Where do you spend you lindens?

Alma Palmira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After many years I have developed a pattern to my redistribution of linden love. Below is a brief accounting of how it tallies from highest to lowest. What are yours?

1. Model and texture uploads. I really (REALLY) should do my testing on the beta grid. But I don’t, so... yeah lots and lots of lindens.
  2. Club tips and sim donation boxes. A fun, well-managed sim is a thing of beauty and every donation helps. Working as a DJ or hostess (or stripper?) is a job. If you are any good it takes skill and personality. One of my alts, worked as a stripper for period of time so I always try to be generous. 
  3. Clothes and avatar upgrades. I really don’t spend a lot for myself, but my other alts are closet horders. Avi updates (mesh bodies and heads, skins etc) is an investment that lasts a while, But when it comes around... they can be pricy!
  4. Furniture. I love, love love to build themed homes and then decorate them. Some things that are specific to my building I create myself, and some things I buy just because I don’t think I could create it any better. 
  5. Building pieces, scripts and gadgets.  I need a corbel? Buy it. A sit rotator? Buy it. Pine trees and landscaping? Buy it. A custom script to add functionality to something I’ve built? Buy or commission it
  • Like 1

Way too much on outfits and accessories for one and done screenshots / artworks. Basically all of my Linden are funnelled into supporting that hobby.

I suppose there is the off chance I might use them in roleplay at some point but my time budget is rather prohibitive for that. So... outfits, accessories, props.

• Thanks 1

Hairs, decor items, gachas, skins, shoes. So, all in all pretty useless purchases because I don't have clothes and furniture to go with them. Also, you only need so many skins. Yet whenever I see a pretty skin with freckles my reptile brain activates, and I'm out of a few hundred/thousand Ls. Someone stop me...

• Like 1

The greatest share is converted to USD and used to pay land fees.  After that, I buy items that I am either too impatient/lazy/untalented to make myself (mostly plants and other landscape whatnot, animations, and stuff to put on my av) or that just strike my fancy.

• Like 1

In no real particular order, actually, only bulleted because I'm being fancy, and stuff

• uploads (textures, mostly, but other stuff too)-after first using the temp. test to make sure they'll look right so I don't waste money uploading
  • animals, I love them, I own a lot, especially breedables (I do have way more than any reasonable human should including thousands upon thousands from creators/companies that no longer exist, none rezzed atm though)
  • weird things, novelties, stuff I can rip apart to figure out how they work for later re-creation, or re-purposing
  • when/if I have enough, or just need to, cash out to pay rl bills

What I don't spend money on...because I don't shop for them

• clothes
  • hair
  • skins
  • makeup
  • jewelry or other accessories
  • houses
  • ummm, probably most things others spend money on lmao 
Edited by Tari Landar
  • Like 1

Han is so right! The vast majority of my Lindens go to tier (rent) on a property we "bought." I enjoy buying houses, so have a collection of them. Not all houses are expensive, but furnishing them can be!  I used to spend a lot on clothing, but after a while it's hard to find things NOT designed to appeal to hormonal teenage boys.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

for me i'd like to pretend and say that it's assets for my sim but.......... im garbage at saving and too easily tempted by pretty pink clothes wwwwwwwwwwww

though paying my builders is also a pretty big chunk :0 but i dont feel bad about that they deserve it

• Like 1

During the first half of my SecondLife, it was all about fashion and avatar appearance but now that I have achieved the image that I can permanently be happy with I spend mostly on rent, builds, and furnishings if not professional fees for designers to rez those things on my land and decorate it for me. Every now and then I would splurge on a car or yacht. With clothing, I tend to just stick to my top brands and wait for them to go on sale during the weekend. Until a week ago after I was able to resuscitate not just my oldest avatar from 2006, but also my first alt born 2007, I am back to my old spending habits. I think I shelled out L$20k for both avatars to upgrade them to mesh and all the components needed for their initial look (skin, hair, outfit, plus AO). My shopaholic tendencies are only aggravated by my multiple personality disorder because each avatar I made has a life and personality of their own and that includes varying degrees of vanity and spending control lol One avatar is perfectly content with their L$1 weekly minimalist apartment and does not mind looking the same for the entire year, while another is a fashionista who dreams of living in the L$36k Grand Hotel de Bouillon with its own courtyard on their own private sim >.<

Edited by Yuumo Ichibara
  • Like 1

I don't really have a set thing that I spend lindens on.. Shopping for clothes and things like that, I tend to not buy as much as I used to.. I've reached the point where many things look like replicas..

