What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

they were just doing what you yourself was doing.. ignoring the lockdown... so they are no more at fault for being there either.

picking up your car or not you were still ignoring the lockdown too.

its funny when people complain about what others were doing when they were doing it themselves too.

Belinda is in the UK, so the 'annual test' is the car's MOT. Which - under current UK COVID-19 regulations - is still compulsory. It was only non-compulsory (existing MOTs were extended by 6 months) under the first lockdown.

Coronavirus (COVID-19): changes to MOTs

There are some changes to MOT tests because of coronavirus (COVID-19). How this affects you depends on when your MOT is due to expire.

30 March to 31 July
Your MOT will be automatically extended for 6 months because of coronavirus.

Example: Your vehicle’s MOT was due to expire on 3 April 2020.

This will automatically be extended to 3 October 2020. You will need to get your MOT by this date.

Your MOT will renew on the extension date if your vehicle passes its MOT first time. If it fails, your MOT will renew on the date it passes after that.

Before 30 March or after 31 July
You must book an MOT as usual.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/getting-an-mot

The only exceptions right now are if:

• you have (or someone you live with has) coronavirus symptoms
  • you have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace because you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

they were just doing what you yourself was doing.. ignoring the lockdown... so they are no more at fault for being there either.

picking up your car or not you were still ignoring the lockdown too.

its funny when people complain about what others were doing when they were doing it themselves too.

Pay attention DD, and listen to Uncle Skell.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

I would of liked to have said something like that too. It just seems my brain freezes up in situations like that. 

@RowanMinx @LittleMe Jewell gave me an idea.

As much as I dislike gestures, I thought I should make one for this situation.  It'll save on typing.  I can pass you a copy inworld if you like.

• Thanks 2

On 11/18/2020 at 6:37 AM, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

lesson learned, give them the money next time and let them buy it for themselves. yes it might supposed to have been a gift or surprise. but it still works either way.

Another reason that works better is that they can get redeliveries themselves because I think for gifts, only the gifter can access redeliveries, not the recipient.

ETA: Oh and there's also the gift card option.

Edited by AdminGirl
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

@RowanMinx @LittleMe Jewell gave me an idea.

As much as I dislike gestures, I thought I should make one for this situation.  It'll save on typing.  I can pass you a copy inworld if you like.

Thank you for the kind thought. I do appreciate the offer very much. I'm not certain that is how I wish to handle situations where the person isn't likely to listen to anything said from gesture or through written word. I think at a certain point they are beyond listening.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

I'm not certain that is how I wish to handle situations where the person isn't likely to listen to anything said from gesture or through written word. I think at a certain point they are beyond listening.

THIS 👆 ❤️  I wouldn't even waste your time and energy on them! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Thank you for the kind thought. I do appreciate the offer very much. I'm not certain that is how I wish to handle situations where the person isn't likely to listen to anything said from gesture or through written word. I think at a certain point they are beyond listening.

My guess is that the offered gesture would be more for your (and possibly others') amusement than for actually managing to get through to the person it is directed at.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My guess is that the offered gesture would be more for your (and possibly others') amusement than for actually managing to get through to the person it is directed at.

I actually had never thought of that. I do apologize to @Eddy Vortexif I did misunderstand. Thank you for pointing that out.

• Like 3

On 11/18/2020 at 3:52 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

To be fair, chocolate really IS essential - at least to my mental health.

It's essential for my Dad, he is a diabetic and a choclate bar can sometimes be the difference between life or diabetic coma.

Peeve:

My body, excuse you body but it's rude to scareme with a cough and ear aches during covid time. Please cease and desist.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Robin Kiyori said:

It's essential for my Dad, he is a diabetic and a choclate bar can sometimes be the difference between life or diabetic coma.

True - I always keep some sort of candy on hand when I'm with my mom.

While I was 'somewhat' making like of the 'chocolate being essential' topic, besides the diabetic aspect, there have been studies that show that chocolate really can help with mental health.  And most days, I'll take all the help I can get.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

True - I always keep some sort of candy on hand when I'm with my mom.

While I was 'somewhat' making like of the 'chocolate being essential' topic, besides the diabetic aspect, there have been studies that show that chocolate really can help with mental health.  And most days, I'll take all the help I can get.

