New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I like the new theme, it's very different from the others and I think that's a good thing.

The pools are delightful, and it would have been a nightmare to give every house their own pool.

Big streets are nice, I might be able to swerve from hitting on-coming traffic. No promises though.

It's fabulous that there's 8 different homes and two different plot sizes, people won't have to give up their 512m of mainland should they want this. 

I personally really like the smaller ones though and wish they were on a 1024li parcel so I can decorate up the wazoo... however they're very modern after all and usually sparse décor works with that.

Don't really mind the sparse landscaping... it kinda goes with a minimalist look and... might help keep the lag down.

However, it's important to keep in mind that it's a demo, and the end product can change. Someone said somewhere (lol, I know what that sounds like, gotta love rumors) that there's a post/comment by a Linden or a Mole that it's an actual complete copy of the theme and will be used... but it's still a demo ya'll. They could easily consider some input from everyone's reactions to the reveal and adjust accordingly... (Unless they're got a massive area built).

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I understand the need for more 512 options, and am glad to see those. 

What I don't understand is why the models of homes that are used on the 512 parcels aren't also available for the 1024 parcels. Unless this was strictly something they decided to do for the demo, there are four home models available for the 1024 parcels, and a different four available for the 512 parcels.  Obviously the 1024 models may not fit on the 512 parcels, but the opposite shouldn't be true.   

Yes! I would have liked the smaller homes on a 1024li plot, because... I like decorating but I also like small homes.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

And where is the accompanying hullabaloo? On that note, where was @Patch Linden, who is normally so much more present and peskier and upbeat? Remember all the "Soon" comments and teasers? I think we had one or two. Compare this reveal to the past reveals? The Vics, the Stilts, all of them were Events. This was not, and to me reflects a different culture: perhaps corporate cutbacks from the top.

I hope I'm wrong, but something fishy may be going on.

I was there a few hours after the region opened. Patch was there, along with about eight Moles. I guess you missed them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jolly Nova said:

I like the new theme, it's very different from the others and I think that's a good thing.

The pools are delightful, and it would have been a nightmare to give every house their own pool.

Big streets are nice, I might be able to swerve from hitting on-coming traffic. No promises though.

It's fabulous that there's 8 different homes and two different plot sizes, people won't have to give up their 512m of mainland should they want this. 

I personally really like the smaller ones though and wish they were on a 1024li parcel so I can decorate up the wazoo... however they're very modern after all and usually sparse décor works with that.

Don't really mind the sparse landscaping... it kinda goes with a minimalist look and... might help keep the lag down.

However, it's important to keep in mind that it's a demo, and the end product can change. Someone said somewhere (lol, I know what that sounds like, gotta love rumors) that there's a post/comment by a Linden or a Mole that it's an actual complete copy of the theme and will be used... but it's still a demo ya'll. They could easily consider some input from everyone's reactions to the reveal and adjust accordingly... (Unless they're got a massive area built).

18 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

The houses themselves are still in progress, but the rest of what you see is a copy of an actual complete and finished region.

There is always space between parcels. Bellisseria parcels are never adjoining one another. They aren't always obvious, but if you turn on Show Parcel Lines you will see them. 

Well, I am feeling cautiously positive about these. I love the houses themselves (except for the traditional style staircases; @Abnor Mole please tell me that "work in progress" means those staircases are going to get modernised before release? Steel and glass is what they need, not painted wood.)

I like the landscaping (what little is present), I just wish there would be more landscaping and fewer houses. 

I do agree with some others that being so large they will be difficult to decorate within the prim limit. But I'm definitely willing to give them a try.

• Like 8

I walked the whole region this morning, went into every house, and the more I walked around the more I liked what I was seeing.  The landscaping is not like any of the former releases and that is as it should be.  I found it to be very calming.  The community areas caught my eye in a good way.  Very zen-like to me.  I loved the firepits with furniture around, the peace lilies and irises used.  The trees, I love the trees.  I love the rock.  It's no secret I love/loved the Meadowbrooke.  It was my first Linden Home, and I have been patiently waiting for this release.  The Bradbury is my favorite from what I have seen.  I will reserve judgement on the textures for the outside until the homes are released, and I hope that consideration will be given to the interior woodwork...It needs to be more industrial.  I love the windows, the patios, and verandas.  I will give up my Victorian that still remains empty for a shot at a sweet parcel with a Newbrooke.  I will more than likely dust off a couple of alts as well to sweeten the odds.  I'll keep my log and stilt homes.  You will have to pry those from my hands.  All in all, I am very excited about this release.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

We have heard your feedback and we have decided to shut down the reveal region for an update.  It seems that this may not have been representative of our best foot forward approach we have taken with the homes over the past.  So I am here to make sure that everyone knows that we have not changed course, lessened our quality, mindfulness or retracted any of the heart and soul we put in to making these homes, themes and community building areas.  

