New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I feel that I have waited so long for modern options, I can't care so much about small details that could be better. Like a sink under a window. I give the staircase a "stink eye", but if I have to live with it, I have to live with it.

I start to plan how to decorate, and I have not done it in many releases now. It is a bit of that good, old excitement back.

• Like 14

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Stellaa Starlight said:

Denver - 512 - 1 story

Ender - 512 -   2 story

Faraday - 512 - 1 story

Gatewood - 512 - 2 story

Will these homes be able to be placed out onto the 1024 lots? Or are these only going to be able to be on the 512 smaller lots with less LI? I will be very disappointed if we can only have the 4 other homes for the 1024 lots. 

No, sorry, I'll be upfront as we will have to disappoint you in this case. We don't have the flexibility in the system to allow for the 512sqm homes to be placed on the 1024sqm parcels.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 10

Just now, Patch Linden said:

No, sorry, I'll be upfront as we will have to disappoint you in this case. We don't have the flexibility in the system to allow for the 512sqm homes to be placed on the 1024sqm parcels.  

Thanks for the quick reply and being up front about that. I still may give this style a chance someday depending on how the regions turn out so holding out hope for beautiful hills, rivers etc...  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Funny how much better they look just by adding a proper roof....

1205140442_LHMod.png.f1167e1277d5db6cd0bc2592bc049bdd.png

And a chimney...

1286972916_LHMod2.png.57c6bf9158574039a810d4355e2a8563.png

I really hate that. Really, really hate that roof.😨 Give me 10 helicopters on the roofs, and Kupra-wearing ladies with max bodyoil in 50 roof pools around me instead. That is better.

I may put in a chimney on the roof, I already think about Trompe homes with the modern fireplaces that I can link off and use in the modern houses.

• Like 11
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

I think perhaps a more general frustration for some is the entire idea of Outdoor space vs Indoor space.  Over time each theme has increasingly taken up a larger footprint on the given lot size.  I get that there needs to be a balance because some people love bigger homes like the Logs other people love smaller homes with bigger outdoor spaces like the Trads.  Just food for thought and I know it may be too late for this theme.  But maybe the next theme to come could have a variety of smaller and larger homes in the selection.... Say 2 large and 2 small.  Actually for as much as I did not like the Chalets maybe the one really good thing about them is they felt like they accomplished that balance.  Some taking a big footprint others a smaller one.

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

From the Inspiration Department.... here are examples some magnificent RL mid-century homes in the San Francisco Bay Area https://www.dwell.com/article/best-eichler-homes-for-sale-2019-de1b7d97 

These are Eichlers of course. I am thinking that some add on creators will provide some low-slope roof add-ons so Newbrookes can be Eichlerized.

Low slope roof yes. Sadly they are not the same when there are no skylights. More stylish than the very tall pointed roofs.  And I found some exterior inspiration from that link. Big, square stepping stones in gravel around the house. Build a carport attached to the house, if it is room for it. Some other ideas too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Less homes per region would be a huge improvement, I think the other one that is most important that people have talked about would be the interior matching the exterior in theme.

That was my first impression when they were revealed.  The homes look to be squeezed tight in the parcels with not much green space for landscaping.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I had this initial thought when I first saw the new theme, but some of the houses are so BIG on their parcels that they are right to the edge taking up most of the ground area making it seem closer to the neighbor house.  Some choices will not need much outdoor landscaping because there won't be room for more than ivy growing on the side of the house

Looking at the parcels lines I noticed this too. Some of the 512's, single story take up the whole parcel so there is no room outside for any bushes, trees or other landscaping - so your view out the window is whatever the neighbours have in their yard. You'd have to put up a small privacy screen if you want it prettier.  But this might suit those who don't care much for landscaping and prefer to focus their attention inside only. At least there are 8 homes to choose from:)

I think it's a good move to close the demo and update it - I'd rather wait longer and see the usual LL standard than a WIP. I appreiciate that they wanted to give us a reveal at the Expo.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Patch Linden said:

Our architectural study on container homes, generally revealed that roofs, porches and overhangs were not structural.  We did not see those sorts of features on the many represented examples we used for design guidance.  Being that is a bit of a blank slate, I have no doubt that someone in the community will come up with interesting ways to use that roof as a deck.  😉

Rooftop parties!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I spent a lot of time there thinking about how to cover the sides of the stairs... to eliminate those painted wooden railings, which for me don't cover with the rest of the architectural design of the house... it would be a dream not to have that. And I've been waiting for this kind of house since Bellisseria came out.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Nando Yip said:

I spent a lot of time there thinking about how to cover the sides of the stairs... to eliminate those painted wooden railings, which for me don't cover with the rest of the architectural design of the house... it would be a dream not to have that. And I've been waiting for this kind of house since Bellisseria came out.

Concrete.  It will be chunky, but will better match the theme, and wouldn't be too difficult to do.  

• Like 5

I want to preface this by saying that modern homes are my absolute favorite. I love current modern homes with their sleek stylings, color/material blocking, and abundant utilization natural materials. I love MidMod homes with their charming beams, bright pops of color, and clerestory windows. I love courtyards, low pitched roofs, non-traditional window placement, fresh white stucco, glass and iron railings, and sleek wood floors.

All of the range and beauty of modern homes and you settled on really massive container homes with few architectural embellishments, no natural materials, and aesthetically asynchronous traditional interiors?

Huh. Didn't see that one coming. I'm just completely baffled by the decisions here.

Edited by Sehra Kauffman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sehra Kauffman said:

I want to preface this by saying that modern homes are my absolute favorite. I love current modern homes with their sleek stylings, color/material blocking, and abundant utilization natural materials. I love MidMod homes with their charming beams, bright pops of color, and clerestory windows. I love courtyards, angled roofs, non-traditional window placement, fresh white stucco, glass and iron railings, and sleek wood floors.

All of the range and beauty of modern homes and you settled on really massive container homes with few architectural embellishments, no natural materials, and aesthetically asynchronous traditional interiors?

Huh. Didn't see that one coming. I'm just completely baffled by the decisions here.

Maybe Patch & Co pry off the fat wood trim, molding and baseboards, and replace the stairs with steel and glass as we are waiting... lol. I think nobody like the stairs.

One can dream. ☺️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Sehra Kauffman said:

I want to preface this by saying that modern homes are my absolute favorite. I love current modern homes with their sleek stylings, color/material blocking, and abundant utilization natural materials. I love MidMod homes with their charming beams, bright pops of color, and clerestory windows. I love courtyards, low pitched roofs, non-traditional window placement, fresh white stucco, glass and iron railings, and sleek wood floors.

We can not go with every type of modern or mid-modern home style out there.  We choose modern container homes with aesthetically asynchronous traditional drywall interiors, some architectural embellishments, and natural materials.  There are 3 exterior material types with 9 colors present each.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

An update from the demo region...

Wait, Christmas lights? Are you just being joyous for the Christmas expo, or is there some possibility that we might need the lights ourselves this year?

Nah couldn't be. After all Abnor said about them being a WIP! Of course, Abnor has spent a lot of time in the company of the Trickster-in-Chief 😁 .... Nah ... ?

7 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

From the Inspiration Department.... here are examples some magnificent RL mid-century homes in the San Francisco Bay Area https://www.dwell.com/article/best-eichler-homes-for-sale-2019-de1b7d97 

These are Eichlers of course. I am thinking that some add on creators will provide some low-slope roof add-ons so Newbrookes can be Eichlerized.

^^ THIS is giving me so many ideas. We have some very creative people in Belliserria and I think once we see what the creative minds can do with this theme, some of you will be whistling a different tune.

• Like 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.