What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I look around too to see if anyone noticed me walking into the window.  Always nice to know I'm not the only one!

I don't bother.  Typically I have others derendered when I'm shopping or hunting............ and if I can't see them then surely they can't see me.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The only person ever fooled by this is Pooh Bear.

This is embarrassing to admit, but I'm rereading the entire Winnie the Pooh stories and it still is one of my all time favorite book of stories. One can learn so much from Pooh Bear and all his friends. :)

It made me smile to see all this discussion about him and Piglet so had to comment. Sorry for the off topic.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

This is embarrassing to admit, but I'm rereading the entire Winnie the Pooh stories and it still is one of my all time favorite book of stories. One can learn so much from Pooh Bear and all his friends. :)

It made me smile to see all this discussion about him and Piglet so had to comment. Sorry for the off topic.

Why embarrassed???

I grew up on Milne's Winnie the Pooh stories -- read to me, and also audio tapes. My mum still quotes from them constantly. When I first left home, I was gifted The Zen of Pooh. They are everything.

The stories that always most compelled and terrified me were the ones from The House on Pooh Corner, about the Heffalump. I still get shivers when I think of Pooh raging around the pit with a honey pot on his head. So, sweet moments (Pooh sticks!) and terrifying ones. Everything.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Why embarrassed???

I grew up on Milne's Winnie the Pooh stories -- read to me, and also audio tapes. My mum still quotes from them constantly. When I first left home, I was gifted The Zen of Pooh. They are everything.

The stories that always most compelled and terrified me were the ones from The House on Pooh Corner, about the Heffalump. I still get shivers when I think of Pooh raging around the pit with a honey pot on his head. So, sweet moments (Pooh sticks!) and terrifying ones. Everything.

*gets out her well-worn copy of The Zen of Pooh

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

We are also related. :)

Even when not in cat avatar. Bounce off a "wait? that's a window? it looked like an opening!" or "wait? this doesn't automatically open in 2020?" and I look around, see who has seen me do that, and then pretend like I meant to do that.  Ever seen a cat do something stupid? They do that. Stupid thing, then start grooming themselves like, "It is just all part of the coolness that is me."

My cat is a bit of a klutz. He doesn't care. He just keeps on playing. Damn cat loves to make us laugh.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

I always "hear" the stories in a voice I will never forget.

Sterling Holloway - Wikipedia

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I tried reading it once. Eheu! I felt like a 4 year old learning how to read again.

Yes, it's a bit of a challenge.  Much easier if you have the original in the other hand.  It's a wonderful translation. ("Burr, burr, burr. Quid est causae cur?", recited to a humming of bees.)  I haven't read Latin deliberately since high school, but something like that at least makes me smile.  More than Alicia in Terra Mirabili, anyway.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yes, it's a bit of a challenge.  Much easier if you have the original in the other hand.  It's a wonderful translation. ("Burr, burr, burr. Quid est causae cur?", recited to a humming of bees.)  I haven't read Latin deliberately since high school, but something like that at least makes me smile.  More than Alicia in Terra Mirabili, anyway.  

In university I read Horace, Caesar, and Cicero in the original.

Who'd have thunk I'd be laid low by A. A. Milne and Winnie the Pooh?

*snickers* hate all you want.. make veiled insults or threats all ya want.. make judgments all ya want. it just shows what sort of person you really are on the inside. thanks for all the fish... yall keep failing.. its quite funny..

oh and some of you really need to grow up; the use of the laugh is not always scorn. sometimes im really just laughing.. if its at your or not or what you post or not.. now that is the question.. and if it bothers you so much about its use.. too bad.. it just means your not as mature or secure in yourself or opinions or thoughts as you like to think at times.

you like to dish out sarcasm and scorn to anyone you dont like or agree with, but if anyone ever does it to you heaven forbid.

personally I don't care if your laughing at me or with me.. im not that childish to worry what some random person on some forum thinks about me so much. unlike some of you seem to be at times.

oh and the use of troll anywhere near me is a compliment not an insult. if I can push your buttons enough that you use that childish word it proves how immature you really are. even if you try and claim the opposite. your not fooling anyone but yourself.