Completely understandable, explains why at my most depressive I can consume almost all cholcate like some terrifying edlrich god feeding on souls.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

It's true some people are not worth the keystrokes.  Praise be to the block function.

7 hours ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:
12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I actually had never thought of that. I do apologize to @Eddy Vortexif I did misunderstand. Thank you for pointing that out.

No worries. I don't do voice either and sometimes get hassled for it. Rowan and LittleMe's comments are so on point they make for a nifty macro so I wouldn't have to bang out a dissertation. ;)

Obnoxious people don't deserve a dignified answer.  For them, I speak in memes to generally amuse myself.  They'll get a homemade gesture that goes, "No voice. Because FU, that's why." (heh heh)

Today's peeve:  People with slender bodies and heads too big, out of proportion.  I've been seeing a lot of this lately, and all I can think of is that their head is just going to fall off any minute.  It is a bad as the ones with huge upper bodies and tiny heads.

It's really pushing my aesthetic button, which really doesn't happen very often.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Today's peeve:  People with slender bodies and heads too big, out of proportion.  I've been seeing a lot of this lately, and all I can think of is that their head is just going to fall off any minute.  It is a bad as the ones with huge upper bodies and tiny heads.

It's really pushing my aesthetic button, which really doesn't happen very often.

You mean like this

477068_361970667185050_148005368581582_883111_1369491311_o.jpg

• Like 1

#1 - Makeup creators that do not include a texture showing all of the colors, so I have to try them all on.

#2 - Makeup creators that include a texture but the ordering of the colors on the texture has no relation at all to the numbering of the colors in the folder - so I still have to try them all on to find the one I want.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

#1 - Makeup creators that do not include a texture showing all of the colors, so I have to try them all on.

#2 - Makeup creators that include a texture but the ordering of the colors on the texture has no relation at all to the numbering of the colors in the folder - so I still have to try them all on to find the one I want.

I was just complaining about this yesterday with a hair base.  I had to try each one on to find the color I wanted.  I'll have to go back and snap a pic of the vendor which did have a pic of the colors.

LePunk always seems to add a texture that corresponds to the way they are listed in the folder.  Zibska does too although hers can be a little dramatic for most people.  I've also noticed the eye shadow from lepunk for genus works pretty well on my lelutka...just an fyi.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I was just complaining about this yesterday with a hair base.  I had to try each one on to find the color I wanted.  I'll have to go back and snap a pic of the vendor which did have a pic of the colors.

LePunk always seems to add a texture that corresponds to the way they are listed in the folder.  Zibska does too although hers can be a little dramatic for most people.  I've also noticed the eye shadow from lepunk for genus works pretty well on my lelutka...just an fyi.

For some of the ones that include a texture, but the texture order doesn't really correlate in any way to the lip/shadow number, I have taken a picture of the palette texture and then added numbers in my photo editor.  I need to get this done for the others, but it takes time -- putting each one on and letting the system bake/rez it, making the notation, take off & put on next one, rinse, repeat.

For the ones without any texture, it never dawned on me to go back and take a picture of the vendor..... DUH.  B|

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For some of the ones that include a texture, but the texture order doesn't really correlate in any way to the lip/shadow number, I have taken a picture of the palette texture and then added numbers in my photo editor.  I need to get this done for the others, but it takes time -- putting each one on and letting the system bake/rez it, making the notation, take off & put on next one, rinse, repeat.

For the ones without any texture, it never dawned on me to go back and take a picture of the vendor..... DUH.  B|

I've done the numbered picture thing too.  I don't know why if they've bothered to include the texture, why the can't simply number them correctly. 

In fact, next time I'm in, I going to send a note about the hairbases.  

• Like 2

Another one is when you say (or when someone comes over pre-covid) that you're using Windows 7 --- you need to upgrade NOW! And when I say I like having control of the machine, they say W10 does that for you.  No, I don't want MS telling me how to set up my comp. I do have a few machines with difference OSs, but prefer my W7 one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Another one is when you say (or when someone comes over pre-covid) that you're using Windows 7 --- you need to upgrade NOW! And when I say I like having control of the machine, they say W10 does that for you.  No, I don't want MS telling me how to set up my comp. I do have a few machines with difference OSs, but prefer my W7 one.

I vm different os's for what ever I need or want. mac..android, linux..windows..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.