6 hours ago, Robin Kiyori said:

Are there really that many more folks with Jake then other of the actually updated bodies for masc folk?

I don't have any real data, but from what I have heard from friends who make clothes, rigging for Jake is supposedly easier. When last I saw a poll on which bodies people were using (in just one store, mind) the Gianni was, by far, the most popular one, with Jake second, Legacy third - I think Aesthetic was fourth and in front of Geralt (which sucks). That was about a year ago though, so things may well have changed since, and the sample may not have been properly representative of the actual ratios to begin with (the store does offer a fair bit of Gor-esque stuff, which might appeal to the same sort of people to whom Gianni and Aesthetic may be more appealing than Jake and Legacy). 

I'm fairly confident Gianni is still the most widely used body though, and to not drop support for Gianni may well alienate a large portion of your customers - far from everyone has several bodies to swap between just to wear a certain piece of apparel.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

AUGH!

It's so frustrating when they delete a thread just as I hit Submit Reply. 🤭

I was just thinking when I saw a comment in a different thread about threads disappearing 'as we speak' - all those well-thought out opinions, carefully researched links, pages and pages, all that work! - just gone in the blink of an eye.  :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

AUGH!

It's so frustrating when they [s]delete[/s] lock a thread just as I hit Submit Reply. 🤭

Well, that and having spent 20 minutes writing a long and, I hope, thoughtful post that is now "poof" with everything else.

It's a wee bit bizarre that Pam's thread is gone, another has been locked, but . . . the one that is obviously trolling the forum on the same subject is still there?

ETA: It's now locked.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 3

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, that and having spent 20 minutes writing a long and, I hope, thoughtful post that is now "poof" with everything else.

It's a wee bit bizarre that Pam's thread is gone, another has been locked, but . . . the one that is obviously trolling the forum on the same subject is still there?

The one that is locked now wasn't a few minutes ago, so perhaps they're still going through the topics list and doing clean-up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MoiraKathleen said:

The one that is locked now wasn't a few minutes ago, so perhaps they're still going through the topics list and doing clean-up. 

These threads are always problematic. Yeah, I get that they can become toxic waste dumps. And I also understand that mods don't have the time to go through a 40+ page thread and sort out the "good" from the "bad."

But it is dispiriting to try to contribute in what one hopes is a productive and calm fashion to a discussion, just to watch it burn along with everything else.

Oh well. It's the internet . . .

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

and having spent 20 minutes writing a long and, I hope, thoughtful post that is now "poof" with everything else

I can commiserate with that (and I probably would have enjoyed reading your post) but I'd also given up hope that any responses in several of those threads made any difference, and I'd started to try and ignore them the best that I could.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

ETA: It's now locked.

If it is any consolation, I too had a researched post I was going to post but at the last minute decided it would only inflame more in spite of being correct historically. As I see now, it likely would not have made it in before the lock anyway so all good, wasn't meant to be in either case.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

I was just thinking when I saw a comment in a different thread about threads disappearing 'as we speak' - all those well-thought out opinions, carefully researched links, pages and pages, all that work! - just gone in the blink of an eye.  :)

Mine was a really, really good one. I was "shocked" by the lock because I wasn't expecting it at that moment. So shocked that I have forgotten what my post was about. 🤣

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, I was going to go back and read instead of skim that rather long post you made about the benefits of not censoring, and now it's gone!

• Like 1

One or a couple of the control freaks of the forum reported it I'm sure, not that I mind abuse being reported.

Without being reported it's amazing what flies by without notice..

So Pet Peeve yeah...control freaks on the forum. Insular little cr*p space on the internet.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

One or a couple of the control freaks of the forum reported it I'm sure, not that I mind abuse being reported.

So Pet Peeve yeah...control freaks on the forum. Insular little cr*p space on the internet.

Don't look at me. I rather argue you then report you :)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Don't look at me. I rather argue you then report you :)

lol I have no doubt about that!

