I don't know if my hands are just getting jumpy or there's something else going on, but lately when I'm trying to add a reaction to someone's post I sometimes get diverted to the profile of someone else who reacted, and mostly I don't know them.  I just don't bother deliberately looking at profiles, so please don't puzzle about why I looked, whoever you people were. B|

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I don't know if my hands are just getting jumpy or there's something else going on, but lately when I'm trying to add a reaction to someone's post I sometimes get diverted to the profile of someone else who reacted, and mostly I don't know them.  I just don't bother deliberately looking at profiles, so please don't puzzle about why I looked, whoever you people were. B|

/me visits your profile to check who else visited your profile recently..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

No it wasn't the quoting loophole.  I was seeing the "you have blocked blah blah" message and right underneath it would be that person's post.  It was driving me insane....r!

I see this if there are new replies while I'm reading and I click the "show new replies" link at the bottom of the page rather than doing a full page refresh.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I see this if there are new replies while I'm reading and I click the "show new replies" link at the bottom of the page rather than doing a full page refresh.

Maybe this is the answer!  I shall stop doing that!!!

images.jpg

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

No it wasn't the quoting loophole.  I was seeing the "you have blocked blah blah" message and right underneath it would be that person's post.  It was driving me insane....r!

Interesting. Guess I'm lucky not to have seen this.  But it's still not right for the block feature to fail like that.

Edited by Eddy Vortex

7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Would the tea used (as a Brownian motion generator) to power the Heart of Gold taste good, or not?

Bonus points to anyone who gets the reference.

hmmm, tea you say?  I don't think one can get a cup of tea there.

• Like 1

Clothing merchants that only have demos for some items -- and I'm talking new items here, not old stuff.  Four out of six dress on the NEW wall have demos, but the other two do not. 

WTH is up with that ?!?!?! 

Even if they are buying full perm stuff and texturing it themselves, they should be able to do a demo.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

Along the lines of important safety tips ...

If you're trying to avoid a particular post (or two or three) completely, and don't even want to see the snippet of the last comment posted to it, don't click on "Next unread topic" when you're in the forum section with the posts, and don't click "Unread Content" at all. 

Viewing the list of forum sections, and topic listings within a section, to find unread sections and threads, works well as long you remember that's what you should be doing.

Edited by MoiraKathleen
changed posts to threads...
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

OMG I do this all the time.  Just right now I went to laugh at something and found myself stalking @LittleMe Jewell 😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, MoiraKathleen said:

Along the lines of important safety tips ...

If you're trying to avoid a particular post (or two or three) completely, and don't even want to see the snippet of the last comment posted to it, don't click on "Next unread topic" when you're in the forum section with the posts, and don't click "Unread Content" at all. 

Viewing the list of forum sections, and topic listings within a section, to find unread sections and threads, works well as long you remember that's what you should be doing.

What posts are we avoiding, asking for myself.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What posts are we avoiding, asking for myself.

the way I guess is if someone posts a lot and their posts don't have any reactions or requoting,  I pretty much assume its because they are blocked by so many people they are just yapping pretty much to themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Peeve forum notifications.  If someone quotes me, I lose the notification of this in the drop down anid a sea of notifications that someone reacted to my post.  I don't care about reactions but I would like to check/reply to a quote.   Maybe it's me and I am missing somewhere that I can choose just to be notified of quotes and not reactions? 

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Maybe it's me and I am missing somewhere that I can choose just to be notified of quotes and not reactions? 

Haven't found that option anywhere under the notification settings, unfortunately. Imagine how calm things would be if you only were notified of mentions and quotes ... 

• Haha 1

Today's pet peeve: music sliders stopping at 100.

"JIMMY TURN IT UP LOUDER! ... MAKE THE DRUMS LOUDER! ... MAKE THE GUITAR LOUDER! ... MAKE THE LIGHTS BRIGHTER! ... TURN 'EM UP!" - Meat Loaf, 1993. 

I wish.

34 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Today's pet peeve: music sliders stopping at 100.

"JIMMY TURN IT UP LOUDER! ... MAKE THE DRUMS LOUDER! ... MAKE THE GUITAR LOUDER! ... MAKE THE LIGHTS BRIGHTER! ... TURN 'EM UP!" - Meat Loaf, 1993. 

I wish.

You'd regret it eventually. It's not fun living with hearing loss and/or tinnitus.

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You'd regret it eventually. It's not fun living with hearing loss and/or tinnitus.

Probably. But I'm in a somewhat hyped up mood (I blame Rammstein). Already got a bleeding knuckle from poorly aimed air drumming, and I haven't even started drinking yet. ^_^

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Peeve forum notifications.  If someone quotes me, I lose the notification of this in the drop down anid a sea of notifications that someone reacted to my post.  I don't care about reactions but I would like to check/reply to a quote.   Maybe it's me and I am missing somewhere that I can choose just to be notified of quotes and not reactions? 

I think something changed in the last forum upgrade. I'm pretty sure there used to be an option to pick what you were notified for.  I do not get any notification for 'reactions' and I am pretty sure that is because I de-selected it from some list once upon a time.   Yet I can no longer find such option -- hence why I'm pretty sure it is another negative fallout of the last forum software upgrade.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I think something changed in the last forum upgrade. I'm pretty sure there used to be an option to pick what you were notified for.  I do not get any notification for 'reactions' and I am pretty sure that is because I de-selected it from some list once upon a time.   Yet I can no longer find such option -- hence why I'm pretty sure it is another negative fallout of the last forum software upgrade.

I get notification when anyone interacts with my content.

Screenshot_2021-01-15-10-14-42.png

29 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I get notification when anyone interacts with my content.

Screenshot_2021-01-15-10-14-42.png

I get notifications for posts in threads/sub-forums that are in my list, for any quoting of me, for posts by people that I follow, and if anyone mentions me, but not for Reactions.  I definitely remember turning that specific type of notification off long ago.  However, I can no longer find any way to turn off notifications of just Reactions.