I mainly shop for the more original things I can find, so it's more like window shopping now than spending spree shopping..

I find I'm always looking for gadgets now or something different than I'm used to..

I have been collecting mesh heads and bodies, mainly  because I've been getting more and more into trying different shapes and just seeing what I can do with the different ones..

That has more of a creative feel than really anything for me.. I love getting something just right.. Although I might think something is just right and the next day be like, What was I thinking.. hehehe

I pay my tier once a month, my premium once a year, so those are pretty much taken care of for the most part..

I mean, I could get the urge to go buy a lot of dances and put them in a hud and just listen to music seeing how they flow with it.. Or could not spend a dime for a month and toy with what I already have..

I really don't have a pattern like I used to anymore.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Shopping for clothes and things like that, I tend to not buy as much as I used to.. I've reached the point where many things look like replicas..

I've reached this also...too much looking the same...but I do spend time searching for unique items.   

I don't have any particular pattern, but I'd say I buy more hair than anything else, and now I'd like to put myself into a spending pattern of spending on unique items that I don't already have.  What recently got my lindens was I bought a bunch of jewelry because I didn't have much. 

It's weird you wrote that because I'd like to put myself on a quest to find some unique items.  What I'd really like is more skins that look like an older female teen of about 18+ and that needs a natural face, not so air-brushed and not just air-brush and apply make-up look.  I want very little make-up so the skin would need to be detailed itself.  The men's skins are just more detailed, especially around the lip and that's what I want for a female so I can have that almost no make-up look.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I've reached this also...too much looking the same...but I do spend time searching for unique items.   

I don't have any particular pattern, but I'd say I buy more hair than anything else, and now I'd like to put myself into a spending pattern of spending on unique items that I don't already have.  What recently got my lindens was I bought a bunch of jewelry because I didn't have much. 

It's weird you wrote that because I'd like to put myself on a quest to find some unique items.  What I'd really like is more skins that look like an older female teen of about 18+ and that needs a natural face, not so air-brushed and not just air-brush and apply make-up look.  I want very little make-up so the skin would need to be detailed itself.  The men's skins are just more detailed, especially around the lip and that's what I want for a female so I can have that almost no make-up look.  

Skinnery for me has very detailed skins..  A lot of skins I find just seem to be more shaded than detailed..

If you find any where they are paying more attention to details than shading, I'd love to know those as well..:)

• Like 1

I used to spend the bulk of my monthly Ls on rent, then hair, clothes, shoes, etc.  A few months ago, I purchased a double prim mainland parcel.  Although it's less prims than I normally had when I rented private, I've managed easily to live within the limit.   The initial payout for the parcel was a bit steep but less than other double parcels I had seen. 

So in the end, I'll save money.  Money I can spend on more hair, clothes, shoes, etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Skinnery for me has very detailed skins..

I don't want to derail the thread about detailed skins...but I want a fully detailed lip with no lipstick on the skin itself; I've wanted that since I joined SL.  I've been to Skinnery and the one I bought has a flaw that I had to send a nc to the creator and she never got back to me.  I guess she feels that flaw that I see is how it's supposed to be; however, the flaw is right where she wrote DEMO on the skin...but she did not get back to me...sooooo.  It's the lips that are really difficult, especially if you want a girl of about 18 or 19.  I hope someone comes out with a "natural girl" line.  Session even has some but the lip is still "lipsticked".  It's like for females they expect us just to put on blush, lipstick, eyeliner, giant eyelashes and I don't want that.  I have started buying eyelashes that are for men though and those look more realistic to me.  But, back on topic, I'd say more unique items that I don't personally already have similar is what I will be spending lindens on going forward.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.