New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I think basically they are reusing base parts across the themes - probably helps them create faster and so get the themes out quicker:)

But the Traditionals have much more plain trim. The trim in the interior images look like Victorian style. They could reuse the Traditional trim. Or even better, no trim at all! :)I don't know how much time it takes to make a sharp, flat modern door.

I know I am going to get a house. I am mostly happy with them, and making us all 100% happy is not possible. ;)

• Like 3

They are almost how I saw in the photo I posted on the other thread - I heard "condo" so I went looking for photos of detached homes that looked a bit like the condo style because I knew they could not be small apartments. It is also flat and with small pools. Result! 

And 512? If that is so, hooray!

I don't want a modern home myself but thanks for the work you have done with the theme Lindens & Moles 

8 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I've just been to see them and I actually like them better than I did from just the pics. The types are: 

Aldridge - 1024 - 2 storey

Bradbury - 1024 - 1 storey

Coniston - 1024 - 1 storey

Denver - 512 - 1 storey

Ender - 512 -   2 storey

Faraday - 512 - 1 storey

Gatewood - 512 - 2 storey

Heaton - 1024 - 2 storey

The 1024 size ones are HUGE - at least as big as the Fantasy houses if not bigger. The 512 ones are big for the parcels too; bigger than Trads, maybe the same size as the Stilts, with very little garden. I feel like it will be very difficult to furnish any of these houses well, given the prim limit.  I like the smaller ones best (especially Ender and Gatewood). 

Yes, I was thinking that I would have to pull down the blinds for one or two rooms and place a false wall over the door.

Or maybe pick black walls in a room, block the windows and have a huge tv with some beanbags in front. 😃 That will not use much Li.

Another option for the huge 2 storey houses, place a prim and block the stairs and use only the first floor, if one likes the layout for the first floor.

It is better to have too much space, instead of wasting Li on add-ons, in my opinion. ;)

The small houses are really cute, and they got the verandas too. I guess there will be some flat roofs used as verandas in the 1024 houses.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fay Starlight said:

I do agree with this—will have to hire a tiler to redo the floors when I get one!

Maybe in the future the home controller will allow custom textures on floors, ceilings, exterior trim maybe interior trim style. That's the beauty of this new system they can update in the future. 

I noticed the homes did not have the home controllers installed yet otherwise we probably would have had a better idea of color options. I would rather see them as they were vs waiting until the final product was ready to reveal. 

To me, these look better on the reveal than they do in the screen captures. I like the minimalist look of the region decor.
Having a mix of plot sizes seems to help with creating variety in the layout.
The interiors feel somewhat at odds with the exterior, but they are fairy neutral, so could probably be changed to suit.
I really like the boundary treatments, fences and walls.
I could see myself getting one of these, when things get  quieter.

• Like 2

I really really like these! 
Those flowers used on Victorian landscaping fits very well in here too, I wish to see them more and as well hedge bushes :)
Fences are so nice! 

My wishes is more flowers (Hydrangeas), more lake/ponds around homes and hope so all regions aren't flat and there is some hills. That's it. I like how open it feels and it is not full of trees ATM, but little work on landscaping.

It is my taste totally, I like modern and clean look. 🥰

6169422573ab79bb98569afbdcf0c39f.jpg

• Like 12

[[[[[Various thoughts on the new homes]]]]]

Chalet:  I'm even fuglier than a Traditional!

Newbrooke:  Hold my beer...

==================================

Too suburban.  Too Upper Middle Class.  Too White.

While not my taste, I'm happy for those who've been waiting a long time for this style.

I'd rather see Chicago-style bungalows:

Rogers_Park_Manor_Bungalow_Historic_Ditrict_1.thumb.JPG.4f010abcd818d44bea6a1097fb8ecda3.JPG

Or New York-style Brownstones:

bigstock-Brownstone-apartment-building-89693042.jpg.663a830a3c53307523e87d46f33adb72.jpg

UCCI3QUPBLLXK4FVPXOCR66JNE.thumb.jpg.3c620e5fa6a58346393b05c0aff56ed7.jpg

• Like 5

I like modern... but I don't know what it is, but these houses feel so clunky and cold. I was hopeing for something more... airy with maybe some decorative elements in darker or lighter wood and different modern stone elements. Its difficult to put into words, but while this style is sort of modern, it feels so... not modern in terms of design?

• Like 5

The builds look very old school and bit boring.

Reminds me some neighborhoods we used to build in private rentals back in 2015, but it's definitely an upgrade for those who always stayed in... Linden Homes.

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 6

LL had to put them out before they were finished. Patch said it will be more exterior options and the usual options to tint walls.

I am hoping for red brick and sandstone. It would be wonderful in addition to the white. Also other exterior woods. I am carefully optimistic, I like this style much more than the Chalets. It has not been a demo/preview region that stunned me since the Victorians. Just my opinion.

I only hope that not all regions will be so flat, and 30 homes in a region? Ugh, they could have a little more landscaping. The camper regions has still the most stunning landscape I have seen in Bellisseria. Them and the Traditionals they built around the same time, they have original, inspired landscaping. Also the edges Moles finish, where they can not put in cloned regions.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Communal spots feel uninviting, too sparse and cold. Modern doesn't have to feel cold

I noticed a lot of the landscaping communal furniture and fencing is basically lifted from "Welcome Back Island" I do like how that region is presented overall, however a lot of the stuff there has a shockingly high Li. 

• Like 1

I like the new theme. Love the open plan and the large windows. I assume the environment will become more varied like it has with the other themes once they went live. I trust the moles to do their magic again. And different colors will definitely be nice. 

