Taking the thread back to a bit more light-hearted peeves: Fatpacks.

- When designers only put effort into the "fatpack exclusives".

- When an item is only available as a fatpack to justify making it double the price of what would be expectable.

- When a designer thinks their fatpack is worth 3500L. No. Just no.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

These are insta NOPE! for me. Or as a friend of mine in the military used to say "Left face! Foward.... march!."

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Taking the thread back to a bit more light-hearted peeves: Fatpacks.

- When designers only put effort into the "fatpack exclusives".

- When an item is only available as a fatpack to justify making it double the price of what would be expectable.

Yeah, I move right past those. I move especially seething past those if the exclusives are black/white/Gold. I move furiously past those, if they get broken up in smaller fatpacks, but if you want the complete outfit you have to pay almost 6k. Hahaha, no.

15 hours ago, Finite said:

These are insta NOPE! for me. Or as a friend of mine in the military used to say "Left face! Foward.... march!."

Fat packs that cost more than 3 singles are enough to put me off buying any of the singles and just ignoring that product and vendor entirely, especially as singles are often aggressively limited in their options.

• Like 1

I am getting used to "inworld store" links on the Marketplace landing me in abandoned or security-orbed sniper territory. At least this time I knew better than to teleport. 

myusualgripes.jpg

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

I am getting used to "inworld store" links on the Marketplace landing me in abandoned or security-orbed sniper territory. At least this time I knew better than to teleport. 

myusualgripes.jpg

This. I hate it when it happens.

I've had better luck looking up the creator's profile to gather the most recent info for their inworld location.

• Like 1

Old style Linden trees and plants. Seriously, this is making me want to leave mainland for a Linden Home. 

Last night I flew around Heterocera, then around some of the Linden Home regions. Not only do textures take forever to load on mainland, but the Linden trees are just plain ugly.  Maybe LL could help clean up mainland by replacing all the old plants with new mesh versions? For years I've been stuck with scraggly weeds sticking up through my ground prims. I had to use ground prims not just to flatten the ground, but because the default ground texture is hideous. I put in Studio Skye woods, a waterfall and stream, because their products are both beautiful and lower land impact. Repeating the same textures lowers load for the servers and viewers, which is probably why the Linden Home regions load so easily. If LL could replace their old trees and plants with their newer mesh ones, I think we'd see a bit less lag on mainland, as well as it becoming more attractive to residents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Old style Linden trees and plants. Seriously, this is making me want to leave mainland for a Linden Home. 

Last night I flew around Heterocera, then around some of the Linden Home regions. Not only do textures take forever to load on mainland, but the Linden trees are just plain ugly.  Maybe LL could help clean up mainland by replacing all the old plants with new mesh versions? For years I've been stuck with scraggly weeds sticking up through my ground prims. I had to use ground prims not just to flatten the ground, but because the default ground texture is hideous. I put in Studio Skye woods, a waterfall and stream, because their products are both beautiful and lower land impact. Repeating the same textures lowers load for the servers and viewers, which is probably why the Linden Home regions load so easily. If LL could replace their old trees and plants with their newer mesh ones, I think we'd see a bit less lag on mainland, as well as it becoming more attractive to residents.

My favorite are the single prim tree texture screens from 2008 still being used on some private sims.... I can just right click and derender but still just why? And yes seems studio skye is the way to go. And he isn't that expensive either relatively speaking.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I'd volunteer to be assigned parts of mainland and remove old things. I'm sure there are others who'd volunteer to work on projects that have been on LL's to do list. @Dyna Mole @Patch Linden

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2022 at 2:36 PM, Silent Mistwalker said:

Don't think I need to say anything else.

image.png.777e80738ae5c4715a86916a3c0a7839.png

I totally agree with you Silent.

I would add something to this, but I'm watching and waiting on another thread where someone is fake friending another unsuspecting victim. 

____

Pet peeve: when I block someone, still being able to see their name anywhere at all or anything that has been posted via a quote. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
one coffee short of a good day just yet
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, blissfulbreeze said:

I'd volunteer to be assigned parts of mainland and remove old things. I'm sure there are others who'd volunteer to work on projects that have been on LL's to do list. @Dyna Mole @Patch Linden

I'd volunteer too, although I was known to have deleted several buildings in Neufreistadt by accident many years ago.  I did get them back but, well, I could be a liability. :D 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

I totally agree with you Silent.

I would add something to this, but I'm watching and waiting on another thread where someone is fake friending another unsuspecting victim. 

____

Pet peeve: when I block someone, still being able to see their name anywhere at all or anything that has been posted via a quote. 

Watching with you.  The hypocrisy is almost amusing.

• Like 3

On 3/6/2022 at 7:24 PM, Sammy Huntsman said:

Okay my biggest pet peeve. Is that LL never warned us. That after legacy name change. That some settings revert to default. They really need to warn us when it happens. I thought it would be seamless. But I had to take 15 mins to fix my viewer settings.

I'm considering a name change, and I do have a legacy name. Just wondering, what else did you see? What settings reset besides viewer (and was that SL viewer or Firestorm?)

Edited by Kira Trafalgar

3 minutes ago, Kira Trafalgar said:

I'm considering a name change, and I do have a legacy name. Just wondering, what else did you see? What settings reset besides viewer (and was that SL viewer or Firestorm?)

Some inventory settings and I honestly don't remember the other settings. It has been a while since I changed my name.

4 minutes ago, Kira Trafalgar said:

Many of your viewer settings -- for all viewers -- are stored in viewer-specific folders in your APPDATA -- there are Settings and there are Chat/IM logs.  All of the account specific stuff is in sub-folders named for your Avatar/Account name.  Simply copy those folders to new ones named for the new avatar. In the case of the Settings, there might be one or more xml files that have your account name inside them.  You can edit those and change them.

If you do that before actually logging in with your new name, your current settings will be preserved.

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In the case of the Settings, there might be one or more xml files that have your account name inside them.  You can edit those and change them.

Just be aware .. you can easily create a bad or broken settings file and end up with impossible to track down weirdness or worse. It looks like XML .. but it's not quite.

Make a back up copy .. or just, you know .. don't !

40 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Just be aware .. you can easily create a bad or broken settings file and end up with impossible to track down weirdness or worse. It looks like XML .. but it's not quite.

Make a back up copy .. or just, you know .. don't !

Yes, I do often forget that not everyone around here is a techie -- hell, most probably aren't.