New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

36 minutes ago, Chloe Bunny said:

I am thinking some of this retro styled and bright / jewel toned stuff would look really good in the new homes or Art Deco 20s in black and gold - some people here really know how to do this sort of look well and some stores on the MP have pretty much all you would need...

{what next} Loungin Rug.jpg

zz1.jpg

Architect._Rum_Diary_Brown.jpg

Tennyson.jpg

Dutchie mid-century modern media console records color changeable vintage record player.jpg

That sofa I want in my real life! I imagine fluffy colourful rugs, bean bags, all-year round warmth, poster pictures (crikey Donny Osmond may even make another appearance in my life :) ).  I really love these houses, and I think there'll be a great community there. Far from looking and feeling like prison cells as someone said earlier, I think they are bright and airy and sociable spaces with lots of scope for our imaginations.

• Like 4

Has anyone noticed the house Names follow a theme? They are all based on Science Fiction.

The Aldridge and Bradbury are my favs, and it looks like some of the textures, like the brick and siding have been colored quickly I'm pretty sure the baked textures will be more subtle and natural when these are finished.

Edited by Trinity Aironaut
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, MaiBeso said:

Wohoo. Retros! 

I will go and wait again the next modern style homes, maybe someday they will make it and lets all retro lovers enjoy this time.

Have to say the retro style and roof gardens fits way better in these styles than the modern anyways. 🥺

We are soon at the end of options. A new modern one is nor certain. If anyone of you know how many styles LL has decided on, correct me if I am wrong.

I mean to have read that it will be 12 styles in all, and this one is no. 10.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I love the option of bold colors and the black brick.  Boring beige/gray is still available for those who don't want any  color.  Both the chalets and the fantasy homes have exterior colors that barely change between the options.  I'm glad the neighborhood won't just be beige/gray tones like the last 2 themes.  

If I were to choose a neutral, and my neighbours went for shrieky pink (trademark) then I'm not sure what the benefit to me would be, of choosing the neutral? Unless I went derender mad to the point of extinguishing the whole street?

I actually liked the multi-colours in the traditionals, and I totally agree that many of the exterior colour schemes of previous builds have been a bit lacking, particularly the cabins.

It's a weird thing not knowing what these were meant to look like, I read them as minimal  'modern homes' during my first visit. If they are really meant to be container homes then some more fitting exterior textures would tell that story in a more satisfying way.

In the end they will be Linden homes, with a name that probably doesn't really describe the style to anyone whose name does not begin with P.

On 12/7/2021 at 7:41 PM, Nando Yip said:

I spent a lot of time there thinking about how to cover the sides of the stairs... to eliminate those painted wooden railings, which for me don't cover with the rest of the architectural design of the house... it would be a dream not to have that. And I've been waiting for this kind of house since Bellisseria came out.

A staircase can be a deal breaker for me. I don't like spiral staircases at all, or the ones with the open tread. Maybe I am at the age of needing a stairlift seat! ... /me goes to look at Marketplace! 

• Haha 4

Bradbury has the curb appeal. I would cover a window in one of the side rooms for a bathroom. It can be done totally invisible from the outside, I am sure we get the textures. And I always make wall shells for tiles in bathrooms, so it will be just as easy covered. That gives me one lang wall to place stuff against, and for the other windows, that's what blinds are for. Plenty room for a free standing tub, and a bit of wall space next to the door. This house cover almost all the land, so it is not for those who will use a lot of garden plants. If I pick it, I will have stone and gravel around. Some vines and boxwood.

But I like the cube house Aldridge too, the downside is that the interior is so traditional with that staircase just inside the front door, and so many small rooms with oldfashioned doors. A big selling point for me, is that the living room has lots of large windows that meet in a corner. And there are two rooms upstairs that also has corner windows. Corner windows is maybe reason enough for me to choose it, despite that the rest of the interior is so traditional. Aldridge comes with good free space for a garden, but to find enough Li for plants will be a challenge. Maybe I will not decorate 1 or 2 rooms so the Li can be used on the outside. Lord knows it is more than enough rooms in this house. It is a family house.

The Coniston is easy to forget since it is only two houses in the region, and they are tucked away. But it will be easy to decorate and live in. It has also a smaller footprint than Bradbury, so it is room for a bit gardening. Bachelor house? It is nothing bad to say about it, and it has a nice wall with large doors/windows and also a bedroom with doors out to the garden.

The Heaton has also curb appeal, but the large windows face a wall and it is more like a gallery/corridor. Maybe it is good for those who think Bradbury's living room has too many windows. The living room in Heaton could have more large windows. I think it is the only one of these houses that has small windows. (I did not look at the 512 houses) Good for those who want wall space. The second floor is traditional, same as Aldridge. But even more traditional than Adridge, because no corner windows. So I think Heaton is not the house for me.

