NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

26 minutes ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

I don't understand the owners of over water stilts who have put in palm trees.  What's the point of having an over water home and then putting land trees??  I am going to have to derender most of my next door neighbors property. 

24 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

I scream internally when I see people rezzing sand islands on water parcels. YOU WANT ON LAND!

If I could "heart" these posts 100 times, I would.  Having little sand islands under every other OW home looks completely unnatural and kills the homogenous vibe that defines a stilt home community. 

Having a more restrictive covenant is helpful, but it is not quite as effective as a heavy handed HOA.  While I'm not a fan in RL, I would love one in this instance.  Distasteful décor is in the eye of the beholder.  Unfortunately, my eye beholds it way too often.  Such is life if you want to be in Bellisseria.  Time to limber up the de-render finger.  

Edited by Matthieu Quander
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

If I could "heart" these posts 100 times, I would.  Having little sand islands under every other OW home looks completely unnatural and kills the homogenous vibe that defines a stilt home community. 

Having a more restrictive covenant is helpful, but it is not quite as effective as a heavy handed HOA.  While I'm not a fan in RL, I would love one in this instance.  Distasteful décor is in the eye of the beholder.  Unfortunately, my eye beholds it way too often.  Such is life if you want to be in Bellisseria.  Time to limber up the de-render finger.  

My friend's  land home (which I decorated for him) has only one near neighbor (woot). BUT of course there is a but.  The owner of that home didn't like the stilts so he rezzed a cube and filled his plot line and put some horrific texture on it.  THEN he changed the texture and put a different one around the edges  so sort of like bricks or whatever (this still in "Florida Keys" land ^^.  THEN he put a pool table outside and some other less than aesthetic furniture and today he (it could be a she I didn't look) put up a semi-transparent surround with palm trees. 

When I was living in Belli in a trad I sent in several non-covenant reports which were never acted on so I didn't bother this time. I had already filled the back of the lot with palm trees and other buffers so it works pretty well and after seeing the cute under the house carport in another thread, I may make a lattice "screen" of sorts for the patio. Not sure yet.   But I definitely agree that there are some things that really are NOT in keeping with the theme and should be removed.  Hopefully the policing has become a bit better. Fingers crossed and sorry for the folks living across from this person (at the moment there is no one LOL -- surprise if they show up).   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

One of my not so close neighbours (next to my neighbour, thankfully) rezzed 3 full bright poles, a huge DJ booth (ofc full bright) and a disco light with moving lights on their deck .. well yeah .. sighs. Some full bright cuddle/whatever scripted furniture to it. Be it so! Derendered and blocked that stuff. I hope the surrounding settles, because i love my lil spot in Stilt land now :)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Eddie Hagoromo said:

Got myself a on land home, but a little question, covered windows just dims the windows on most sides of the property and shows blinds on only one side of the property? Is that a bug or something else?

Using the Tortuga OL v3.0 home on there.

It happened to me as well. Since it was a texture not rezzing properly I took it as possibly a cache issue and decided to clear cache to see if it would fix it. It was back to normal after clearing cache.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Whelp, I've gone and done it. Debi hadn't gotten her Stilt yet, and with it being a limited release I wasn't going to even try to get hers until after the first. But with stilts still showing up constantly on the land store, I decided why wait. I decided to go for OL again since those are the most plentiful, but oh my did I luck out!

142491530_lauderdalefront_001.png.cb1c8fced4cf93cbc63fcab0f9cc0abc.png

I did extend my driveway over Linden land but I don't think they will mind. I'm fortunate that this OL home extends in the back over water.

14078676_lauderdaleback_001.png.1545288255c703cbb35c8c651d909a3e.png

I've just begun imagining what I want to do with this house. I love the full porch on the front, so went with the Lauderdale, but it's a larger home than the Santiago. I've divided up two rooms so far. But here's a sneak peek at one of my favorite rooms to add to any home. The tiny little clothes rack in the Santiago bathroom just wasn't cutting it for me.

534553776_lauderdalecloset_001.png.c8a94ef4cac01e861d1b7616dc481fcd.png

I've installed a wall with the double doors provided in the kit to divide my really large bathroom from my HUGE walk-in closet. 

I've really enjoyed playing with Linden Homes over the holiday break. What a welcome relief from all the madness going on in that other world!!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Eddie Hagoromo said:

Got myself a on land home, but a little question, covered windows just dims the windows on most sides of the property and shows blinds on only one side of the property? Is that a bug or something else?