i don't really care if you like what I say or how i say it or why I say it. im not here for that sort of inclusion.. i don't let people online control how i chose to act or respond as long as is within the tos and community rules decided by the mods.

im not going to sugar coat my words because it might make one of you upset or mad or not like me. I am a big enough and old enough to not need to be friends who get so easily bent out of shape because they cannot handle me not agreeing with them or with their friends.

you might like to think your morals or ethics are so important or special, while their not and neither are mine and I know and accept this. but seems some of you cant. you might think your likes or dislikes are so important.. nope. You might think everyone has to like you or agree with you. nope. you might think everyone has to be nice to you.. nope. you might think that others have to care how you feel at all.. nope.. same goes for me and i accept it without any problems.

so yall can continue to hate me or insult me or attack me in what ever way floats your boat. your not hurting me at all. your just wasting your time and energy and breath, its not going to effect me or change me ever. its only going to make me laugh at you and all the energy you wasted doing so.

Tdlr; for those who can't understand. I don't do the childish peer pressure game..of intimidation or bullying to try and get someone to behave how I want. It doesn't work on me and never will.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

That feeling when you can’t find the right reaction gif that won’t get you banned. 

4C624EAD-AB03-4A75-B4D6-8D646D08EA65.gif.5d7fe7767dfdcb861470e97f54b2450f.gif

I was going to say there is usually a Taylor Swift gif for everything, even if you're not a fan. But looking at your gif above... maybe not?

Somehow her getting violent with a bat, surrounded by people in cat masks isn't quite the same feel...

giphy (2).gif

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Why embarrassed???

Why am I embarrassed? Much of it has to simply to do with shyness. I grew up reading those stories too. Yes, a heffalump can be quite a scary thing no? Poor Piglet hearing Pooh down in that pit wrestling around with the honey pot he got stuck on his head! ;)

• Haha 1

Current mini peeve: I've been looking through the marketplace for ruffle socks in basic colors. The socks with the lace ruffles at the edges. I've been wanting to add some to my wardrobe to wear with my vintage dresses and shoes. No luck so far. I'm beginning to think I'm too picky. 🙄

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

*snickers* hate all you want.. make veiled insults or threats all ya want.. make judgments all ya want. it just shows what sort of person you really are on the inside. thanks for all the fish... yall keep failing.. its quite funny..

oh and some of you really need to grow up; the use of the laugh is not always scorn. sometimes im really just laughing.. if its at your or not or what you post or not.. now that is the question.. and if it bothers you so much about its use.. too bad.. it just means your not as mature or secure in yourself or opinions or thoughts as you like to think at times.

you like to dish out sarcasm and scorn to anyone you dont like or agree with, but if anyone ever does it to you heaven forbid.

personally I don't care if your laughing at me or with me.. im not that childish to worry what some random person on some forum thinks about me so much. unlike some of you seem to be at times.

oh and the use of troll anywhere near me is a compliment not an insult. if I can push your buttons enough that you use that childish word it proves how immature you really are. even if you try and claim the opposite. your not fooling anyone but yourself.

i don't really care if you like what I say or how i say it or why I say it. im not here for that sort of inclusion.. i don't let people online control how i chose to act or respond as long as is within the tos and community rules decided by the mods.

im not going to sugar coat my words because it might make one of you upset or mad or not like me. I am a big enough and old enough to not need to be friends who get so easily bent out of shape because they cannot handle me not agreeing with them or with their friends.

you might like to think your morals or ethics are so important or special, while their not and neither are mine and I know and accept this. but seems some of you cant. you might think your likes or dislikes are so important.. nope. You might think everyone has to like you or agree with you. nope. you might think everyone has to be nice to you.. nope. you might think that others have to care how you feel at all.. nope.. same goes for me and i accept it without any problems.

so yall can continue to hate me or insult me or attack me in what ever way floats your boat. your not hurting me at all. your just wasting your time and energy and breath, its not going to effect me or change me ever. its only going to make me laugh at you and all the energy you wasted doing so.

34A79E37-DF82-4FFF-9317-6F00FC0CFFD4.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.