes I done this wrong thing, but look at what this person is doing?! Why aren't you harping on them as well!?"
  • Hypocrites. 
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

People who just refuse to read profiles and proceed to ask you questions that would have been answered if they had read said profile

That has always been something, that I found difficult to understand, especially when it issomething that has a high chance to be mentioned in a profile. Like RL information. There is an entire place for that on every profile. One would think people interested in that sort of information would at least take a peek there. But no, they rather ask and don't look at all.

• Like 1

But if they read profiles, they won't have anything to ask about as a conversation starter, the way some put it all out there.

I can't be the only person in SL that wants to know the person behind the avatar. The real person, not a persona they've taken on for whatever reason. I'd rather be friends with humans, not avatars. Can't really be friends with a pixel representation of a person that doesn't exist.

And that's a long time peeve of mine.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I can't be the only person in SL that wants to know the person behind the avatar. The real person, not a persona they've taken on for whatever reason. I'd rather be friends with humans, not avatars. Can't really be friends with a pixel representation of a person that doesn't exist

Of course you're not the only one, but there are also a lot of people who don't want or need those online "friends" whatsoever. So it's very important to understand that people come to SL for the very different reasons and be open about what you're looking for. Saves time for everyone involved, because from my experience, let's call them "pure roleplayers", don't get along with those who seek "something more than just sl" at all. Exceptions might and probably do happen every now and then, but usually it's just roleplayers getting tired of "questions" and "real human seekers" getting disappointed by having to deal with the "persona".

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

Of course you're not the only one, but there are also a lot of people who don't want or need those online "friends" whatsoever. So it's very important to understand that people come to SL for the very different reasons and be open about what you're looking for. Saves time for everyone involved, because from my experience, let's call them "pure roleplayers", don't get along with those who seek "something more than just sl" at all. Exceptions might and probably do happen every now and then, but usually it's just roleplayers getting tired of "questions" and "real human seekers" getting disappointed by having to deal with the "persona".

Tell me something I haven't known for the past 17/18 years I've been in SL.

6 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

But if they read profiles, they won't have anything to ask about as a conversation starter, the way some put it all out there.

A good conversation starter, is asking me something I know I haven't already answered in my profile. Call me a snob, but I'm not interested in repeating myself as a way to start a conversation. Ask me what my favorite show is, or what my favorite type of music is, but don't ask me where I'm from, my age, etc because that's already listed in my profile and them not realizing that because they couldn't be bothered to read for 2 minutes tells me a lot about what the potential friendship is gonna be like.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

A good conversation starter, is asking me something I know I haven't already answered in my profile. Call me a snob, but I'm not interested in repeating myself as a way to start a conversation. Ask me what my favorite show is, or what my favorite type of music is, but don't ask me where I'm from, my age, etc because that's already listed in my profile and them not realizing that because they couldn't be bothered to read for 2 minutes tells me a lot about what the potential friendship is gonna be like.

Right. If someone was truly interested in someone, more than likely they're going to read their profile. If they don't, then probably means that they just want adult fun and too lazy to click on the profile and read it.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, blissfulbreeze said:

Right. If someone was truly interested in someone, more than likely they're going to read their profile. If they don't, then probably means that they just want adult fun and too lazy to click on the profile and read it.

What peeves me just as much as people who don't bother to even read the first page of my profile are people who copy/paste their opening line.   I got this yesterday moments after arriving at the beach.  No sooner had IM notification dinged then a line of text appeared so I know it was a copy/paste.  Probably to every female as soon as they arrived.  Lame

Desperate Dude: awe  wow take look at that beauty☻ , hiya( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) there gorgeous ♥^^♥,im XXXXX nice to meet you, how are you doing ?

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

What peeves me just as much as people who don't bother to even read the first page of my profile are people who copy/paste their opening line.   I got this yesterday moments after arriving at the beach.  No sooner had IM notification dinged then a line of text appeared so I know it was a copy/paste.  Probably to every female as soon as they arrived.  Lame

Desperate Dude: awe  wow take look at that beauty☻ , hiya( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) there gorgeous ♥^^♥,im XXXXX nice to meet you, how are you doing ?

Those are just as bad and fall under the same category, like if you are literally copying and pasting the same line to people and can't be bothered to be original with me and make an effort, then I can't be bothered to give you any effort as well. I follow very much a " give what I get" mindset in my life. If you give me 100%, I'll give you the same, if you give me minimal effort, then again, you'll get the same from me. If you want more from me, you have to give more.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Oh, there would always be room for a conversation starter. Actually, I think something that builds on already given information can make the best ones. Like someone states their country: Now you can ask further questions about that country as an entry into a conversation.

• Like 3