New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To me they look like the modern houses in Seattle neighborhoods where the old quaint bungalows are demolished and new blocky buildings are being built.  Except in Seattle the houses are much closer together.

People were wanting modern and that is what they got, why is there so much whining?  Seems like people want a 2 million dollar house on a 200K budget.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Flower Caerndow said:

To me they look like the modern houses in Seattle neighborhoods where the old quaint bungalows are demolished and new blocky buildings are being built.  Except in Seattle the houses are much closer together.

People were wanting modern and that is what they got, why is there so much whining?  Seems like people want a 2 million dollar house on a 200K budget.  

Looks more like public housing than modern.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I can see lots of chimneys and screen porches/sunrooms coming as add-ons. A nicely textured chimney would give these houses a needed touch of character.  

I don't think they look all that much like Trompe houses, which have far better textures and more interesting designs. If only they'd hired Cory Edo to assist with these designs.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 6

I hate to be critical, but I have to echo many of the sentiments that have already been expressed.  

• The inside is not a good stylistic match for the outside.  Interestingly, one of my biggest complaints about most of the houseboats is that they have too many modern design elements in a home that should be more rustic.  Why not reuse some of those modern elements for the Newbrooke interiors?
  • As has been the case with all of the Bellisseria homes, functional space does not appear to have been a consideration.  Is decorating a home not part of the design process?  As others have stated, there still is not a Linden home with a window that is suitable for kitchens.  Sure, people throw their kitchens in front of a window anyway, and pretend to not notice that the cabinetry blocks some of it, but it would be nice if homes were designed with function in mind. 
  • I'm struggling to come up with a technical reason for why the 512sqm models couldn't be included in the options for the 1024sqm parcels.  Why does one have to live with the smaller parcel and LI allowance to have one of the smaller homes?     
  • I'm not sure if the interior doors are included or if they will be left for the residents to add like the stilts, but I wish all of the themes left them out.  Being able to use custom doors allows for additional decorative flair, not to mention sliding pocket doors, which are great for saving space and improving walkability.  I would happily sacrifice a few LI to add my own doors.    

Criticisms aside, one benefit to the flaws is the challenge they present.  I look forward to attempting to make the most of an imperfect situation, as always.     

Edited by Matthieu Quander
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

🙏

How about rooftop pools? I ain't gonna go to no public pool, I just tell ya.

I'm already thinking about the rooftop pool. That would be very nice to have. It can be made so that it would blend well with the Newbrooke theme.

I actually had rooftop pool when I had old Linden home. I kept it only for few days because it was not allowed to build such extensions on the houses there.

2018-10-15_pool-view-to-south.thumb.jpg.53c69fb708e47620397ef8576478e5db.jpg

• Like 12

9 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

But doesn't having to buy all these addons to make the linden homes presentable really take away the "perk" of getting one free with a premium account.  I'd rather they give us all the houses as a choice and let us choose which one to put up. It would at least make the neighborhoods more interesting but still within LL guidelines. A Victorian next to a modern next to a traditional.  You know like in RL.

No, I'm good, I'll pass on that. I like that I can move around and enjoy each unique area. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

I'm already thinking about the rooftop pool. That would be very nice to have. It can be made so that it would blend well with the Newbrooke theme.

I actually had rooftop pool when I had old Linden home. I kept it only for few days because it was not allowed to build such extensions on the houses there.

2018-10-15_pool-view-to-south.thumb.jpg.53c69fb708e47620397ef8576478e5db.jpg

The black tar roofs will be covered fast, helicopter pads (shudder) pools and verandas. It is one of the easiest ways for the home fixer. Nice, flat surface that only need a railing. If LL don't give us a veranda, then we make do with a roof. I like the combination you have there. Does anyone of you remember how high an add-on can be? The top has to be 15 m from the ground?

• Like 3

• Moles

*Privacy walls or fences should match the theme and extend no more than 4m above ground level. All other structures should not extend higher than 15m above ground level or sea level, whichever is higher.

-The Linden Homes Covenant (Revised 04 May 2021)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There is truly no need (nor desire) for wide, asphalt streets. Take all the roads out, put in soft landscaping of grasses (low native grasses) and taller ornamental grasses (pampas, blue oat grass, bamboo), and put in narrower walking/biking paths. Create a more organic, open space/green space feel to the landscape, something more inviting for a stroll around the neighborhood than hardscaped, ugly asphalt roads.

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

• I'm struggling to come up with a technical reason for why the 512sqm models couldn't be included in the options for the 1024sqm parcels.  Why does one have to live with the smaller parcel and LI allowance to have one of the smaller homes?   

They needed another 512 option to coax people out of their Meadowbrooks; not everyone wants or is able to use up the whole of their free tier on a Linden home.

I mean, this whole theme is purely to lure the last few hangers-on out of their Meadowbrooks, right? It doesn't sound like anyone's signing up for extra premiums to play GoH with these, and that's fine. This one is for the casual users. The last of the Meadowbrookers, by and large, aren't interested in kitchen placement; they just want a nice big space for a sex bed, a couch and a bunch of rugs. That is what they're being given.

So yeah, I'll grab one for the content pack, take on the challenge of furnishing it (maybe industrial, maybe the 70s vibe I had going last time I was in a Meadowbrook), snap a few photos and chuck it back. Would be cool if they got some Asian designers on board for the Shareta Osumai replacements...

4 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

They needed another 512 option to coax people out of their Meadowbrooks; not everyone wants or is able to use up the whole of their free tier on a Linden home.

I mean, this whole theme is purely to lure the last few hangers-on out of their Meadowbrooks, right? It doesn't sound like anyone's signing up for extra premiums to play GoH with these, and that's fine. This one is for the casual users. The last of the Meadowbrookers, by and large, aren't interested in kitchen placement; they just want a nice big space for a sex bed, a couch and a bunch of rugs. That is what they're being given.

So yeah, I'll grab one for the content pack, take on the challenge of furnishing it (maybe industrial, maybe the 70s vibe I had going last time I was in a Meadowbrook), snap a few photos and chuck it back. Would be cool if they got some Asian designers on board for the Shareta Osumai replacements...

I understand the need for more 512 options, and am glad to see those. 

What I don't understand is why the models of homes that are used on the 512 parcels aren't also available for the 1024 parcels. Unless this was strictly something they decided to do for the demo, there are four home models available for the 1024 parcels, and a different four available for the 512 parcels.  Obviously the 1024 models may not fit on the 512 parcels, but the opposite shouldn't be true.   

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, AuroraDammerung said:

There is truly no need (nor desire) for wide, asphalt streets. Take all the roads out, put in soft landscaping of grasses (low native grasses) and taller ornamental grasses (pampas, blue oat grass, bamboo), and put in narrower walking/biking paths. Create a more organic, open space/green space feel to the landscape, something more inviting for a stroll around the neighborhood than hardscaped, ugly asphalt roads.

People who like to drive cars all over Bellisseria might disagree with you.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

*Privacy walls or fences should match the theme and extend no more than 4m above ground level. All other structures should not extend higher than 15m above ground level or sea level, whichever is higher.

-The Linden Homes Covenant (Revised 04 May 2021)

So are the houses taller than 15m above ground? Does this mean no rooftop decorating?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.