Jump to content

NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As has been mentioned, do not abandon your homes.   A quick clarification on styles and such.  There are 4 floor plans to the Stilt Home theme.   There will be two placement options offered on the hom

Heed the big huge disclaimer at the bottom of my Flickr posting: [Giant Disclaimer™ - if everything goes according to plan] I'm going to clearly warn you all now, if you leave your homes and

Posted Images

@Patch Linden  Hmmm... I upped a premium  temp alt just to play leap frog *eventually*, but one of my mains caught the perfect Stilt.  Guessing the Temp Gal should hang onto her catch for a few days before releasing so as to put as little stress on things as possible? (She won't be trying for another Stilt- we only want one in the family).

Anyone wants to see the Temp Alt's, I've already fully decorated at 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Drinkwater/183/169/27

 

and that's the one I'll be releasing as soon as things are stable enough

Edited by KatHeartsong Kaos
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

Plz.png

You know we're addicted, Patch, to seeing what else is out there. I landed a lovely place in Sundae Afternoon. Thank you, all Linden employees, and the wonderful Moles for bringing this all together before Christmas. 

  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't keep up with all the messages.

Is anyone else having problems rezzing their home? I'm in Gorgeous Aurelia Beach. House was there when I initially got to the location but as soon as I touched the controller it disappeared, never came back and I'm getting this:

""Abnor Mole's 'LH - Stilt Homes - HouseController v7.11'
Please choose a building to rez, an instruction notecard, or a content pack."
 

EDIT: I already logged out and back in, did not help

 

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Can't keep up with all the messages.

Is anyone else having problems rezzing their home? I'm in Gorgeous Aurelia Beach. House was there when I initially got to the location but as soon as I touched the controller it disappeared, never came back and I'm getting this:

""Abnor Mole's 'LH - Stilt Homes - HouseController v7.11'
Please choose a building to rez, an instruction notecard, or a content pack."
 

EDIT: I already logged out and back in, did not help

 

Might be best to mention this in Belli chat so the Moles pick it up.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Can't keep up with all the messages.

Is anyone else having problems rezzing their home? I'm in Gorgeous Aurelia Beach. House was there when I initially got to the location but as soon as I touched the controller it disappeared, never came back and I'm getting this:

""Abnor Mole's 'LH - Stilt Homes - HouseController v7.11'
Please choose a building to rez, an instruction notecard, or a content pack."
 

EDIT: I already logged out and back in, did not help

 

Click and hold the controller for 4 seconds then let go. In chat it will say "Resetting scripts". Leave it alone for a full minute, then click again and all the usual buttons should be there.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Can't keep up with all the messages.

Is anyone else having problems rezzing their home? I'm in Gorgeous Aurelia Beach. House was there when I initially got to the location but as soon as I touched the controller it disappeared, never came back and I'm getting this:

""Abnor Mole's 'LH - Stilt Homes - HouseController v7.11'
Please choose a building to rez, an instruction notecard, or a content pack."
 

EDIT: I already logged out and back in, did not help

 

Try resetting the house controller (touch and hold down on it until you say "OK" in-world).  :D

Edited by Laurelrose Anthony
or what Karly said. ;)
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, KatHeartsong Kaos said:

@Patch Linden  Hmmm... I upped a premium  temp alt just to play leap frog *eventually*, but one of my mains caught the perfect Stilt.  Guessing the Temp Gal should hang onto her catch for a few days before releasing so as to put as little stress on things as possible? (She won't be trying for another Stilt- we only want one in the family).

Anyone wants to see the Temp Alt's, I've already fully decorated at 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Drinkwater/183/169/27

 

and that's the one I'll be releasing as soon as things are stable enough

It looks amazing, thanks for sharing :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Arquet said:

Just out of curiosity, what is that KVP System Patch mentions in his update post ("the KVP system while fixed is probably not in an optimal place")? Does anybody know?

@Dyna Mole, and/or @Quartz Mole, would certainly know.  I can only speculate about it, but that's a thing I'm always willing to do.  I know, not one of my most charming attributes.

It has to do with the external database where SL stores information about Experiences.  I'm guessing that KVP might stand for Key Value Pair?  SL allows users to create their own Experiences, and information about the IDs, owners, and parameters for a given experience are stored in KVP storage (or "store"), I believe. 

Now that I'm thinking about it, when Experiences first came about there was speculation about whether LL would allow users to store non-Experience related data (for a fee) in the KVP store, which could be fetched via dataserver events that already exist for Experiences.  That would be INCREDIBLY useful, even if a little cumbersome, given that currently there is no easy way for scripts to add information to any inworld data store other than an object's description, hovertext, etc...  Most people get around this by creating their own web service (ya wanna talk CUMBERSOME!).

The moles might be using the KVP store to store parcel-related information, like the current home parameters, color picker choices, etc..  If so, that would be very cool, and personally I'd love to hear more about it.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Homemade caramels? I think I love you

A couple of days ago, my daughter started the baking that she always does when she gets here.  We now have a batch of oatmeal cookies and two types of mini cheesecakes.  Last night we made homemade caramel sauce for today's batch of mini cheesecakes, which won't be ready to eat until later this evening.  Tomorrow will be the final batch of mini cheesecakes and a batch of snickerdoodles.

