What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can mostly only read the forums, and not post, because I have a lot of really not nice things to say, most of them very well deserved. I type them up and then have to delete them.

It's a personal peeve, though, not a pet peeve, because my person is the problem.

My  demon-gnome-spawn-that-exists-only-in-my-head-person and I simply can't agree on this matter, and it's rather disappointing. Now I have to spend most of my reading time here on the forums logged out, because I can't trust the gnome to not say something when I'm taking a drink or not looking. She's far more ornery and sneaky than I'm willing to give her credit for.

Plus, a lot of people really suc...

Gnomes...sigh, can't live with them, can't live without them

• Like 4

1 hour ago, halebore Aeon said:

Another one, people who can't mind their own business. Especially people who put their nose in how others spend their money in SL. Why does it matter if someone spends lavishly or cheaply for themselves? Is it hurting you?

Omg yes. And not even just sl. Unless your spending choices impact them in any real way, they're not in a place to judge.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

This is how I see it, unless you take care of my finances RL. Then keep out of what I do in SL and spend.my Ls on.

but your spending too much for that, where there was that cheaper version that did just as good... and your spending too little for that for you know price denotes value and quality. :P

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

I can mostly only read the forums, and not post, because I have a lot of really not nice things to say, most of them very well deserved. I type them up and then have to delete them.

It's a personal peeve, though, not a pet peeve, because my person is the problem.

My  demon-gnome-spawn-that-exists-only-in-my-head-person and I simply can't agree on this matter, and it's rather disappointing. Now I have to spend most of my reading time here on the forums logged out, because I can't trust the gnome to not say something when I'm taking a drink or not looking. She's far more ornery and sneaky than I'm willing to give her credit for.

Plus, a lot of people really suc...

Gnomes...sigh, can't live with them, can't live without them

Thank you for writing this. And, I hate to say it, but you are being smart. Stating your truth and your reality here only makes you targets for the asshats, those who use LL moderation for personal vendetta and not for what it should be for. Sadly, moderation here allows and even seems to encourage that. So if you value your ability to type the few times, like here, in this comment, it is best to just type and delete.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/21/2020 at 8:21 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

#1 - Makeup creators that do not include a texture showing all of the colors, so I have to try them all on.

#2 - Makeup creators that include a texture but the ordering of the colors on the texture has no relation at all to the numbering of the colors in the folder - so I still have to try them all on to find the one I want.

This can be extended to poses, too, when they come in a pack. Also, even the singles, add a frikkin ad texture to show the pose so I don't have to try it on in SL to see if it is the right one. Naming things "Endearing!" isn't all that helpful. :::grumbles:::

• Like 2

Peeve: Coming in "here" because I have received notice, either as GiGi or (well the last time I named my alt she apparently threw me under the bus to the mods for "speaking about others...") so "she who will not be named!" (but is in my footer).  Then getting sucked into threads, because... I'm here and I'm weak. Then posting on a thread or two, logging in and seeing I have an IM (again, peeve) here, and then being told I don't have permission to view comments! Oh ffs! Now who turned me in???? For what? Oh. Wait. The whole thread is down. OK. That's probably for the best, it was tacky tacky icky.

So: Please, for those of you who keep sending me IMs HERE, stop. If you think I want to chat, then please do so inworld, and you should probably use the OTHER avatar's profile to do it. I'm a cat. I don't read messages often inworld, ya know?

If somebody said something to me specifically in the defunct thread, I didn't read it. I don't necessarily care or want to know, but if you think it is important, then see above.

Peeve: Still people.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

If you think I want to chat [ ... ]

9 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

I'm a cat.

There's a Yule rhyme in there somewhere ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, all right then. Cracks knuckles.

So here's a pet peeve. People using the postal service's print-a-Christmas-card crêpe. 

Sort of defeats the purpose of sending a physical card, if it's just a print of a digitally produced message in a messy font meant to look like handwriting - it looks about as handwritten as a Scifi hologram sign; especially considering it doesn't even get the formatting right so that your Chancery 'God Jul' gets trimmed off along the edge. And you don't even get a real stamp, just some printed-on make-belief. 

On that topic - another peeve. How the Swedish postal service increased the postage by 50% last year, after having been a hot topic in the newspaper for the past few years about how they lose everything from parcels and important documents, to both ballot cards and posted votes in the last election. 

Summary peeve: people.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

This can be extended to poses, too, when they come in a pack. Also, even the singles, add a frikkin ad texture to show the pose so I don't have to try it on in SL to see if it is the right one. Naming things "Endearing!" isn't all that helpful. :::grumbles:::

Or just include the ad texture for everything really. And the creators have the textures already - I see them being used inworld for their posters, group notices etc. Why not include them for their customers?? Whyyyy???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orwar said:

So here's a pet peeve. People using the postal service's print-a-Christmas-card crêpe. 

Sort of defeats the purpose of sending a physical card, if it's just a print of a digitally produced message in a messy font meant to look like handwriting

I did this for Mother's Day this year, LOL. I ordered the card off Thortful - it was a cartoon of Donald Trump saying "All other mothers? Losers! You're the best mother, a very fine mother", etc. Only because I didn't want to go to the post office and queue up with people standing half a metre apart and angrily shouting "Oh come on!" :|

And my mum said "It was horrible, why did you send me Donald Trump?":( And the fonts they offered WERE awful.

So I have ordered a REAL Xmas card off Etsy and will hand post it tomorrow...:)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

I have lost count of the creators I have personally contacted and asked "Hey can you PLEASE include the vendor pics in your pack so I don't have to hunt them down and upload them into SL."  

I must have spent close to 1k uploading vendor pics for Trompe Loeil's houses, over 500L for Doux hair until he told me the pic is in the demo pack (I don't do demos often), Exile's hair, SO many poses...

ITS ANNOYING AS ALL HECK!!!!! After all, they already have the vendor pics done and uploaded, so why the dickens can they not include it in the packs!??

Sometimes I am half tempted to send them my uploading bill!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Peeve: Well, its really "people" of course, but more specifically: folks wandering in here wanting "us" to do their work for them. This takes so many forms. Maybe it is the person who hasn't taken the least bit of energy to try to google the information themselves. Maybe it is the student who wants us to do their legwork for a paper. Maybe it is a wannabe designer wanting us to do their research for them. Maybe it is the person who wants "us" to write their new, cool, stylin e-mag for free. Maybe it is ...

There are a lot of them that come and go on the forums. To be fair, it isn't just SL forums. Because: People.

Kitteh is grumpeh.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

2 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

Kitteh is grumpeh.

I really made a mess trying to quote things! Grrr. That is my peeve for the day. Sorry for the mess!

I would offer the kitteh sympathetic hugs if I wasn't terrified of getting my eyes scratched out. 😉🤗😂

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
Trying and failing to fix stuff. 😣
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.