What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is not an SL one it's a YouTube one. Lately YouTube has been on this banning and suspension spree of accounts, these people have gotten them back. But it's the fact that YouTube holds these people to the community guidelines. But don't give celebrities that same treatment, and most of the stuff people are getting hit for. These celebrities get away with. That drives me insane, why do we have set standards on YouTube, when Youtube can't even hold those same standards up to a certain groop of people (Celebrities)

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

This is not an SL one it's a YouTube one. Lately YouTube has been on this banning and suspension spree of accounts, these people have gotten them back. But it's the fact that YouTube holds these people to the community guidelines. But don't give celebrities that same treatment, and most of the stuff people are getting hit for. These celebrities get away with. That drives me insane, why do we have set standards on YouTube, when Youtube can't even hold those same standards up to a certain groop of people (Celebrities)

I see Twitter do this too. Especially when a high-profile person making outrageous tweets, but that is a rant for another day and thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

I really made a mess trying to quote things! Grrr. That is my peeve for the day. Sorry for the mess!

I would offer the kitteh sympathetic hugs if I wasn't terrified of getting my eyes scratched out. 😉🤗😂

image.png.b709ebe6005cafecfe65ac57386edf9d.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

Kitteh is grumpeh.

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur ...

... Scratchy kitty, bitey kitty, grr, grr, grr! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur ...

... Scratchy kitty, bitey kitty, grr, grr, grr! 

Sometimes when kitteh is feeling this way, the best thing is to put her in her quiet place.

And I know it isn't just me with this opinion/observation, but putting the "covers" on to make this PG (cough) and fit into the guidelines, just makes the photo MORE risque. God forbid anyone should see a woman's body, right?

pg version of kitteh in cage at erobos.png

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

Peeve: Well, its really "people" of course, but more specifically: folks wandering in here wanting "us" to do their work for them. This takes so many forms. Maybe it is the person who hasn't taken the least bit of energy to try to google the information themselves. Maybe it is the student who wants us to do their legwork for a paper. Maybe it is a wannabe designer wanting us to do their research for them. Maybe it is the person who wants "us" to write their new, cool, stylin e-mag for free. Maybe it is ...

There are a lot of them that come and go on the forums. To be fair, it isn't just SL forums. Because: People.

Kitteh is grumpeh.

7 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

I think that if @Jordan Whitt got her wish and became a unicorn and stabbed stupid people with her head, she'd soon need to be refitted for that horn.

unicorn-cupcakes-today-041918-tease_6078

• Thanks 1

Peeve list:

1) People, including cats, who flounce out. Back in. Out. Like... use the effing cat door, ok?

2) Doms. Non-doms. Males. Yeah. Let's just say, "males."

3) Fair-weather doms, friends, acquaintances

4) Ghosting. Are you effing kidding me? :::writes entire rant and deletes it::: Grow the eff up. In NO universe is ghosting the "easy" thing to do. The ghost has to live with the knowledge that they are immature, weak, cowardly and mean. The ghostee... well. 

5) Isn't this all just: People.

Yup, see. It is always: People.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Yup, see. It is always: People.

People are literally ALWAYS the problem. Just had to agree with that part :) 

I'm not grumpy, just coming to the realization that more and more people suck, not the good kind, and a huge portion of them always have. It has nothing to do with any virus, pandemic, current events, or anything....people are just using it as an excuse to be a-holes of epic proportion because they assume others will be all "oh, it's okay, you're going through a rough time"

Itch, please, we're all going through a rough time. People are dying, people are losing their homes and jobs, unable to pay their bills, missing their friends and family. It's not a free for all pass to be a douche, though. It never has been, and until this year, we've (society) never accepted it as such. 

