New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is it really not open yet?

Was the critic really so massive compared to when other themes was released? I saw someone very disappointed with all of it, and some disappointed with bits, like traditional stairs and trim.

But it isn't that bad compared to Chalets? Even the Victorian houses had some scalding complaints. And now LL takes the whole region offline while they put in sofas and other stuff? I hope it is not working adult beds, what if someone decides to try them. 😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I like what I see so far with Newbrooke and I think there are many possibilities in decorating these homes. However, what has disappointed me is the two lot sizes. I prefer smaller houses and to select one of them I would feel cheated with the lower prim count compared to my neighbor with their bigger lot. I had a camper once and gave it up because I never had enough prims to work with and the lot was to small. So, I feel the small lot size is a deal breaker for me and I'll stay in my cute Alderley Traditional house with the higher prim count and bigger lot.

• Like 2

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Is it really not open yet?

Was the critic really so massive compared to when other themes was released? I saw someone very disappointed with all of it, and some disappointed with bits, like traditional stairs and trim.

But it isn't that bad compared to Chalets? Even the Victorian houses had some scalding complaints. And now LL takes the whole region offline while they put in sofas and other stuff? I hope it is not working adult beds, what if someone decides to try them. 😇

I can assure you it really is not open yet, I will bring it back when the team and I are ready.  There are many channels we may receive feedback, this forum is only 1 of many.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, evan4 said:

I like what I see so far with Newbrooke and I think there are many possibilities in decorating these homes. However, what has disappointed me is the two lot sizes. I prefer smaller houses and to select one of them I would feel cheated with the lower prim count compared to my neighbor with their bigger lot. I had a camper once and gave it up because I never had enough prims to work with and the lot was to small. So, I feel the small lot size is a deal breaker for me and I'll stay in my cute Alderley Traditional house with the higher prim count and bigger lot.

The houses do not count against the land impact of the parcel they are sitting on.  You either select a 512sqm parcel or a 1024sqm parcel, and the houses fit to each parcel will be sized appropriately. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

What does creating Newbrooke have to do with what happens to the four legacy Linden Home region groupings?  Why exactly do they need to decide what happens to those regions before creating new Bellisseria content?  SOME people have moved out of Meadowbrooke and the other old homes, but they are surprisingly still very populated.  Some is by choice.  Some is due to not being aware that Bellisseria exists.  Some is due to apathy.  This is not news to you, as you have made these very points in other threads. 

It may have been the original plan for Bellisseria to be a replacement for the old Linden Homes regions, but as I have previously pointed out, sometimes plans change.  It may still happen, but it's clearly not happening anytime soon. 

There is high demand for Linden Homes in Bellisseria, so it makes sense for LL to focus on that.  There is also still at least some demand for the old Linden Homes, which makes it easy to defer any decisions on what to do with them to a later date.  Once we stop seeing legacy homes as an available option on the land page, then we can assume they will be phased out or repurposed.  

The point is obvious: a number of people in this thread, even, have indicated they still keep their Meadowbrooke and compare this "Newbrooke" to the old one. So as long as they still have that choice and that comparison, the new version will indeed suffer by comparison. It's funny that you feel you can speak for the Lindens on this matter -- and so definitively.

But now we have the most definitive statement from Patch ever made on this issue -- there's no re-winding an old YouTube and trying to interpret the context, there's no trying to recall what was said here or there, it is stated plainly, and in writing. Even so, some variables are indicated -- my notion of what the historical places are (the dinosaur bones) may not track with Patch's, etc.

On 12/7/2021 at 9:38 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Funny how much better they look just by adding a proper roof....

1205140442_LHMod.png.f1167e1277d5db6cd0bc2592bc049bdd.png

And a chimney...

1286972916_LHMod2.png.57c6bf9158574039a810d4355e2a8563.png

To me, the pitched roof does not help in any way, but instead makes it look a bit odd.  Maybe it is just this particular view angle.

Chimney would look nice though.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Maitimo said:

That's kinda... not really possible, because until the reveal has happened there's nothing for anyone to give feedback on.

