What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I love my heels. I can walk in them, dance in them, hula hoop in them. 

I hope that wherever she is, she has a walk in cupboard full of them and she dances in them all night.

I love high heels and ankle straps. I don't wear them for men, I wear them for me because I just love how I feel in them. I've impressed people by how well I walk and dance in them, an elderly lady once stopped me to compliment me on my outfit and how well I walked in my heels. I do find by the end of the night I usually have to take them off but I've got those plastic folding shoes in my bag to slip into. I don't wear them often, certainly not when I'm doing the school run or weekly food shop, but when I wear them, I bloody wear them.

When this crappy pandemic is over and I can go out for the night, I'm wearing them.

OMG, I'm laughing. My RL wife has an entire walk in closet full of heels. I have no idea how much money it even cost. And I'm our full financial supporter lol!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Peeve: People/designers/stores who seem to be unaware that their ad art is there to, oh, I dunno, tempt people to buy?

So, PRO TIP: Don't do overly tilted photos because "it is cool in the blogs". It isn't cool in the blogs and I don't feel like standing on my head to see the photo.

Don't overly photoshop effects. Sure you can do that soft focus, no contrast, blurry, thing. But if I can't tell wtf I'm looking at I won't click. And that 3D glasses effect (That has a specific name I forgot)? Where the image is slightly duplicated and there are color auras around each. Are you effing kidding me?

Black on black photos with bad lighting.

Getting the :::cough::: picture here you morons? Show your product clearly!

And don't use circa 2009 system avatars either.

And morphing with RL, especially on skins or makeup... as has been mentioned many times here before: that's a pretty big red flag your stuff is crap.

And you kids, over there, back on my lawn???? :::shakes cane:::

Now I feel bad about my pictures.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

I had a dear Women's Studies teacher who felt ashamed because she could not kick the habit of wearing high heels. She grew up in an era when high heels were especially valued. She was always berating herself about it, wishing she could change. Sadly I learned she died this year, and I'm left wondering if she ever overcame her love of high heels.

I hope that wherever she is, she has a walk in cupboard full of them and she dances in them all night.

I heard in my morning meditation that God repairs her damaged back after each night of wild dancing    :)

• Like 2

Today I actually have a peeve.  Although it's RL, it does affect my SL...

Power outages - we've had 2 already this morning, with unexplained causes - not a vehicle accident, it's not windy, it's barely raining... We also had a similar one earlier in the week, and all three times it's just been the section of town that I live in.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

Today I actually have a peeve.  Although it's RL, it does affect my SL...

Power outages - we've had 2 already this morning, with unexplained causes - not a vehicle accident, it's not windy, it's barely raining... We also had a similar one earlier in the week, and all three times it's just been the section of town that I live in.  

We've had that occasionally.  One time it was a flock of birds in one of the stations

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Women's oppression is like the air we breath...

Sometimes a shoe is just a shoe... 

woman can't walk.gif

I have a daughter. I am totally against women's oppression. Hungarian is also a fully gender neutral language. But a shoe can move mountains. It can be the initial  glimpse that leads to much more.

2 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

I haven't worn heals since my teenage years eons ago.  I'm a dress and boots lady!

I guess I won't be paying for everything you could ever want in SL lol!!! It takes more than heels though lmao!!!

2 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I love my heels, but I don't think of them as a tool of empowerment. And any environments that dictate that women have to wear them can sod right off. They're just an item of clothing that I love to wear in the right context. 

And that, to me, is feminism. The right and ability to do what tf we want when we want why we want, environmental edicts be damned. No, I don't extrapolate that into "kill all the people because I am a woman and I want to." But wearing heels. Wearing flats. Barefoot and/or pregant. Working in society. Working as a homemaker, wife, mother. Sex when and how it matters to us, if that is sweet and vanilla, yay! If that is kinky and dominant, yay! If that is kinky and submissive to a male, yay! To a female? Yay! You do you, I do me, happy consenting adults, whether it is footwear or getting flogged or flogging someone in the office or... wait, no, not that last one, because technically that is illegal (although often necessary).

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Need to clarify... I don't hate ALL high heels, just the SLink / Maitreya HIGH heels' look. 

My inventory is testimony to my love of heeled shoes, esp. anklestraps. I had a velvet pair in my twenties - ruined on the Greek island of Antiparos walking to the caves... A VERY bad day in my life.

Never did find a replacement :( 

I dislike the idea that my shoes say anything about my availability for sex or me as a woman. Like others of around my age, I have grown up with the idea that somehow they are "sexy" and can't deny that idea is ingrained. 

If it is indeed a fact that there is an innate response to the lumbar curve created by wearing heels, ok - doesn't give anyone an excuse to do something about that without another's consent though! AND my choice when and where to wear them...

Emma :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bagnu said:

To clarify, I don't know if my SL wife wears heels in RL or not. It's irrelevant to our relationship in SL. I certainly wouldn't walk out on her if she told me she didn't. My RL wife doesn't much anymore, and I wouldn't walk out on her for that.

Now I'm totally confused.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I don't wear heels...because I am 5 ft 10 and tower over most men in them.

The Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes look does not appeal to me.

I'm 5'9" and always loved wearing heels.  It was always kind of cute when the shorter men would approach and just stare up at me.  And I swear taller women attract shorter than average men.  All the taller than average men seem to be with the wee women.  My dad was 6'2" and mom is 5'2".  They did look adorable dancing though!

Luckily, I found my hubbie who is 6'3" so if I ever want to wear heels, no problem.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bagnu said:
3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Women's oppression is like the air we breath...

Sometimes a shoe is just a shoe... 

woman can't walk.gif

Expand  Expand  

I have a daughter. I am totally against women's oppression. Hungarian is also a fully gender neutral language. But a shoe can move mountains. It can be the initial  glimpse that leads to much more.

Oppression occurs when an authority determines one's fate in a negative manner, the authority here being our societal standards of beauty which vulnerable people feel compelled to abide by in order to feel acceptable.

Wearing high heels is damaging to the body, so how do you reconcile this with your task of nurturing a daughter appropriately? Encouraging your wife to model standards of beauty proven harmful to women could hurt your daughter if she adheres to them.

High Heels Can Lead To A DOZEN LEG AND FOOT INJURIES
https://www.osoc.com/High-Heels-Can-Lead-To-A-Dozen-Foot-And-Leg-Injuries.html

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.