I'm actually quite a happy person, in all honesty, just tired of the expectations of the world around me that involve me putting up with others' spit far too long, keeping my lips glued, my tongue tied and my hands under my own ass for the sake of others.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

No, just, no, lol. I can't accept that it's perfectly okay for people to be a-holes, but not perfectly okay for me to respond to said a-holeness. That goes for anyone, really. I can't accept that others have to be nice, or rather not be upfront, honest, blunt when necessary, simply because someone is going through a rough time or wants to pretend to be butthurt because everyone else is using that excuse too, so why not. In my world, it's all or nothing. You either accept that you're acting like an a-hole and people are okay to respond in kind calling you out on it until you knock it off, or you find something to do with yourself that occupies your time until you can not be an annoying a-hole and knock it off on your own. That's what many people do. and most used to do, when life struggles and whatnot get in the way. 

But annoyingness is a whole 'nother can of worms. I don't accept that the current state of affairs is a free for all for people to be annoying and I have to accept that this is who and what they are, and never inform them they are being annoying a-holes. 

It might read like I'm grumpy, unhappy, angry, whatever, but I' really not. In fact, I'm laughing my ass off typing this up, because it's friggen hilarious and way overdue. I am alive, I have an amazing family, I have a home. Those three things might not always be the most steady,  other things may threaten them at times,  I might struggle with them, but I still have them and will always have them, until the day that I die. Through that, I can always find reason to be happy, even when people annoy the ever loving truck out of me. That reason to be happy, is why I can laugh at the sheer asshatery of people and the audacity to believe they can behave and speak  without nary a response from others  in kind.

LMAO

Yes, yes I shall respond in kind when the need arises. You don't have to accept it, you don't have to like it, you don't have to read it, you don't have to agree with it. I'm cool with all of those. But I won't simply "not say it" because god forbid someone call someone out on their monkeyspit. 

:D

And this is why I shall remain in this particular thread, almost exclusively, because I have a feeling, I'm not the only one that feels this way. But I will also likely offend someone if I dare venture anywhere else. I may have sensitive feelings at times (who doesn't, really), but those are the times I avoid or get away from situations where my very raised hackles may be strained even further and I'll feel hurt by something someone says or does. I was always taught this is common sense, but I was also taught and have come to learn that common sense isn't very common and certainly has gone down hill in recent years. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This ^^   I am getting a headache from whacking in to all of the doors.

That and the ones that put all the windows in the front  of the store where you walk up the stairs and run into them , because they are so clear you don't know which one is the entrance.. Then find out they put in two entrances on each  side of all the windows..

• Like 6

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Store owners that have their doors set to physical and don't have something to trigger them opening before I actually hit them and bounce back.

We are also related. :)

Even when not in cat avatar. Bounce off a "wait? that's a window? it looked like an opening!" or "wait? this doesn't automatically open in 2020?" and I look around, see who has seen me do that, and then pretend like I meant to do that.  Ever seen a cat do something stupid? They do that. Stupid thing, then start grooming themselves like, "It is just all part of the coolness that is me."

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Store owners that have their doors set to physical and don't have something to trigger them opening before I actually hit them and bounce back.

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

tenor (5).gif

46 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That and the ones that put all the windows in the front  of the store where you walk up the stairs and run into them , because they are so clear you don't know which one is the entrance.. Then find out they put in two entrances on each  side of all the windows..

16 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Even when not in cat avatar. Bounce of a "wait? that's a window? it looked like an opening!" or "wait? this doesn't automatically open in 2020?" and I look around, see who has seen me do that, and then pretend like I meant to do that.  Ever seen a cat do something stupid? They do that. Stupid thing, then start grooming themselves like, "It is just all part of the coolness that is me."

This soooooo me. All of it.

Let's start a club! All new members get free nose splints.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Even when not in cat avatar. Bounce of a "wait? that's a window? it looked like an opening!" or "wait? this doesn't automatically open in 2020?" and I look around, see who has seen me do that, and then pretend like I meant to do that.  Ever seen a cat do something stupid? They do that. Stupid thing, then start grooming themselves like, "It is just all part of the coolness that is me."

I look around too to see if anyone noticed me walking into the window.  Always nice to know I'm not the only one!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

I look around, see who has seen me do that, and then pretend like I meant to do that.

The only person ever fooled by this is Pooh Bear.

"What?" said Piglet, with a jump. And then, to show that he hadn't been frightened, he jumped up and down once or twice more in an exercising sort of way.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.