NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I didn't find one either, so I made one to make do until one is made available. I have set it at the landing at my shop. It's free and no group needed. Just come grab it and use it until the content pack gets updated.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Barcola/39/114/25

It works perfectly! THANK YOU!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Isabella Vanilla said:

Hello Merry Christmas! Could someone tell me how many opportunities you have to leave homes in every 24 hours?

You can claim five homes every 24 hours, and it's a rolling thing so that 24 hours after the first claim, you will be able to claim one again, etc. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Isabella Vanilla said:

Because there is plenty of it, they should remove the limit on home abandonment for 24 hours. And it is not necessary.

What part of 'do not play "Game of Homes" ' do you not understand? Or perhaps you hadn't heard ...

Howdy!

Back with another update, and probably the last prior to the Holidays.   I have restored my original release post above. 

We have concluded several rounds of testing region releases and have determined that we can proceed at a paced release.  We will release regions on a timed frequency throughout the rest of today while monitoring systems and progress.   We will pick up doing so again after the Holidays.   I can not predict how many we may get through or by when, but we'll do our best to get as many out as safely possible. 

That said, the KVP system while fixed is probably not in an optimal place.   Please do not play "Game of Homes" - that is if you get a new home, hold on to it for a few days before releasing the home to try and get another.  This is for any home types.  The more stress and load we place on the affected systems, the more likely it will become that we may have to stop deploying regions.

Thanks again for everyone's patience and to the many of you who worked through this with us.

Happy Holidays!

Patch, the Moles and the Second Life Land Operations team

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 2:50 AM, Frigga Freidman said:

OK, it doesn't look like anyone else has written about this, so this post is one for the 'Some People Have Too Much Time On Their Hands Department'. 

I've been tracking ~50 regions that have houses on piers/boardwalks, and have noticed that in the 15 or so of those regions that have been released, all the pier houses have been taken, but in most of them the houses on land are all still designated as Linden Home. So, it appears that either this option is spectacularly unpopular or, more likely, not all homes within a region have been released as a group. I've also noticed that in the majority of the unreleased regions I've been tracking, all the homes have the status of Protected Land, so I assume these regions will not be released until after the holidays. However, I did find 5 regions (containing a mix of house types) where all the houses are labelled Linden Home, and I suspect these may be in a queue for release before LL folk are back at work in full force: Edriss, Leaky Hold, Long Pier, Lorelei, Shore Thing. There may be more.  (A few more I've found: Bootleggers Atoll, Ambergris, Getmah Drift, Shining Sea, Teatime, Backwash, Corderosa, Awash.) EDIT: Add Belldowne to the list where all houses have Linden Home status and none are taken.

UPDATE: Leaky Hold and Shining Sea have been released since I wrote the above, although only a few parcels have been claimed in each.

Also now released, but many parcels still available: Tea Time, Long Pier, and Lorelei. (I've checked a dozen of the regions where parcels were listed as 'Protected Land', and none have changed status. I expect those will not be added to the pool until at least January 4th.

Fri: Edriss released, and Shore Thing

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It is no sign of the drizzle of new houses stopping, and we are well into Christmas now?

The houses came steady all night between Dec. 24 and 25th. I checked now, early Christmas morning SL time.

I believe it goes much smoother now than Patch's last update, and they decided to let it run?

Don't think so, I think it's the same houses that were already in the pool. I'm still seeing the same regions saying "Protected Land" and the same ones saying "Linden Home". The OL ones are just being mostly ignored, and any stilt and waters are probably being abandoned for one reason or another while people wait for more opportunities.
Could also be there are plenty of people away for the Holidays, so things aren't going as quickly as they normally would.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It is no sign of the drizzle of new houses stopping, and we are well into Christmas now?

The houses came steady all night between Dec. 24 and 25th. I checked now, early Christmas morning SL time.

I believe it goes much smoother now than Patch's last update, and they decided to let it run?

I read that everything named Linden Home is going, so it stops whenever that runs out...

I think the stilts are the best of cottage meets modern. I love the feeling of standing in my kitchen looking out to the view through those huge modern glass windows. But I can still have that old cottage look.

2kitchen_001.png.b2b8ea50ed7f7110e062573ffcb4ba28.png

The view from the throne.