Unless you want Patch to select a secret group of "FIC" reviewers who get to see the homes before anyone else does? I certainly don't want that.

Yet there are those who wish they had such private focus groups and feel they should be in them for "all that they do for the community." And it's consistent with the Lindens' history; there was a time when they brought select customers all-expense paid to San Francisco for high-powered NDA'd discussions of future product plans.

I think the house mesh work and landscaping is premium quality. Speaking from mesh home building experience, just 1 house I built in blender went through over 40 tests before I thought it was ready. The most difficult part for me was predicting and factoring in flexability. Sadly I had a nervious breakdown and destroyed all my work once upon a time. I'm better now, anyways could be worse. 

• Like 1

When I move to a new-to-me home in Belli, I usually have to go through area search and ban certain types of assets (breedables, high land impact stuff, etc.) just to get a good FPS rate, smooth movements, and textures in my home showing up well

I'm wondering what kind of lag impact residents will see with the higher number of homes in a region.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

When I move to a new-to-me home in Belli, I usually have to go through area search and ban certain types of assets (breedables, high land impact stuff, etc.) just to get a good FPS rate, smooth movements, and textures in my home showing up well

I'm wondering what kind of lag impact residents will see with the higher number of homes in a region.

Patch has commented that the total homes per region will be similar to existing themes rather than more home because of the 512 plots.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

These regions will run within our averages of 22-32 homes per region just like the rest.

18 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

I still think the large size of the houses on the parcels, the sparce community landscaping, and having some smaller parcel sizes mixed in just makes it seem tighter.  If the average number of homes is similar to other areas, then I would think any lag issues would be the same.  Some people are more responsible and considerate with their decorating choices than others.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Yet there are those who wish they had such private focus groups and feel they should be in them for "all that they do for the community." And it's consistent with the Lindens' history; there was a time when they brought select customers all-expense paid to San Francisco for high-powered NDA'd discussions of future product plans.

Wow

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I still think the large size of the houses on the parcels, the sparce community landscaping, and having some smaller parcel sizes mixed in just makes it seem tighter.

Don't underestimate the role of fences in making the parcels seem crowded.  Of course other themes have fences, but to me it looks like Newbrooke's parcels are more enclosed by them than in other themes.  Which is completely consistent with the style of this theme.  Personally, I tend to keep parcels that open onto adjacent protected land; gives a more spacious FEEL, without the parcel itself being bigger.

1 hour ago, Prokofy Neva said:

And it's consistent with the Lindens' history; there was a time when they brought select customers all-expense paid to San Francisco for high-powered NDA'd discussions of future product plans.

All companies pay expenses if travel for a focus group is required. All focus groups are NDA'd, because one is always discussing future products.  Generally focus groups are more "do you like this, or that?" than "high-powered discussions".  Unless you have private knowledge that strategic discussions took place, I wouldn't assume they did.

I think it would be risky to take input from a focus group in choosing LHs; the sample size is too small, and choosing representative residents would be almost impossible.  One could envision a more transparent process, something like opening up a region with a whole set of styles and throwing a 'popularity contest' via voting.  But you wouldn't want to publish the results.  The most popular styles might turn out to not be suited for massive deployment, for example.  And having people vote might self-select for a slightly non-representative sample of people who follow LL more closely than your average resident.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I would have loved that. I used to live in SF, and I miss it at times.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

The old homes will be phased out and/or repurposed.  I've never hidden this fact, what I don't know yet is timing.  There is a balance I have to strike on available new Linden Homes vs the old and having enough supply to meet the demand of shutting down the old homes (also, blend of available themes to choose from).  I have also contemplated keeping some of the old because it tickles my historian bones, some of the various community center or landmark places with the old homes will be preserved.  Largely though, those regions will be shut down when the time is optimal. 

That could be super neat. Add that in with the Mole Cave that showed a timeline of SL. Put in one of each of the old premium homes with a few decoration bits from their "time" and have a sort of museum region folks could explore.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.