26 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

Yes, but sometimes the item can be so far you can't buy it or inspect it, you'll have to get closer to be able to click on it.

You just have to disable camera constraints and uncheck limit select distance in advanced tab to cam shop from a distance.  Also, some places only allow tp to a set landing point so the tp2cam won't work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, AdminGirl said:

Peeved at store landing points that do not place you IN the store. I'm sure the store owners think their landscaping is too beautiful to miss but not everyone wants to or has the hardware to render all that. Some of us just want to buy something and go.

When I find I have to run through a distance of falling rain, snow, and a maze of trees just to get to the store entrance, I give up and just go home.

I get this, and I'm not about to tell you you're "wrong," or should feel differently.

But I have to say that I like a really beautiful or thoughtfully-constructed shopping parcel. Some of these places are so interesting and nice in their own right that i grab an LM and return for pics. And I really appreciate a beautiful store -- there are so few of those. One men and women's clothing designer I sometimes buy from has laid out their store to look like a higher-end RL clothing store. It's really quite a lovely experience shopping there. 

It may of course be that my preferences run this way because I actually don't much enjoy shopping, but I do like exploring beautiful or interesting places.

• Like 2

On 1/9/2021 at 6:45 AM, Orwar said:

A two-part peeve.

Part I: When you make a cup of coffee, but then you end up in Gimp and the coffee goes cold.

Part II: When you go to pop the coffee in the microwaver, and it comes out reeking of artificial popcorn-butter because your roommates are disgusting swine who don't ever clean the kitchen after themselves. Who even eats that junk to begin with? Groans.

That hyperfocus though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I get this, and I'm not about to tell you you're "wrong," or should feel differently.

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here.

Some people enjoy exploring and taking in the scenery.  For them, shopping is about the "journey", so to speak.  A whole experience they want to enjoy. 

Others want to just grab what they want and leave.  

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here.

Some people enjoy exploring and taking in the scenery.  For them, shopping is about the "journey", so to speak.  A whole experience they want to enjoy. 

Others want to just grab what they want and leave.  

Exactly!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

You don't have to move at all, you can zoom and get your item, or you can zoom to the item you want and type in the local chat: tp2cam ( that if you're using firestorm ), and you will be there in blink of an eye, that's what i always do.

Sometimes I don't even want to render their "scene", and sometimes I crash when there's too much there, but camming definitely helps either way.

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

But I have to say that I like a really beautiful or thoughtfully-constructed shopping parcel. Some of these places are so interesting and nice in their own right that i grab an LM and return for pics. And I really appreciate a beautiful store -- there are so few of those. One men and women's clothing designer I sometimes buy from has laid out their store to look like a higher-end RL clothing store. It's really quite a lovely experience shopping there. 

It may of course be that my preferences run this way because I actually don't much enjoy shopping, but I do like exploring beautiful or interesting places.

That's true. I do love the effort put in to make places alive and beautiful. But I personally would prefer to be given a choice when it comes to exploring the scenery, instead of being forced to by a landing point. I shop but I hate the actual process of it so I try to make it as quick as possible. I guess when I'm not on a mission, that's when I actually enjoy their set up.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

He grabbed the pen out of my hand, scrawled the word down on his reservation and divided it into smaller parts, finishing with a flourish and a scowl. 

How rude...hope he had a lumpy bed xD

Next time, say "How do you know it makes an ass of you and me? I bet you just assumed that!"

• Like 3

22 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

I will never forget the first time anyone ever took and analyzed the word assume for me.  I was  a simple little hotel desk clerk who had the misfortune to tell a business man that his room wasn't ready.  I innocently told him we hadn't expected him to arrive when he did and used the word. He grabbed the pen out of my hand, scrawled the word down on his reservation and divided it into smaller parts, finishing with a flourish and a scowl.  Over 40 years later and I still cringe when anyone starts to talk about assumptions.

Someone once told me, when you assume, you make an @$$ out of you and me. Then he said @$$ you me. I told him, ok cool just as long as you don't put me in a position where I have to assume. Talk to me, tell me what's going on and there isn't a problem with assuming.

Then he said, Touché!

So I said, Reposte!

Then we both laughed and walked away. 🤭

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Like cold tea

Cold tea never works.

Coffee can be warm or chilled, but not room temp. 

Iced tea is an abomination. 

• Sad 2

Spending twice the amount of time to produce only a portion of what was possible only a few months back. 

I remind myself that entities with healthy accounts receivable should have been prepared, and fewer should be using the P-word as an excuse for not being on things better.

1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

999999-6900014886.jpg

Brewed from real tea leaves. I mean. As opposed to what?

giphy.gif

Besides, only Assam brewed as per the Orwellian method counts as 'real' tea. Everything else just wishes it was tea.

Before we get into tea wars, the point  I was making was that if I'm concentrating on doing pics, or doing an outfit, my mug of tea can get stone cold. It's annoying, but then I get to bump the pot, and it's hot again, and with more chocolate, obviously at least 80% solids...

8 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Before we get into tea wars, the point  I was making was that if I'm concentrating on doing pics, or doing an outfit, my mug of tea can get stone cold. It's annoying, but then I get to bump the pot, and it's hot again, and with more chocolate, obviously at least 80% solids...

I was just thinking, those who complain about cold tea have never had or don't remember having babies, making a cuppa, settling down to drink then waaaaahhhhhhhhh  feed me/change me/amuse me time. An hour later you are just grateful for a sip of tepid wetness before it all kicks off again. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I was just thinking, those who complain about cold tea have never had or don't remember having babies, making a cuppa, settling down to drink then waaaaahhhhhhhhh  feed me/change me/amuse me time. An hour later you are just grateful for a sip of tepid wetness before it all kicks off again. 

This would be me, but with coffee (yeah, I'm from the states).  However, as an adult, I cannot stand cold coffee.   

Cold tea is similar to iced tea, which is a common summer drink here (though many will argue until death on whether or not it should be sweetened).

• Like 1

I agree with @Orwar, Assam is the best.  I drink Irish breakfast which is mostly Assam tea and I like it hot.  I still drink it after it has gone cold, but the pleasure is diminished. Before I retired I used to use one of those little hot plates at my desk to keep the tea from going cold.  I don't work that hard anymore.

• Like 1