I would love to fill this with modern furniture. Definitely no clutter tho. Sadly I live by a way too lovely little lake in a Log Home and my partner loves it too. I'll never be able to convince him to swap it for this kind of place :(

I quite liked the region when I went inworld to see it but there were a few things I wasn't keen on. 1. The houses appeared to be slightly too close together in some places. 2.  I wasn't mad on the textures on the outside walls but these may be changeable like the other themes.3. Inside, it just didn't feel like a different theme, mostly because doors and stair rails are the same as in other themes. 4. There didn't seem to be the lovely little features in the landscaping that we are used to in Bellisseria. 

However, the houses are big and bright with lots of windows. I like the internal layout. The choice of 512 or 1024 parcels is new and a good idea. Personally I would be concerned about trying to furnish those with 175 Li but might be a fun challenge. It's nice to see a modern slant for those who wanted it. I'll probably get one and see how I get on decorating it.

Modern 1_rs.png

Modern 2 rs.png

Modern 3 rs.png

• Like 2

What a wasted opportunity, it could have been a door right there and a veranda. It is only the small plots who have houses with verandas. I will guess that the flat roofs will be used as verandas anyway, and people just pretend it is doors, and they cam out and sit in a chair to get out.

Sorry for the laptop graphic.

newhouse_001.png

newhouse_002.png

Edited by Marianne Little
typo
  • Like 10

45 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I am hoping for red brick and sandstone. It would be wonderful in addition to the white. Also other exterior woods. I am carefully optimistic, 

Agreed.  I'd like some of those exterior wood options available to replace the black brick and maybe some different roof texture.  I preferred some of the smaller floor plans and hope we can rez any one of the 8 models on a 1024 parcel

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Hedy Heartsong said:

Agreed.  I'd like some of those exterior wood options available to replace the black brick and maybe some different roof texture.  I preferred some of the smaller floor plans and hope we can rez any one of the 8 models on a 1024 parcel

It would be good, to have a small home on 1024, but it is not how it works, I think. :(

I can add on a new roof texture, a lighter one, on flat prims. It should be a light gravel texture for the roof. What is it supposed to be now, only tar?

• Like 3

Thank you Maitimo for posting this list!  I used it for exploring and expanding.  I have three SL daughters, two of which live with me full time and I am always looking for bedrooms options.  I thought I would share incase anyone is interested.

My most favorite house internally for rooms is also my least favorite aesthetically externally because it resembles a large cube (Aldridge)  -(°_o)/¯

• Aldridge - 1024 - 2 story (5 rooms with doors) Ice cube lol
  • Bradbury - 1024 - 1 story (2 rooms with doors / 3 potential) 
  • Coniston - 1024 - 1 story (2 rooms with doors +1 small room with a door maybe used for a bathroom / one room could easily be converted to bedroom with a door)
  • Denver - 512 - 1 story (2 rooms with doors / patio could be converted easily to a bedroom)
  • Ender - 512 -   2 story (1 room with door)
  • Faraday - 512 - 1 story (2 rooms with doors and one room that could be converted with a door)
  • Gatewood - 512 - 2 story (1 room with a door and an upstairs bedroom with balcony)
  • Heaton - 1024 - 2 story (3 rooms with doors)

Additional comments, thoughts and observations:

• Not a fan of the size of texture on the that looks to be a container, it looks stretched and very grunge in regards to the rest of the neighborhood.
  • I hope there is a black window frame option inside without changing the rest of the rest of the trims to black.
  • I hope the door color and brick colors can change on the outside
  • These remind me more of Roost homes that Trompe homes
  • I love the trees and bushes seemed to get a lot more land impact efficient than earlier releases
  • I can see a lot of roof converted decks like the balcony deck on the Gatewood House this style of roof and exterior definitely lends to expansion rather easily. (Fitting within theme of course much like what has happened with the houseboats)
  • Love the new outdoor plant containers, seating, and trash can. I hope these are available in the content packs.

With all that being said I want to post one more thought.  I kind of expected this release to be less popular just because of a pattern that I have noticed.  In the early days, each house seemed to be placed with love, each region was laid out before our eyes, the plots and roads installed and someone came along behind and placed every tree and bush specific to the landscape and it seemed more custom and unique to that region.  As time has went by, demand for homes and releases seemed to drive more quantity than quality and the need to scale at a faster rate to stay on time and on budget definitely shows.  There are still some regions that are unique and "hand made" for lack of better terms.  For example, when two themes meet in the same region or the new fantasy community center.  But if you look at the map across the different themes, you start to see this much more easier than in the early regions.  Looks like a copy paste copy paste.  The moles and lindens work hard, and I am not ungrateful.  Bellisseria has changed SL for me, in a positive way.  But I also pay a premium fee, and feel I have a right to voice my opinion.  My message to LLStrive for excellence and a great customer experience vs repeatable, scalable, efficient processes. 

Please don't loose site of where you began when you lay out this new neighborhood.   It would be nice to see some of these areas scattered through out all the regions....like you mention in the KB article...and I quote from the KB Article "Unlike the first generation of Linden Homes, which offered themed areas on separate Regions, the Bellisserian homes blend themes across the entire continent. Depending on the theme you choose to live in, your home’s parcel may be either 1024 or 512 sqm. Your house might overlook houseboats along the ocean or might be inland in a traditional suburban neighborhood. Wherever you live, you will be within range of recreational and shopping areas and will be able to travel around the continent by car or boat if you wish."....*looks around* ....*blinks*...*coughs*...How do I get to a a shopping area near me by car??!?!?  What shopping areas lol.

Edited by Butterfli Summers
typo
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

It would be good, to have a small home on 1024, but it is not how it works, I think. :(

I can add on a new roof texture, a lighter one, on flat prims. It should be a light gravel texture for the roof. What is it supposed to be now, only tar?

I think you are right about that and maybe it is tar.  Pretty stinky in the hot sun.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.