NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I would probably view palm trees coming up out in the middle of the water a bit odd.

Sand islands / sandbars though, actually do occur, though not frequently.  As long as they aren't overwhelming the property, I'm not sure I'd see them as out of place.

I have trees growing out of the water simply to block my neighbor's house. I can't derender it all, and this was the most peaceful/tranquil way I could deal with it.

https://gyazo.com/c1e1f457cfd14e1eb65fa8d6f52101c3

But still looking for other options.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Honey Crisp said:

I have trees growing out of the water simply to block my neighbor's house. I can't derender it all, and this was the most peaceful/tranquil way I could deal with it.

I suggest a lanai which is tropical in style. Make an "airy" horizontal fence of some kind for the end or ends yyou want to block out. I sort of ended up doing this on the house I have been styling since the ONE neighbor put a palm tree alpha surround around his plot to fence in his PRIM raised  dirt covering his stilts. (yes, insert sigh).  It makes it quite private AND keeps within the theme. 

image.png.b43a341a4493f24adbc0ebbf63802072.png

image.thumb.png.c4f94789f19f1899694dc71f936a98e7.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Honey Crisp said:

This is a subject near and dear to my heart, am always looking for ways to block off certain views to give that feeling of privacy.  Here are two of my favorites: the DDD one prim Bamboo Planter that can be stretched wider and taller, and the DDD Delicate Ivy patch, also 1 prim, with optional twinkly lights, that is invisible from the other side!  Of course, now that I have seen Chic's lanai, I want one lol.

528160575_PrivacyScreens.png.a1a12301af951259d783c60ca3bb0443.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I suggest a lanai which is tropical in style. Make an "airy" horizontal fence of some kind for the end or ends yyou want to block out. I sort of ended up doing this on the house I have been styling since the ONE neighbor put a palm tree alpha surround around his plot to fence in his PRIM raised  dirt covering his stilts. (yes, insert sigh).  It makes it quite private AND keeps within the theme. 

image.png.b43a341a4493f24adbc0ebbf63802072.png

image.thumb.png.c4f94789f19f1899694dc71f936a98e7.png

Nice! I am from SW Florida and I used to live in Hawaii! Everyone has outdoor rooms in these places, and they still seek some privacy of course! :) 

I would love to see your spot here in world for idea---as I have a nice spot over water and I would like to enclose the back a bit! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Malayaa said:

This is a subject near and dear to my heart, am always looking for ways to block off certain views to give that feeling of privacy.  Here are two of my favorites: the DDD one prim Bamboo Planter that can be stretched wider and taller, and the DDD Delicate Ivy patch, also 1 prim, with optional twinkly lights, that is invisible from the other side!  Of course, now that I have seen Chic's lanai, I want one lol.

528160575_PrivacyScreens.png.a1a12301af951259d783c60ca3bb0443.png

Nice idea--I have some bamboos too, I can try--the struggle is real for privacy in these stilts!! :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matthieu Quander said:

And one more thing.  Sand doesn't float.  

Very true.  To be realistic, the person would need to create a proper sandbar/mini-island that goes all the way to the ocean floor. And they need to shape it such that it looks somewhat realistic. 

Even a badly shaped sand blob is not going to seem as strange as a few other things that folks have done though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Honey Crisp said:

Here is a picture of a Mangrove tree, which actually does grow in the middle of water in RL. 

image.png.22441bd84b9543a9d2536af010e6bcc8.png

A quick search on MP showed some, though I have no clue as to their quality.

There's also the option of water plants like kelp and plankton, or even some bamboo plants.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Here is a picture of a Mangrove tree, which actually does grow in the middle of water in RL. 

image.png.22441bd84b9543a9d2536af010e6bcc8.png

A quick search on MP showed some, though I have no clue as to their quality.

There's also the option of water plants like kelp and plankton, or even some bamboo plants.

Not a mangrove fan :) But thanks!