Not the norm. The blinds close "per room" and look like blinds inside and out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

Not the norm. The blinds close "per room" and look like blinds inside and out. 

If you want to close all the blinds in the house, or open them, you can do so from the house control panel inside. To close per room just touch any window in that room.

• Like 2

talking about taste or no taste in decor, I wonder is "swamp land" within the Stilt land looks ? My neighbor made his/hers On water parcel a little island with sandy beaches and swamp plants...If I was to derrender it all I would be doing that for hours...so I deleted the beaches as they had of course not removed scipts out of them.. the decor is not bad..just seem out of place 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Quiet Mirabella said:

talking about taste or no taste in decor, I wonder is "swamp land" within the Stilt land looks ? My neighbor made his/hers On water parcel a little island with sandy beaches and swamp plants...If I was to derrender it all I would be doing that for hours...so I deleted the beaches as they had of course not removed scipts out of them.. the decor is not bad..just seem out of place 

I don't think that "swamp" would be within the Stilt Theme. I've seen some Pier and OW parcels covered in sand and plants too... It's a shame.

• Like 4

I have a stilt that I gave some sandbars/islands to match the mole-made one that came with it. Mainly because i'm currently on the edge of a region and it's just water for miles. Went all-in on plants to make up for the lack of.. most everything lol. None of my immediate neighbors have complained(in fact, my closest seems to like it).

Also being on the very edge of the current civilization kind of makes me feel like I have a little more freedom. Now I just pray they don't shove houseboats in my view. More stilts I would welcome(aside from completely OW. Too bland), but would lament heavily on houseboats.

I have yet to see any OW or pier completely filled in with sand or grass. I'll certainly have to look around some more. That sounds like it'd be up there with those beach trads that people shove a big grassy prim on. I cringe.

• Like 2

• Moles
13 hours ago, Eddie Hagoromo said:

As far as we know, this is a viewer issue that can generally be remedied simply by relogging.  For reasons that are beyond me, sometimes the viewer doesn't receive all the relevant information from the simulator about the alpha mode of the windows' transparent faces, and when that happens the alpha mode stays stuck at the wrong setting ("none" rather than "blending") until the  viewer restarts (leaving the region and then returning doesn't help)

We noticed this  in testing, including one occasion when Dyna could see the issue and I couldn't, and when we compared screenshots of the windows' settings as they appeared in our respective edit panels, it turned out our viewers thought they were seeing two different things.   

We've tried all the normal tricks explicitly to reset all the windows' texture parameters and force the viewer to re-read them each time the blinds textures change, but to no avail.

However, a relog has always fixed it so far, at least for Dyna and me.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 11

By now I got another OverLand Stilt that touches water, MORE water than the other one did. I do not like the view as much, in fact had to derender a whole OverWater Stilt directly in front of me, but the big thing is that I have room enough INSIDE my parcel to place the swimmimg animation set I used to have on my houseboat. So now I can swim and dive directly off my own beach!

grafik.thumb.png.ebda2d4ae4c09ebd0a30d16d8ed83a96.png

I will add some more stuff (towl, cushion, ladder - see below) then it will be a pool like on the houseboat and maybe I'll abandon the HB and keep the Stilt instead.

grafik.thumb.png.e42d697e28c1192041099021d6609c90.png

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 10

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I would probably view palm trees coming up out in the middle of the water a bit odd.

Sand islands / sandbars though, actually do occur, though not frequently.  As long as they aren't overwhelming the property, I'm not sure I'd see them as out of place.

Palm trees growing in water is definitely wrong.  And yes, sandbars do exist in nature, but not as evenly spaced symmetrical shapes.  The randomly placed mole-created sandbars are great.  Unfortunately, they are in short supply, and the people who aren't lucky enough to get one, are choosing OW and adding their own L.  When done well and sparingly, it looks fine.  When it becomes ubiquitous and is implemented by throwing the beach texture on a squished sphere, it offends my sensibilities.  

And one more thing.  Sand doesn't float.  

Edited by Matthieu Quander
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Palm trees growing in water is definitely wrong.  And yes, sandbars do exist in nature, but not as evenly spaced symmetrical shapes.  The randomly placed mole-created sandbars are great.  Unfortunately, they are in short supply, and the people who aren't lucky enough to get one, are choosing OW and adding their own L.  When done well and sparingly, it looks fine.  When it becomes ubiquitous and is implemented by throwing the beach texture on a squished sphere, it offends my sensibilities.  

And one more thing.  Sand doesn't float.  

Not many trees grow in salt water, mangroves---mainly LOL!

Edited by Fay Starlight
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.