2throne_001.png.59275ee81562ea75765ad70eb4febab9.png

I didn't think I'd want a two story home because they looked so huge when I previewed them, but honestly, the Santiago is the perfect size home with just enough rooms. I love how big my bathroom is but yet I still have a very nice size bedroom with all the living space on the main floor. 

I decided I needed to expand my deck so my hot tub would fit plus I really wanted a way to the sand from the back of the home. So .....

2back_001.thumb.png.5d87ed9658e5a76ee776c96bf1d9c840.png

My home is open if anyone would like to visit.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bayport/147/156/21

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RitaCallisto said:

Don't think so, I think it's the same houses that were already in the pool. I'm still seeing the same regions saying "Protected Land" and the same ones saying "Linden Home". The OL ones are just being mostly ignored, and any stilt and waters are probably being abandoned for one reason or another while people wait for more opportunities.
Could also be there are plenty of people away for the Holidays, so things aren't going as quickly as they normally would.

Oh no, my Premium alt can see OL, OW and Pier. If it was an abandoned OW, it should be picked up when the page is refreshed. And refreshed again after 5 minutes.... But all 3 types are on the page the same time. 30 hours ago, 20 hours ago, 2 hours ago. With all the excitement about these houses, I don't believe people abandon OW and Pier every time of the day, so the home page has one of each type no matter when I click.

She expires soon, so I do not bother to get her a house.

It is a good time to pick up a Stilt house. Those who think they missed it the 23th, can jump in now.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I think the stilts are the best of cottage meets modern. I love the feeling of standing in my kitchen looking out to the view through those huge modern glass windows. But I can still have that old cottage look.

This is exactly what I love about the Stilts too. I didn't think anything could beat the Log Homes for light & warmth, but my Tortuga is perhaps becoming my favorite home yet. You've done an amazing job, @Blush Bravin, just as you always do!  My home is also open if anyone wants to look around, I nabbed the best of land & pier, & I think I also won the worst of the Bad Pun Region Names award and I'm ok with that: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Littoral Truth/168/92/0

Edited by KatHeartsong Kaos
  • Like 6

48 minutes ago, RitaCallisto said:

The OL ones are just being mostly ignored

I reckon the on land homes are going to see the most GoH play they are very location dependant. Purely on land wont be to everyone's taste. With no rear water outlook not even a visit from Patch could make the on land property i got in Agua Fresca somewhere i'd want to stay long term, so after seeing all three stilt types on the homes page via an alt yesterday, Even just now all three stilts are on the page. it seemed safe enough to try for a pier lot.
I got a really good home in Bampus next to a boat rezz zone. Given the number of community areas in the region i think i like it more than the house with boat rezz zone i had my eye on in TradingPost

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

2kitchen_001.png.b2b8ea50ed7f7110e062573ffcb4ba28.png

The view from the throne.

2throne_001.png.59275ee81562ea75765ad70eb4febab9.png

I didn't think I'd want a two story home because they looked so huge when I previewed them, but honestly, the Santiago is the perfect size home with just enough rooms. I love how big my bathroom is but yet I still have a very nice size bedroom with all the living space on the main floor. 

I decided I needed to expand my deck so my hot tub would fit plus I really wanted a way to the sand from the back of the home. So .....

2back_001.thumb.png.5d87ed9658e5a76ee776c96bf1d9c840.png

Great!! The sort of Garage you built under the house plus the Extension od the deck with the stairs - I'd like these addons too - do you sell them?

• Like 5

• Moles
3 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Ooh, thanks for the idea.... 😂

I've got a Deep One avatar somewhere (HP Lovecraft, Cthulhu mythos), and I'm sure someone must make a Killer Croc avatar from the DC universe. 

Maybe I'll go swimming round the new regions some time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

23 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I didn't find one either, so I made one to make do until one is made available. I have set it at the landing at my shop. It's free and no group needed. Just come grab it and use it until the content pack gets updated.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Barcola/39/114/25

Wow it's simply amazing, thank you so much!

I got a Stilt home over water but there's no house there.

I clicked the little control panel and it tells me to chose a house, instructions to rez but there's nothing in the dialog box. So there's no home. I tried to abandon the on water and get another one but I kept getting the same parcel. 

Has this happened to anyone else? 

I did relog but that didnt' fix the issue

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.