Where do you spend you lindens?

Alma Palmira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A large portion of mine goes on paying my DJs/performers and tipping staff at other clubs. Next after that is probably home & garden stuff. Texture uploads. Hair (mostly for alts). No land fees; I don't rent anything and my land is paid directly as tier to Linden Lab so it doesn't come out of my L$.

I don't spend a lot on clothes; I buy them infrequently for myself, and my two girl alts get mostly group gifts and sale stuff. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Horus Salubrius said:

Rent.

Tips. 

Clothes. 

Landscaping. *

* I put that in there now because over the past couple of weeks I have spent thousands on buying rocks & trees & sheetz like that 

I always go a little crazy at HPMD.  Love love love their trees.

• Like 2

1. Fashion - clothing, shoes, hair, skins, makeup, and the like. 

2. Group join fees... to get access to fashion group gifts.

I don't have much interest in owning or renting in SL, at least for now, so I don't have to worry about paying any rent or tier. 

Overall though, I'm not a huge spender. I find that I'm pretty picky about the quality of items and the way that they sit on the body. I also try to purchase unique items for my wardrobe, yet things that I can see myself wearing multiple times, and there are a lot of items with similar looks/designs out there. 

• Like 1

lately I'm spending linden for the tier of the land and buy trees and rocks and everything you need to create the landscape, any kind of furniture and houses, if I wanted to change style, I have an inventory full of those 😎

(and I love Fanatik but is really expensive 😬)

Edited by manoji Yachvili
  • Like 4

On 1/29/2021 at 5:41 PM, Alma Palmira said:

After many years I have developed a pattern to my redistribution of linden love. Below is a brief accounting of how it tallies from highest to lowest. What are yours?

1. Model and texture uploads. I really (REALLY) should do my testing on the beta grid. But I don’t, so... yeah lots and lots of lindens.
  2. Club tips and sim donation boxes. A fun, well-managed sim is a thing of beauty and every donation helps. Working as a DJ or hostess (or stripper?) is a job. If you are any good it takes skill and personality. One of my alts, worked as a stripper for period of time so I always try to be generous. 
  3. Clothes and avatar upgrades. I really don’t spend a lot for myself, but my other alts are closet horders. Avi updates (mesh bodies and heads, skins etc) is an investment that lasts a while, But when it comes around... they can be pricy!
  4. Furniture. I love, love love to build themed homes and then decorate them. Some things that are specific to my building I create myself, and some things I buy just because I don’t think I could create it any better. 
  5. Building pieces, scripts and gadgets.  I need a corbel? Buy it. A sit rotator? Buy it. Pine trees and landscaping? Buy it. A custom script to add functionality to something I’ve built? Buy or commission it

I was shocked today looking at how many texture uploads I had for $10. If you make anything, and try various versions of it to get it to look better, you might burn through hundreds or even thousands of Lindens this way. Sound files, too, it takes bunches to make a music box or poetry box. Yes, I could go to that test grid, too, as you suggest, but I never do for some reason. The Lindens need to start that account with the bulk uploads discount.

Even though I studied my accounts carefully as I always do every month, I can't answer this question because I haven't tried to  categorize them so much, what I usually try to do is cut down on search ads (they are worthless now), gatchas (always a waste), buying furniture I'm not going to immediately use, and so on. But I think furniture is the top expense, then uploads. 

I just counted six different read and write scripts I bought on the MP, ranging from $10 to $350. Most of it is wasted. Free ones work even better some times. It's shocking but sometimes it's easier to spend $99 on the MP for something right away that I can't find in inventory (160,000).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.