And although sometimes I want to tear my hair out when debating you I actually have discovered important things, and have even seen your perspective at times, and so I don't regret it.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

*raises hand*

I reported the threads...all three of them, and I would not call myself a "control freak"...far from it.  What I am is someone who is sick and tired of seeing these threads where it is the same people arguing the same point, and heaven forbid anyone have an opposing opinion without being abuse, ridiculed, called horrible names and belittled.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

*raises hand*

I reported the threads...all three of them, and I would not call myself a "control freak"...far from it.  What I am is someone who is sick and tired of seeing these threads where it is the same people arguing the same point, and heaven forbid anyone have an opposing opinion without being abuse, ridiculed, called horrible names and belittled.

Well, I'm not going to hold you personally responsible for the deletion and the locks, because I suspect others ARed them as well, and the mods likely would have taken action on them eventually anyway.

Nor am I going to call you a control freak, because I agree -- you are not one.

But I am a little curious as to why you would AR threads merely, by your own telling, because you were "sick and tired" of them. You do realize that some people, probably a lot of people, actually did put work and effort and thought into their contributions? Looked up news sources or online resources, or spent a fair amount of time crafting posts? There was some nonsense, of course, but not more, I think, than I see in most longer threads.

If they were annoying you, why not just . . . not read them?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, I'm not going to hold you personally responsible for the deletion and the locks, because I suspect others ARed them as well, and the mods likely would have taken action on them eventually anyway.

Nor am I going to call you a control freak, because I agree -- you are not one.

But I am a little curious as to why you would AR threads merely, by your own telling, because you were "sick and tired" of them. You do realize that some people, probably a lot of people, actually did put work and effort and thought into their contributions? Looked up news sources or online resources, or spent a fair amount of time crafting posts? There was some nonsense, of course, but not more, I think, than I see in most longer threads.

If they were annoying you, why not just . . . not read them?

I did stop reading them after a while because its the same people having the same argument, yelling over each other, not actually engaging in the give and take of a conversation where you listen to someone.  There was a lot of name calling and abuse - a lot thrown my way when it was completely uncalled for.  When I did bow out of one thread, the reaction I got was an immature "yay" from the other party I had been engaging with, showing that some people are not interested in debating at all, just shutting anyone who has a differing opinion up and running them off.

I do appreciate the one who did put thought into their posts and were there to engage maturely and share information and ideas and actually LISTEN....and I am sorry they got silenced too.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I did stop reading them after a while because its the same people having the same argument, yelling over each other, not actually engaging in the give and take of a conversation where you listen to someone.  There was a lot of name calling and abuse - a lot thrown my way when it was completely uncalled for.  When I did bow out of one thread, the reaction I got was an immature "yay" from the other party I had been engaging with, showing that some people are not interested in debating at all, just shutting anyone who has a differing opinion up and running them off.

I do appreciate the one who did put thought into their posts and were there to engage maturely and share information and ideas and actually LISTEN....and I am sorry they got silenced too.  

Yeah, I get that. There were some pretty intemperate posts, and posters.

I wouldn't have ARed them (I only AR really blatant spam posts), but in fairness, two of threads are still there, so the posts themselves haven't poofed. I'm not sure why that one in particular was nuked, when one of the others is a far more obvious troll, but there ya are . . . Ours is not to reason why . . .

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm not sure why that one in particular was nuked, when one of the others is a far more obvious troll, but there ya are . . . Ours is not to reason why . . .

I wondered if it was to try to stop that OP from claiming censorship, since it is still visible. Or maybe they just figured that you have a right to embarrass yourself by being mean-spirited and disingenuous if you want to, even if they decide not to allow the potentially very hurtful and offensive bunfight that you're trying to start.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I wondered if it was to try to stop that OP from claiming censorship, since it is still visible. Or maybe they just figured that you have a right to embarrass yourself by being mean-spirited and disingenuous if you want to, even if they decide not to allow the potentially very hurtful and offensive bunfight that you're trying to start.

That's a good thought, re. the censorship thing . . . although, if true, it is rather ironic that "bad behaviour" is being rewarded.

I'm sorry that Pam's thread is gone. I disagreed with her OP, but it was, in some regards, the least "nasty" and most interesting of the three.

• Like 4