I love it when she visits since she is the baker of the bunch, though my waist and hips could sure do without. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

It has to do with the external database where SL stores information about Experiences.  I'm guessing that KVP might stand for Key Value Pair?  SL allows users to create their own Experiences, and information about the IDs, owners, and parameters for a given experience are stored in KVP storage (or "store"), I believe. 

Exactly, except that the database is not "external."  It's buried in the server networks that manage all SL assets and functions. (It's  now actually all in the cloud -- which I guess is technically "external" after all.  Go figure.) 

Anyway, we have to store an immense amount of information about each parcel in Bellisseria.  Every time you rez a new home, we record which model you chose and then add all the information about what color/texture choices you made for walls, woodwork, and the rest.  We also save any information you add to the home's access list.  All that information is updated every time you change anything, and is reloaded and applied to a new house if you decide to rez a new copy of the same house. Changing the house style resets the color choices but not your access list. That way, the choices you make (except for custom colors that you make for walls) are saved as long as you have a house on that parcel.  If you abandon the parcel, it's all wiped and reset to default values so the next owner can't see your access list and can start fresh with her own choice of colors.

Much of that information is also saved locally in scripts in your house, along with other bits of information that are only important temporarily.  As a result, you get homes that not only respond instantly to changes you make but also have backup records stored remotely.  We can use those records in KVP for diagnostic purposes if we need to help fix something and, as I said, they automatically reload into a new house if you ever want to start over.

Edited by Dyna Mole
Cleaner wording, to clarify that access lists persist if you change house styles, but colors/textures do not.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 15
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

@Dyna Mole, and/or @Quartz Mole, would certainly know.  I can only speculate about it, but that's a thing I'm always willing to do.  I know, not one of my most charming attributes.

It has to do with the external database where SL stores information about Experiences.  I'm guessing that KVP might stand for Key Value Pair?  SL allows users to create their own Experiences, and information about the IDs, owners, and parameters for a given experience are stored in KVP storage (or "store"), I believe. 

Now that I'm thinking about it, when Experiences first came about there was speculation about whether LL would allow users to store non-Experience related data (for a fee) in the KVP store, which could be fetched via dataserver events that already exist for Experiences.  That would be INCREDIBLY useful, even if a little cumbersome, given that currently there is no easy way for scripts to add information to any inworld data store other than an object's description, hovertext, etc...  Most people get around this by creating their own web service (ya wanna talk CUMBERSOME!).

The moles might be using the KVP store to store parcel-related information, like the current home parameters, color picker choices, etc..  If so, that would be very cool, and personally I'd love to hear more about it.

Yes, you're right -- we use KVP all the time, to store and update information.    Linden Homes depend on KVP, pretty much -- quite apart from using KVP to data like communication channels that all the scripts need to use, or the names of houses for particular themes, so that can be updated for all items at once, and, very importantly, we also use it to key the parcel's centre to its UUID, on which the whole positioning system that delivers the houses depends.   

We also use it to store the remote content servers'  URLs, so when you request a content creation pack or a notecard from the housecontroller, it can look up the current URL for its content server if the one it has no long works and it gets a 404 error, because the remote server updates the KVP record every time its URL changes.    It's very useful to be able to do that.

Dyna created the amazing scripts that handle all the decorating and parcel access settings (it's a task of mind-boggling complexity but she makes it seem almost easy), so I'll leave them to her to talk about them if she sees this.

 

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm super impressed, @Patch Linden.  Even with the issues that required a very carefully monitored staged release, there have been all types of homes on the page continuously every since you made that announcement and started the flow.

I am very impressed as well!

Thank you Patch and all other lindens involved and also the busy Moles for this Stiltmas gift! I am so happy with my new house on sticks on Sundae Afternoon.. in an area so well designed! All your work and stress over the last week made it possible.. i hope,that you all will have a very merry Christmas and happy Holidays and your well deserved rest :)) Thank you for that!

Stiltmas_001.jpg

  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having an issue with my windows, if I open them up instead of having the blinds, the glass is blue and you cannot see through them. Does anyone know who I should contact about this?

Fixed the problem, thanks to Quartz Mole! Honestly, that was totally unexpected. I love the moles and the Lindens!

Edited by Annie Nova
ETA
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

I'm having an issue with my windows, if I open them up instead of having the blinds, the glass is blue and you cannot see through them. Does anyone know who I should contact about this?

You can rerez your house with the house controller but wait at least 30 seconds before you operate your house. Best is longer. Or rez another style then yours again. but slowwwwly. If it's still borked file a ticket to SL support

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a few things that would be good to add to the Content Packs.  But first, those 1-prim plants?  Fabulous! And /me hugs her sand castle.

> The end post for the safety railings?  One of the railing segments in the pack even has gaps for the posts!

> The white mesh edging for the decks?  I think a lot of folks with OL homes that extend over water (so are pretty high over the water) will want to add a low deck to the existing ones, at slightly above water level.  Bonus points if a short set of deck stairs make their way into the packs too!

> Ceiling molding segment(s), so that added interior walls look like they belong?

And thank you for the terrain textures.  Looks like they'll be in all the new Content packs, hooray!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

I'm having an issue with my windows, if I open them up instead of having the blinds, the glass is blue and you cannot see through them. Does anyone know who I should contact about this?

I've seen Annie in world and checked this with her.    It's a viewer issue -- now and again, for reasons I certainly don't understand, the viewer doesn't always load a key piece of information about the windows' alpha mode, and the only cure I know is to relog.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...