Proof of the fact that I feel less present is actually due to how busy we are with continuing to do more, which is taking more and more of my time.  I am still present, we all do still participate in everything we can in world within Bellisseria, and we are always trying to find new ways to engage on everything we can, including some great Resident run efforts and projects that I know many are involved in.  

That said, the reveal region will be back Really Soon™ after we've put some touches on it to make sure our imagination is still reflected in our work. 

Thank you everyone from the team and I for being involved!  ❤️

A re-release!  Now I am excited all over again. I can't wait to see more options represented.

• Like 8

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Less homes per region would be a huge improvement, I think the other one that is most important that people have talked about would be the interior matching the exterior in theme.

These regions will run within our averages of 22-32 homes per region just like the rest.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

What a wasted opportunity, it could have been a door right there and a veranda. It is only the small plots who have houses with verandas. I will guess that the flat roofs will be used as verandas anyway, and people just pretend it is doors, and they cam out and sit in a chair to get out.

Sorry for the laptop graphic.

newhouse_001.png

That is a great great idea Marianne. And I think it wouldn't be too difficult to add a sliding door

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Less homes per region would be a huge improvement, I think the other one that is most important that people have talked about would be the interior matching the exterior in theme.

I had this initial thought when I first saw the new theme, but some of the houses are so BIG on their parcels that they are right to the edge taking up most of the ground area making it seem closer to the neighbor house.  Some choices will not need much outdoor landscaping because there won't be room for more than ivy growing on the side of the house

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Elena Core said:

That is a great great idea Marianne. And I think it wouldn't be too difficult to add a sliding door

Our architectural study on container homes, generally revealed that roofs, porches and overhangs were not structural.  We did not see those sorts of features on the many represented examples we used for design guidance.  Being that is a bit of a blank slate, I have no doubt that someone in the community will come up with interesting ways to use that roof as a deck.  😉

• Like 14

Just now, Patch Linden said:

Our architectural study on container homes, generally revealed that roofs, porches and overhangs were not structural.  We did not see those sorts of features on the many represented examples we used for design guidance.  Being that is a bit of a blank slate, I have no doubt that someone in the community will come up with interesting ways to use that roof as a deck.  😉

Thanks for the info Patch!! Yes, I'm sure someone will create an amazing deck or veranda :) But if that window could be opened somehow, it would be most helpful (since Christmas is around the corner, maybe we can ask Santa for it ;) )

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

From the Inspiration Department.... here are examples some magnificent RL mid-century homes in the San Francisco Bay Area https://www.dwell.com/article/best-eichler-homes-for-sale-2019-de1b7d97 

These are Eichlers of course. I am thinking that some add on creators will provide some low-slope roof add-ons so Newbrookes can be Eichlerized.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

But we can't do it.

It would be surprising and nice if it is a door there when the region is up again, but if there really, really really will be a change, it should be the interior first and foremost. New staircases and no thick trim.

Maybe not. I can guess that they work hard to texture manually with the other exterior materials, so it is not the "black and white" city when we see it again.

I don't mind that @Patch Lindendo not have "hullaboo". I don't miss it, and it's not possible to please all. If you were doing lots of teasing, some would grumble that you should do more important stuff. Keep up what you do, you know what you have time to!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

I don't think they look all that much like Trompe houses, which have far better textures and more interesting designs. If only they'd hired Cory Edo to assist with these designs.

Must be me then as Bradbury and i think Ender instantly reminded me of these

4 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Just as a comparison, here are some Trompe Loeil homes...

ninah%20cottage%20PG%20L400.jpg?15891395hensley%20modern%20cottage%20PG%20L650.j

and Coniston from the back deck 

Trompe Loeil - Emerson Cottage [mesh]

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

But we can't do it.

Right, it has to come from the Moles. I've asked 'Santa' for it, maybe it will be included as a Christmas gift :) 

I'm not into this new theme, but I think your idea was brilliant, and the house is actually asking for it

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 3

Denver - 512 - 1 story

Ender - 512 -   2 story

Faraday - 512 - 1 story

Gatewood - 512 - 2 story

Will these homes be able to be placed out onto the 1024 lots? Or are these only going to be able to be on the 512 smaller lots with less LI? I will be very disappointed if we can only have the 4 other homes for the 1024 lots. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.