It stands between Bradbury and Aldridge now. My guess is that Bradbury will be the most popular of all houses. It is also the only house that has furniture in the demo region.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

LH - Newbrooke_001.png

Before ^ (photo by @Jolly Nova, 7th December 2021)

After v (9th December 2021) Found it!!

743496109_LH9Dec2021.png.5d6e2bad46baaee24fb3bc225c36df1a.png

Additions

More trees, more walls, more colour variations, photo displays and a landing zone area. But the structure of the houses are unchanged, except for one....

Improvements

A gaping two to three metre long horizontal hole or crack in the exterior wall of all the two storey Heaton homes has magically vanished since I reported it to the Moles on the initial reveal day with this photographic evidence.

1294207243_Heatonhousegap.thumb.jpg.cb2883fca1b3ee7e5b55468e4e7c7fe1.jpg

No acknowledgement or thanks for spotting and reporting this flaw has been given to me (yet) by the Moles or Lindens. Ahem... cough, cough... 😜

Windows

The windows are still all the full length floor to ceiling kind. No change and no sinks directly behind kitchen or bathroom windows....

Chimneys

None. But Santa uses Amazon, apparently... 😜

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Love the way they updated the preview and as a result I took more photos, and updated all my info about each home. You can find it all right here: My Flickr

I was happy and surprised by the decorated house, I've never seen them do that before! I'm enjoying the fluffed up landscaping and the color choices that are now displayed and I'm glad that the Lindens and Moles took the time to color the homes and plant more trees and flowers. :)

Was thrilled with the theme already, the update just makes it that much better.

Aerial View EDIT.png

Bradbury EDIT.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

On 12/8/2021 at 4:03 AM, Marianne Little said:

They have done it before? I am 99% sure that the Stilt demo region was opened again.

If my memory is right, (sometimes it's wrong, ha!) They did it for Stilts, Chalets, and Fantasy right before they released them into the world.

Actually, those Aldridge houses have a land impact of 240 LI each. I've listed all the homes LI and parcel areas:

Heaton: 241 LI  (2 storey, 1024m2)

Aldridge: 240 LI  (2 storey, 1024m2)

Coniston: 205 LI  (single storey, 1024m2)

Bradbury: 204 LI  (single storey, 1024m2)

Faraday: 154 LI  (single storey, 512m2)

Gatewood: 152 LI  (2 storey, 512m2)

Ender: 142 LI  (2 storey, 512m2)

Denver: 134 LI  (single storey, 512m2)

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Jolly Nova said:

Love the way they updated the preview and as a result I took more photos, and updated all my info about each home. You can find it all right here: My Flickr

I was happy and surprised by the decorated house, I've never seen them do that before! I'm enjoying the fluffed up landscaping and the color choices that are now displayed and I'm glad that the Lindens and Moles took the time to color the homes and plant more trees and flowers. :)

Was thrilled with the theme already, the update just makes it that much better.

Aerial View EDIT.png

Bradbury EDIT.png

Thank you I did not see the decorated home I will look now!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

Optimizing removes Geometry and you can only remove so much before it starts effecting LOD & LL builds for the lowest common denominator of computer, not everyone has a great video card or can put LOD  up to 4 in preferences and really, no one should leave their LOD setting up to 4 anyway, it is hard on video cards. It takes geometry for an object to hold it's shape at distance

If youre going to be living in a house, why does anyone need a LOD of 4? How far away do you plan on camming while sitting in your livingroom?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

If youre going to be living in a house, why does anyone need a LOD of 4? How far away do you plan on camming while sitting in your livingroom?

I guess it isn't what you are looking at, more that others will be viewing your house from the street, or from their own plot.
This is the problem with some addons, that they don't have enough stability to support the street scene, and you end up looking at messy triangles on neighbouring plots.

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Like 6

Alright I'm going to weigh in on these and give my honest critique since I know I was brutally honest with the first reveal of these. 

