I sometimes use intentionally "ugly" avatars in Second Life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wasn't really planning to come back to this thread. Now that a couple of other people have tried reverse engineering their avs, though, I thought it might be interesting to take my av's derivative AI portrait and adjust it to my RL chronological age.  She ages well.  :)

1574268890_Rolig3-9-2021ArtBreederComposite.jpg.27cad4befa021209d74fd27e7f08bff2.jpg

Identity is such a tricky concept.  Who are our avs, really?

• Like 11

• Lindens

Hi y'all! It looks like things started to get heated in this thread for a little while, and I just wanted to drop in a reminder to please remain civil and on topic when engaging on the forums. Please take any personal disputes to PMs or drop it, as the forums are not the appropriate place to air all that out. Thanks!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 3/10/2021 at 3:05 AM, ClariceRose said:

I think that making avs "outside the box" are fun! I often do it, then I try to strike up conversations with people and love the reactions. I love learning about how people react to different things. Sometimes, I may have an atrocious look, then I will say hi to several men in IM. Most ignore me. Then about 10 minutes later, I change back to my normal self.. and THEN they start replying LOL... and what do you think I do to their replies? X out. :)

Most men are very visual and will ignore or vent about women/avs who are not up to their expectations. That is OK. However, you better look in the mirror and look just as good as what you expect a woman/av to look like. Goes both ways!

It is OK to have an opinion but don't be a hypocrite :)

Yes, I understand it is fun! And I am surely not going to ask you to stop.

But reverse gender here... just imagine a male avatar in his system shape, pulling the sliders out to the extreme. A trip to Freebie Dungeon for "that" long black free hair, the 2007 style sunglasses and shoes, system pants, bare chest and "that" dragon tattoo. Interacting with women saying "Hi" and "How are you".

I think that could even cause someone to make threads in the forum about that behavior. While men would not go openly out and tell. 

I do not think men would think it is so fun, because they are ignored anyway. It is just another day in SL for them.

After changing to his full mesh avatar, the best shape you can achieve with the sliders, skin and clothes top quality, then going back and send "Hi" and "How are you".... I believe he would get some replies, but not as many as a woman would.

Women are very visual too, but in addition to that, they demand more than a "Hi". It must be a well crafted start on a conversation... It has been threads about it on the forum before.

And many women has that feeling, all males who approach me with "Hi" want a pixel romp. It it also true in most cases, lol. But still, it hurts that man who are lonely and just want to talk.

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a word
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, KanzulR said:

This your avatar?

🙄🙄🙄Wow.

Oh no xD It's what my avatar looks like as an AI-generated human. I used the site that Rolig linked to www.artbreeder.com 

It's good fun, you can totally change your features and  'crossbreed' with other people's uploads and see what your AI children will look like :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Oh no xD It's what my avatar looks like as an AI-generated human. I used the site that Rolig linked to www.artbreeder.com 

It's good fun, you can totally change your features and  'crossbreed' with other people's uploads and see what your AI children will look like :)

Wow....

I was shocked to see the realism.

And that what skin is that???

Hehe.

Thanks for letting me know.

😊

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TT120 said:

I tried that artbreeder thing but wasn't sure what I was doing.

That's pretty cool.  Try messing with the Art slider to see what it does.  Here's what happens if I take my av's AI-image and shove the slider to one extreme or the other.

1797113508_Rolig3-10-21ArtBreederArt.jpg.69c0231d621e74fd3e667b71b524f6dd.jpg

Moving to the left makes my av look more like an everyday person (not the right word, but you know what I mean -- more 3D and smooth) and moving it to the right makes her look even more cartoony than my in-world av.  

• Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 4:48 PM, Doc Carling said:

While you and other posters are obsessed by the believe that I attack and hurt the owner of the posted graphic I actually just tell my opinion about the picture itself. How the owner of a pictures takes it, that's his/her personal matter. This is not your business anyway. You just use it to pump it up to a moralic drama.

If there were no threat of anyone taking your free speech away ... nobody would ever question your opinion or your ability to speak as you please ...

In that scenario could you EVER tell yourself ... "this post might be harmful to someone somewhere. I'll avoid it."

I get the whole free speech battle, but just stop for a second and realize that yeah ... I can say whatever I want all the god damn time ... but should I always say whatever I "want" to say?

clinking-glasses_1f942.png.c998ca74521af0ddd6420d447e23260b.png

Edited by Evah Baxton

On 3/10/2021 at 3:30 AM, Jordan Whitt said:

No you're not a vampire.  You don't sparkle!

giphy (3).gif

Let me properly react. 

😀😃😄😁😆😅🤣😂🙂🙃🤪🤗🤓😺😸😹🧛‍♂️🌄💥🥇🏅🏆🎖️🎊🎉

4 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

but this time played it dead straight.

Wait, that's a thing?

My favourite Gor-related experience thus far was when, in my early Flickr days, I checked out the profile of someone who followed me. Their portfolio was a series of snapshots taken at some Gor sim, featuring two muscle-boyos and a bunch of scantily clad ladies strewn around the lawn like confetti. In the next picture, the gentlemen had removed their clothing (what little of it there was to begin with) and whipped out their .. Those. In the next few pictures they appeared to be humping a bush whilst the women remained laying around like they had played a round of dominoes - as the dominoes. 

I was rather confused by the whole thing, buuut dendrophilia is supposedly a thing, so, I shouldn't judge ... And to be fair, 'tis not the weirdest Flickr has thrown at me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.