Update to Covenant, YAY

[10:28] Abnor Mole: Hi everyone :) I wanted to take a moment to ask everyone to please help us spread the word about updates to the Linden Homes Covenant specific to the new Stilt homes. (especially the second, which applies to under the water surface as well)
[10:28] Abnor Mole: New to the Covenant as of Dec 20, 2020:
  *Terrain in the Stilt Home theme is not intended to be flat throughout the parcel. Requests to flatten, smooth, or add/remove water on the parcel will not be considered.
  *Small islands under Stilt homes are allowed within reason. Any resident owned mesh or prim "land" or other objects on Stilt water parcels must be completely within the borders of the parcel and not extend into waterways blocking or obscuring them in any fashion. This also applies to any vehicles parked or moored on the parcel as well as phantom objects such as rocks or surf. Prim or mesh "pads" immediately under your Stilt home on land are allowed. However, filling or paving over all or most of your parcel with a simple block of rock, concrete, dirt, grass, sand etc is not allowed and is considered out of theme.
  *Privacy screens, fences, or other parcel perimeter barriers are not allowed on the water in the Stilt Home theme.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 12

56 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Me too!! I DO hope @Chic Aeon will sell it as a Stilt addon in her shop soon!

LOL.  It is four "mesh" prims linked (actually 😎.  I think most anyone can make that. You can use plain prims and just link them and turn them into convex hull in the build menu. I used the white triim texture from the Traditionals and tinted it JUST a bit.  

BUT if someone wants to use the idea for a product that is fine with me.  And I really liked your carport :D.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
fixing an error.
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I bought those but they have no good LOD - as soon as I zoom out some they vanish. Or schould I change my Graphics preferendes?

Hi Leora! I was just rezzing the cluster to check the LOD. My DD is set at 96, and yes, after some distance they vanish, although if you're using them as a privacy screen, you proably will be looking at them from your balcony :) This is a screen capture form the distance, not bad I guess

Captura.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

LOL.  It is four "mesh" prims linked (actually 😎.  I think most anyone can make that. You can use plain prims and just link them and turn them into convex hull in the build menu. I used the white triim texture from the Traditional and tinted it JUST a bit.  

BUT if someone wants to use the idea for a product that is fine with me.  And I really liked your carport :D.  

I couldn't make a single mesh-prim not being trained in Blender. The carport is not mine but made by @Blush Bravin but I thought about using the parts out of that package for a Lani. Could you post more photos from other angles PLEASE?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fay Starlight said:

I have them and they are nice--and a lighter shade of green that matches the other trees in stilts pretty good :)

In case you haven't checked and use LOD4 you might want to look at the LODs (this actually goes for any plants not just this brand) as they "could" fall apart and look really bad for your neighbors -- which kind of negates YOU blocking out YOUR neighbors LOL.  I have a couple of things from there that I may need to take up. Still thinking on it.  

Remember that LOD2 is the default for the majority of folks (and some are 1.25 or less) so this IS kind of an important issue and the reason that most of the Belli trees are so "primmy".  Happily there are some great new and low impact Belli plants!!!     

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I bought those but they have no good LOD - as soon as I zoom out some they vanish. Or schould I change my Graphics preferendes?

4 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Hi Leora! I was just rezzing the cluster to check the LOD. My DD is set at 96, and yes, after some distance they vanish, although if you're using them as a privacy screen, you proably will be looking at them from your balcony :) This is a screen capture form the distance, not bad I guess

Captura.PNG

To check on whether or not LOD is good, bump your draw distance up much higher, keeping your LOD setting a 2.0 or lower, and then scroll back.

Items will disappear based on draw distance as well as LOD, so if you have your draw distance set low, you cannot expect things to not start disappearing once you scroll out farther than that distance, regardless of how good the LOD of the item is.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well this will be object of many debates!

Is a LANI allowed or not?

Well it is certainly in THEME.  Judging by what was left after numerous reports in the other areas I can't see why not. As someone mentioned your lattice is "typical" in many areas that use stilt houses.   I guess we will know eventually if there is an issue. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

To check on whether or not LOD is good, bump your draw distance up much higher, keeping your LOD setting a 2.0 or lower, and then scroll back.

Items will disappear based on draw distance as well as LOD, so if you have your draw distance set low, you cannot expect things to not start disappearing once you scroll out farther than that distance, regardless of how good the LOD of the item is.

Right, that was my point ;) My DD is low at 96, and I still can see the cluster

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.