I want to begin by thanking Patch and the Moles for very quickly responding to our first set of critiques it show that they do pay attention to what we say and that is to be commended.  Just for responding quickly to customer reaction and giving the reveal a 2nd go I want to give them a thumbs up for that... 👍

On the positive side I see some choices in colors for the them on the exterior.  It may have not been my choice in palette for those colors but hey, at least it is a choice.  So I'm going to give them a gentle thumbs up for that... 👍

While the reveal region itself reflects a very basic flat and boring terraform the team did provide us with some photos of other regions in the theme which do seem to reflect that there will be features like bridges, some hills, and even some bodies of water that are at least big enough that they put bridges over.  So perhaps there will be some larger ponds the size equivalent of some of the earlier ponds in the Victorians?  So one of my strongest critiques was a lack of any interesting topography and it seems they went out of their way with these photos to show that there indeed will be some interesting topography on at least some of the regions.  I do hope those photos reflect the norm of what a region terraform will reflect and that the reveal region topography just happens to be one of a few less than interesting layouts.  So I'm also giving them a thumbs up on this too... 👍

My single most strong critique that I gave to the 1st reveal was that 30 homes on a region is WAY too many homes per region.  Patch Linden did directly respond to this critique and said that "these regions will run within our averages of 22-32 homes per region just like the rest."  I really had to sit with this response for a couple days before breaking it open a bit.  If we are strictly talking averages of Linden Homes in Bellisseria than I'm not sure how the upper end of 20's and certainly not 30's gets included as an "average" number.  I am hard pressed to find a single Bellisseria region higher than 27 homes.  I did some extensive counting and the highest i could find was a houseboat region that had 27 homes tightly packed together.  Even the campers as far as I can tell don't seem to go over 25 or 26.  Stilts which feel crammed are sitting around 23 on average.  Fantasy which are also pretty tight are again around 22 or 23.  Logs and Traditionals feel very generous in space and often dip under that low number of average of 22.  So when I hear numbers of low 30's included within an "average" amount I'm a bit puzzled and leaves me wondering if that is an average will this new theme actually have a region or two that dares to go over 32.  That would be unpleasant.  My optimistic hope is that the reveal region is on the higher side of the actual average and that a more normal average is closer to that 25 number (or less) that truly reflects the practical averages that I can find in Bellisseria.  With that said I did not count homes in the old 2010 themes... perhaps those had higher averages and Patch is including those in his overall average range?  So while I am cautiously optimistic that this region was on the higher side of homes that we will see in Newbrooke and does not reflect the true average, I am going to stay neutral on this until I see the actual rollout of homes.  So NO THUMBS at all for this one.... for now!

Here is an observation that perhaps reflects some of the cosmetic critiques others have pointed out.  I still have to give this new theme a poor rating on the interior space.  I think a couple of residents pointed out a few ways we can MacGyver fix the interiors on our own to feel more modern such as shells, concrete casings around the wood staircases etc... So i have no doubt that just in other themes Bellisserians will get very creative in add-ons to fix some of the issues.  But this just feels like a lost opportunity on the Linden's part to create a modern minimalistic interior that would have matched the spirit of the exterior.  And for this reason I need to give the Newbrooke theme a thumbs down on this area... 👎

Ok one LAST critique to give this a light hearted ending.... PATCH!!! What were you guys thinking putting POOLS flat with the road with the road having to divert around the pool?  I predict a lot of this in our future...

1298772721_carinpool.thumb.jpg.205b0585c801f450a374a025283f1909.jpg

On second thought though... There will be many funny tales of this people will tell their Grandavies someday so leave the pools... Don't touch them... don't give invisible barrier fixes to them... Let the Volkswagen diving competitions commence... THUMBS UP on pool placement!!!  🤣🤣🤣   👍👍👍

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 6
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

Has anyone noticed the house Names follow a theme? They are all based on Science Fiction.

... Aldridge and Bradbury ...

Yes, this is what "Modern" means.  During the "Modern" period science fiction really took off.  These are "Modern" homes, not "contemporary" homes.

Modern is not contemporary -- it has a real specific placement in time and architecture of the recent past.  These Linden homes did a GREAT job representing a part of that architectural movement, in my opinion.

They give to imagining the future without necessarily being futuristic.  They are the homes of the people who imagined the Jetsons without, themselves, being the Jetsons.

Ray Bradbury being my favourite favourite favourite, I am really looking forward to having that house.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chris Nova said:

This is what the houses should have been. We got retro jail cell homes instead. 

FB_IMG_1639052160449.jpg

come on, you must be kidding! this is a luxurious home, linden homes are average starter homes with only 1024 sqm, if you want this kind of homes check this store they will make your dream come true:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/63972?search[category_id]=34&search[maturity][]=General&search[maturity][]=Moderate&search[maturity][]=Adult&search[page]=1&search[per_page]=96&search[sort]=created_at_desc&search[store_id]=63972

4.jpg.05db2864911dd18f223cc175a4ed44ec.jpg

i'm not thrilled with the new "updated" modern theme, but what you're asking for is too much. 🙃

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.