Here's to getting drunk with siblings on Xmas Eve.  I'm not a regular drinker but I do enjoy getting hammered once in a great while.  Fortunately I learned my limits long ago and stopped drinking while still pleasantly inebriated, but before the heavy price must be paid.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

Here's to getting drunk with siblings on Xmas Eve.  I'm not a regular drinker but I do enjoy getting hammered once in a great while.  Fortunately I learned my limits long ago and stopped drinking while still pleasantly inebriated, but before the heavy price must be paid.

Same here :) I was drinking champagne with my sister and her boyfriend on Zoom until 1.15am. 

I'm supposed to be cooking chilli burritos now for a family Zoom dinner at 3pm...but I just can't be bothered to start cooking, don't feel hungry...might just log in with Pringles xD

I'm sorry to hear about your ex, I hope 2021 brings you a turnabout in luck!

• Like 1

I didn't realize just how big the explosion was in Nashville this morning when I first posted. 

I seen footage of it and omg, it was a huge explosion. 

Whoever put the camper bomb there, I guess about 5:30am either had a recording of gun shots  or shot off a gun to wake everyone up to get thier attention to the warning that would start up around 6:30.. that recording was someone telling everyone to evacuate  the area because a bomb will be going off in 15 minutes.. then it would say the same things but would be 14 minutes,13 minutes, 12 minutes.. 

So they had to be looking to just knock out communications.. which they  sure did that for sure. Plus I think they shut a lot down later also for all kinds of other reasons that were for safety and also to not make it easier for whomever to either set another off or to get away..

Planes were shut down, internet and phone and tv services are impacted from as far north as Illinois all the way down into Alabama..

I'm just glad nobody was killed.

All the other stuff we'll get back in time. Enough people have been dying this year already.

Sorry for my sounding selfish in my earlier post, we just didn't know what was going on yet or that it was so big of an explosion.

When we first heard about it, it sounded like someone trying to blow up a box or something outside the building, not a bomb that was trying to blow up the whole building..

We were doing a face time with friends at around maybe 9:00 to 9:30am and we heard the news from them. They didn't know that much about it themselves.

I can't wait to hear the dumb reason behind why they did this. I'll probably head desk like always..

Sorry if this is a long post. I hate posting on my phone. It's slower and I can't see the whole thing to tell just how long I've been dragging it out. hehehe

Eta: that and all the typos that happen.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

32 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Sorry for my sounding selfish in my earlier post...

I would be peeved if some douche blew up a vehicle and wiped out my internet connection too!

33 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I can't wait to hear the dumb reason behind why they did this. I'll probably head desk like always..

Santa probably didn't bring him what he wanted for Xmas.

• Like 1

I've mentioned it before -- and too bad more creators don't read these forums:  Clothing demos where the texture is nothing but white or black with "Demo" written all over it.  

I want to know how the real textures look on the dress or other clothing item.

OMG - And a dress train that is apparently rigged to the heels of the feet, so one half and then the other half flops up and down with each step.  That might work if we had true cloth-like movement, but with stiff mesh it looks like duck feet flapping.

• Like 6

¸☆´. •´
. •´✶`*. 
*. *★v. ✶•´ ☆´, •*´¨★ Ձ๏21
¸✶. •´¸. •*´✶
☆´¸. •★´ ¸. ✶* ☆★
╱◥◣
│∩ │◥███◣ ╱◥███◣
╱◥◣ ◥████◣▓∩▓│∩
│╱◥█◣║∩∩∩ ║◥█▓ ▓█
๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩
۩๑ THESE THINGS ﹗๑۩

• Like 1

Here's a good one. I just bought a fatpack of coats. Added the unpacker HUD and received three folders, labelled thus:

[item name] - F/W Pack 1
[item name] - F/W Pack 2
[item name] - F/W Pack 3

Opened up the first of those folders. Oh joy. It contains five more unpacker HUDs, labelled thus:

[item name] - F/W 1 - unpack
[item name] - F/W 2 - unpack
[item name] - F/W 3 - unpack
[item name] - F/W 4 - unpack
[item name] - F/W 5 - unpack

F/W Pack 2 has five more unpacker HUDs, labelled from 6 through 10, and F/W Pack 3 has five more labelled 11 through 15.

Bracing myself I add the first one, hoping it might be the black coloured coat, as that's the one I want first from the 15 in the fatpack. What do I get?

[item name] - Freya - F/W 1
[item name] - Jake - F/W 1
[item name] - Legacy (F) - F/W 1
[item name] - Maitreya - F/W 1
[item name] - Legacy (M) - F/W 1

Look, dear designer. I know you want to be all fancy-pants-couture and all that with your Fall/Winter collection, but GIVE ME THE BLOODY COLOUR NAMES. I now have to unpack 15 HUDs and try on every single one of these so I can rename the folders with the colour name (and then delete all but the Legacy M and Maitreya sizes (assuming the Maitreya ones don't have too-big built-in boob bumps).

To say that I'm not a happy camper right now would be an understatement. ¬¬

Edit: I went back to the store in the hopes that the vendors would be labelled. Luckily, each single vendor was named after the numbers (F/W 1, F/W 2 etc) so I took a screenshot of it, took that screenshot into Photoshop, and wrote the numbers onto the image, before uploading it to SL to go in the folder as a colour reference. The black coat is F/W 4, so I guess I wouldn't have had to unpack many of them until I reached that one...

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Items that are no-mod so I can't take off the full bright.  Do I chuck it into the bin or do I live with the Chernobyl chic glow aesthetic?  Decisions, decisions...

Chuck it.

I refuse to buy no-mod anymore, unless it is super cheap and I would be willing to chuck it in the bin - because I'm not living with the glow.

• Like 2

I haven't posted on these forums for a while, but here's a pet peeve, I suppose. It's when people go out of their way to make others have a bad experience with Second Life by harassing or what have you. People have their own reasons for being on SL. SL trolling might be funny to a lot of people, but for me it's really childish and tiring and why I honestly have grown away from SL. Being harassed for no reason at the sandbox sims, for one. Some people just want to use SL as an escape from all the BS in their real lives and for some people to go out of their way and deliberately make it a generally uncomfortable experience is why I've lately been scared to take my avie anywhere on SL. It's like the one time I get approached in-world and it's two users telling me my boyfriend should beat me irl. Like...wow. 

Edited by Ashlyn Voir
duplicate word
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

I haven't posted on these forums for a while, but here's a pet peeve, I suppose. It's when people go out of their way to make others have a bad experience with Second Life by harassing or what have you. People have their own reasons for being on SL. SL trolling might be funny to a lot of people, but for me it's really childish and tiring and why I honestly have grown away from SL. Being harassed for no reason at the sandbox sims, for one. Some people just want to use SL as an escape from all the BS in their real lives and for some people to go out of their way and deliberately make it a generally uncomfortable experience is why I've lately been scared to take my avie anywhere on SL. It's like the one time I get approached in-world and it's two users telling me my boyfriend should beat me irl. Like...wow. 

Then don't go those sandboxes anymore. There must be other places griefers don't hang out.

4 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

A certain creator whose skins never look like the image, no matter what lighting you use or even using the included shapes and shapers for the recommended head it was allegedly created for. Why just why?

giphy.gif

Maybe they're rezzed with it. Maybe it's Photoshop. Eeeh, I'm pretty sure it's Photoshop. ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jordan Whitt said:

a9ba60670cae6274bb3725bc3c8cdb21.gif

9cb9e07cb28911a18b7ff4e1da6140e6.gif

And on that note. Pet peeve: when you return and the welcome home committee has gone lost at Blake Sea. Huffs.

• Haha 3