New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think it looks better. It is still too heavy and reminiscent of homogenous track-style housing for my tase, but it has lost the over-55 retirement development or jail cell feel. The designers and residents will find ways to make the theme more varied and graceful.

How nice it would be to mix in some vics and trads! Just like in RL!

Thank you Patch for listening. 

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes

Thanks to Patch and the team for updating the region to be more reflective of the end product! My initial thoughts are that the colour options are a simple but  great improvment and makes the reveal feel more consistent with the general aesthetic of the past ones.  Overall the small change has made a big difference I think. It's a nice touch to furnish one of them too!

I notice there is a light brown colour option for the interior stairs and trim too.

The additional of colour to two of the hangout space has improved it, giving a warmer feel.  I can't remember if the other has changed, but I don't remember the fire pit before, so if that's an addition I really like it!

On a more critical note:

• I'm not sure if I like the pink colour (and to some extent the purple) - for some reason this seems to work better to my eye on other themes and looks a bit saccharin here. I love the more neutral range of colours, the sand, white and grey. It's enough variation to not give a completely monochrome look like before, so it's a great improvement and overall these colour changes gives the theme more personality.

• The black trim & bricks - I still find it jarring and feel it brings down the theme. I would have preferred to see  light neutral options given, like cream or grey. Why just black (and brown)? The black seems such a heavy contrast to the wall  colours.  The brown option is better as it looks less of a harsh contrast. I wonder if this is what others who feel it's heavy are picking up too?

I do think that despite all the criticisms so far that this will prove to be one of the most popular themes.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
Edited text
  • Like 4

I think the Ender is a great 512 option - it doesn't feel cramped inside and there's enough outside space for a nice garden.

Will it eventually have this long window as a door? There's no way to directly go into the garden area as you can in other houses - climb out that adjacent window maybe? (otherwise go out the front door - I know it's not far to walk lol but a side exit would be nice).

SLReveal2021Ender_002.png.3b46d4981bcca9c2898265c036eadfd3.png

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 2

I think the new version is a lot better than the initial reveal. Still the whole theme is (again) not my cup of tea and nothing that could tempt me to give up my Houseboat, Stilt on Pier, or the two Traditionals on seahore! :)

I might make another alt premium for a month though to join the chase for the best loocations when it starts - and grab the content box! ;)

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i stay here :) ... no pool will replace the rivers and lakes...

56253c5ecc994581731c9cfc329fcd53.jpg

What an amazing spot!!! I'm still in my beautiful old camper, I think I will be there forever, campers are the best

But I'm afraid some will try to take over any new theme, as usual. I'm not into the new themes (from the stilts to Newbrook), so I've been safe there. 

• Like 3

Please.. please! No these colors. I don't understand who would want this much colors on MODERN neighborhood... or colors even at all 😭 It really took all the clean, modern and elegance away. If the colors really have to stay there, please break them with grey tone more. Way too bright and strong colors. 

I am a huge fan of Modern architecture and there just doesn't fit colors like that. 

I give you a palette of colors for example what are well mixed with grey tone. Hope so this helps!
This just made me so sad but seems it please everyone else... 😢

Edit: Well, my modern dream is totally gone. I can't move where colors hurts my eyes this much. Those brown and grey colors there is fine but I can't live in place where neighbors bright turquoise and pink walls will point out straight from my window. Looks more likely Mexican house neighborhood.
I really loved it.. 💔

c16f86_738e93378e7543b0a4cae26f3b3a86a4_mv2.png

Edited by MaiBeso
  • Like 9

The black trim and brick need options. They look awful.

When I heard about exterior change, I was so happy to select other than black wood and bricks. You crushed my hope when the region opened again. It is not too late to do it right and add options!

The stone facades - is it limestone? Is 1000 times better than the colored ones.

Who made the fences? The wood from the fences and the concrete need to be a facade option, along with at least whitewashed brick, grey brick and natural brick.

Look... how much better would it not be, to have the same materials from the fence on a house? As it is now, the fence and the houses does not work together at. all.

wood_001.jpg

wood_014.jpg

wood_013.jpg

wood_012.jpg

wood_009.jpg

wood_006.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
added a sentence
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, MaiBeso said:

Please.. please! No these colors. I don't understand who would want this much colors on MODERN neighborhood... or colors even at all 😭 It really took all the clean, modern and elegance away. If the colors really have to stay there, please break them with grey tone more. Way too bright and strong colors. 

I am a huge fan of Modern architecture and there just doesn't fit colors like that. 

I give you a palette of colors for example what are well mixed with grey tone. Hope so this helps!
This just made me so sad but seems it please everyone else... 😢

c16f86_738e93378e7543b0a4cae26f3b3a86a4_mv2.png

I totally get it, these colours don't work for this style, for me anyway.
I'm not anti-colour, but this hurts my head.

• Like 1

I love the option of bold colors and the black brick.  Boring beige/gray is still available for those who don't want any  color.  Both the chalets and the fantasy homes have exterior colors that barely change between the options.  I'm glad the neighborhood won't just be beige/gray tones like the last 2 themes.  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I love the option of bold colors and the black brick.  Boring beige/gray is still available for those who don't want any  color.  Both the chalets and the fantasy homes have exterior colors that barely change between the options.  I'm glad the neighborhood won't just be beige/gray tones like the last 2 themes.  

If so, I think the fences should have the same dark wood. It is like the fences and houses does not belong together.

I look at the fence - look at a house - look at the fence again.

• Like 4

I've gone back to see the changes - I feel completely freaked out. In RL I  schooled in Coniston and currently live a stones throw from Heaton. Bizzare!

Still not wanting a Modern style for myself but I like them more with the adaptions I think people will really warm to them eventually and that lots of really colourful bold / blocky designs are going to happen. And as someone said here lots of colourful roof gardens which is quite exciting and now I am thinking I might even try one. I think the landscaping in the regions for real will also sway on the fencers. 

• Like 4

I am thinking some of this retro styled and bright / jewel toned stuff would look really good in the new homes or Art Deco 20s in black and gold - some people here really know how to do this sort of look well and some stores on the MP have pretty much all you would need...

{what next} Loungin Rug.jpg

zz1.jpg

Architect._Rum_Diary_Brown.jpg

Tennyson.jpg

Dutchie mid-century modern media console records color changeable vintage record player.jpg

Edited by Chloe Bunny
added photos
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Wohoo. Retros! 

I will go and wait again the next modern style homes, maybe someday they will make it and lets all retro lovers enjoy this time.

Have to say the retro style and roof gardens fits way better in these styles than the modern anyways. 🥺

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.