9 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Omicron 😕 I don't want to go into politics but...it is infuriating our government was having quizzes and parties at the same time millions of us couldn't see our families at Christmas last year...and now it is happening again...🙄

Although the province hasn't required a total shutdown again --- We're only doing take-away to protect our staff.

Peeve. Alexa. My daughter got one of those spy speakers and using the thing like mad, although she's aware some commands to it is used by it's maker for tweaking purpose.  My man does like to  torture the thing but asking it to plat flatulence noises. Hopefully it'll get her to toss it.

• Like 3

Pet Peeve 1: Full-Bright on anything that’s not a light bulb or a flame, especially those full-bright furniture and plants. Plants can look okay in a certain fantasy setting but driving through a traditional neighborhood and then suddenly being blinded by someone’s palm tree or patch of grass… Annoying AF. Things look a lot better when using actual light to illuminate them. Want something lit? Shine an actual light at it… making it full-bright is ugly and unnatural. Please stop making couches and palm trees Full Bright.

Pet Peeve 2: Face lights. It’s okay if you’re doing it for a photo shoot but, wearing one all the time? Hanging out in dimly lit places but lighting up the entire area like some stage performer under a spotlight with your face light 3000 that’s brighter than the sun?… No, I will derender you. 

Pet Peeve 3: Firestorm’s ugly UI

Pet Peeve 4: Myself (sorry that y’all have to deal with this). 

Edited by davidventer
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, davidventer said:

Pet Peeve 2: Face lights. It’s okay if you’re doing it for a photo shoot but, wearing one all the time? Hanging out in dimly lit places but lighting up the entire area like some stage performer under a spotlight with your face light 3000 that’s brighter than the sun?…

Reminds me of old times.  

754078028_20090727-BlindingFaceLight.jpg.db99ce5687069eedd6806bff49476b8c.jpg

1818969340_FaceLightsonSteroids-20090116.jpg.38802a82b03d39c21aec65649efd4a12.jpg

31383996_20091024-MoreExtremeBodyLighting.jpg.2cdc8577fba2c5237f837c461641a748.jpg

• Haha 4

I might have said it before, but it's worth saying again.

Store owners who do not understand the differences between demos, dollarbies, and freebies.

It's not even difficult.

Demo = demonstration, and should never cost a dime, either on the marketplace or in-world.

A freebie is free, if it's L$1 it's a dollarbie, not a freebie.

And no, you can't sell something in an off-colour at L$99 rather than L$199 and call it a 'dollarbie', that's a special offer or discount. As to whether a 'dollarbie' must only ever be L$1 or if it can be any single digit price tag, I'm less concerned about (although the word is 'dollarbie' and not 'dollarsbie' so strictly speaking I suppose it should be a singular Linden dollar).

Also how it's a bit of a trend that BOM apparel doesn't have demos. Yeah I know it will fit, but I kind of want to see what it looks like

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

I might have said it before, but it's worth saying again.

Store owners who do not understand the differences between demos, dollarbies, and freebies.

It's not even difficult.

Demo = demonstration, and should never cost a dime, either on the marketplace or in-world.

A freebie is free, if it's L$1 it's a dollarbie, not a freebie.

And no, you can't sell something in an off-colour at L$99 rather than L$199 and call it a 'dollarbie', that's a special offer or discount. As to whether a 'dollarbie' must only ever be L$1 or if it can be any single digit price tag, I'm less concerned about (although the word is 'dollarbie' and not 'dollarsbie' so strictly speaking I suppose it should be a singular Linden dollar).

Also how it's a bit of a trend that BOM apparel doesn't have demos. Yeah I know it will fit, but I kind of want to see what it looks like

image.png.e4e0cb2fc8e866d01778fe3e96e7c64f.png

I very much like the idea of communal travel.

Less so, however, when they send you a text to let you know that your train has been cancelled.

So you go buy a ticket for a later train.

They then let you know that they've replaced your first train with a bus. But leave it very unclear as to whether that train would actually make it in time to the town where you get on the next train (or when it will depart, all they gave you was the schedule for the train it replaced, with all the time stamps stroked out) - although with not too much common sense you'll know the answer to that: no chance.

But you better believe they're going to claim they still offered you the service you had paid for, so obviously you aren't entitled to a refund. As if getting me a quarter of the way to my final destination to sit at a train station over Yule is what I paid for.

Bloody bandits.

• Sad 2

A very old friend of my husband's is in town visiting their children.  So, obviously, my husband invited them to stop by for a chat and to go out to dinner.  Thus I'll now have to put on my smiley face and pretend that I like people for a few hours this evening.

*sigh*

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

A very old friend of my husband's is in town visiting their children.  So, obviously, my husband invited them to stop by for a chat and to go out to dinner.  Thus I'll now have to put on my smiley face and pretend that I like people for a few hours this evening.

*sigh*

Oh geez.  They are due to arrive here at the house between 4:30 and 5:00, yet we won't leave for dinner until about 6:00.  After 25 years of marriage my husband should know that an hour of social time, without distractions (like eating) is extremely difficult for me.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

*sigh*

Might I suggest some quiet time alone on the verandah perhaps?

voodoo_doll_s9ruzv.jpg

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 3