Name Changes Contest Winners!

Keira Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Call me grumpy, salty and mean, but THAT are the winning names? Yikes.

Yes, I was thinking, people waited two years for this? Will be interesting to see what the uptake is. None of them would interest me in the least, most are some kind of cutesy name. And I thought we already had Littlepaws from the old days.

18 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

Any chance that non-winning name suggestions will show up as last names in the future? I can't imagine they are all now off limits to being used by LL. 

as far i did understand from earlier announcements, these are just a selection as encouragement to contribute ..the others will be in the list to pick later.

• Like 2

I don't think that the initial name selection will be limited to just those 8 names that won the contest.  I think that they will be included in a larger set of available names.

I do kind of like Ravenhurst I'm just not sure yet about whether I want to change my name, and if I did whether I should change the first name also.

21 hours ago, Keira Linden said:

Thank you to everyone who submitted entries to the Name Changes Contest!  We apologize that it took so long to announce the winners - but we had an overwhelming response (over 2400 Residents responded)! It was such a great list of names to go through, that it took just a bit longer than anticipated to whittle it down.  So, without further delay, I give you the first 8 (yes, 8. I couldn't narrow it down to just 5!) last names chosen for the list:

Conundrum
Dismantled
Huntsman
Littlepaws
Nova
Ravenhurst
Wumpkins
Yeetly

The winners have been notified via email, so if you suggested one of those names, be on the lookout for an email from me.  

Sorry no this was dumb idea to begin with. I am not paying hard earned good money to only chose from 8 last names. Now if I had choice to make my own sure I probably would. But there are hundreds of thousands of us on this site to only share 8 last names? NO THANKS I like my  name to be me, unique & different not have everyone basically have same 8 last names if I am wrong & it will be more than 8 names better be like 100's to chose from so least it can be little unique but even still NOPE I shall stick with my own. 

Edited by RoryVenom
forgot to say somethin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, RoryVenom said:

Sorry no this was dumb idea to begin with. I am not paying hard earned good money to only chose from 8 last names. Now if I had choice to make my own sure I probably would. But there are hundreds of thousands of us on this site to only share 8 last names? NO THANKS I like my  name to be me, unique & different not have everyone basically have same 8 last names if I am wrong & it will be more than 8 names better be like 100's to chose from so least it can be little unique but even still NOPE I shall stick with my own. 

I don't think it was ever pitched as anything more than this in the first place. I wanted to have a different last name, and knew this is the option we would have, so I just created a new account with the names I wanted squished together. Closest thing you are going to get.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RoryVenom said:

to only chose from 8 last names. ...only share 8 last names? NO THANKS ....everyone basically have same 8 last names.....better be like 100's to chose from so least it can be little unique but even still NOPE I shall stick with my own. 

it's already explained dozens of times it are not just 8 names, but these are picked as winners.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

I submitted 30 name suggestions myself for the contest, and I was disappointed that one of them were chosen.

I quite like "Conundrum", thiugh!

Here was my list of submissions. I checked and none of them had been used before by LL. (I thought Kerfuffle would be a sure-fire winner!)

Skywalker

Culprit

Woodstock

Agent

Kerfuffle

Bystander

Fashionista

Doublecross

Dithers

Deutschland

Carnival

Canada

Hijinks

Flabbergast

Willow

Pretend

Lookalike

Bupkis

Instigator

Representative

Bindernagel

Drag

Model

Tchotchke

Byzantine

Solarflare

Lagfest

Simcrossing

Blunder

BikiniKangaroo

Zilch

Celebrity

Blunderbuss

Excalibur

Fortytwo

I love many of these! The way LL operates most of the time, I'm not 100% convinced they even looked at all ~7,200. It seems that a lot of what they do is half arsed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoryVenom said:

No clue where you got the idea that there would be only 8 names to choose from.  Obviously, you have not been actually paying attention to this whole name change things. The 8 are simply the ones that LL chose as best "in their view" and thus the people that submitted those names will get a free name change.

When we originally had last names, every rotation of names had anywhere from 30-50 names, if I remember correctly - maybe more.

I wouldn't be surprised to fined that eventually every suggestion put into the contest that wasn't tossed out for a legit reason (had been used before, considered hateful slang or cuss word in some other language/culture, etc...) will eventually make it on to the list.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Odaks said:

The real fun starts with a good first name. I've come up with:-

Cosmic Conundrum

Brokan Dismantled

Tart Huntsman

Thoughtful Littlepaws

Bossy Nova

The last three are proving harder; so far I have;-

Mad Ravenhurst

Bumpy Wumpkins

Compel Yeetly

Any further offers?

• Paradox Conundrum
  • Kaput Dismantled
  • Headless Huntsman
  • Titchy Littlepaws
  • Supa Nova
  • Phantom Ravenhurst
  • Neetly Yeetly

I'm drawing a blank on Wumpkins.

12 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Molly is absolutely a Wumpkins.

I think anyone who would pay to have a last name is an absolute Wumpkins. But the sheeple will do it. 

On 2/21/2020 at 11:12 PM, Keira Linden said:

Thank you to everyone who submitted entries to the Name Changes Contest!  We apologize that it took so long to announce the winners - but we had an overwhelming response (over 2400 Residents responded)! It was such a great list of names to go through, that it took just a bit longer than anticipated to whittle it down.  So, without further delay, I give you the first 8 (yes, 8. I couldn't narrow it down to just 5!) last names chosen for the list:

Conundrum
Dismantled
Huntsman
Littlepaws
Nova
Ravenhurst
Wumpkins
Yeetly

The winners have been notified via email, so if you suggested one of those names, be on the lookout for an email from me.  

13 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

I submitted 30 name suggestions myself for the contest, and I was disappointed that one of them were chosen.

I quite like "Conundrum", thiugh!

Here was my list of submissions. I checked and none of them had been used before by LL. (I thought Kerfuffle would be a sure-fire winner!)

Skywalker

Culprit

Woodstock

Agent

Kerfuffle

Bystander

Fashionista

Doublecross

Dithers

Deutschland

Carnival

Canada

Hijinks

Flabbergast

Willow

Pretend

Lookalike

Bupkis

Instigator

Representative

Bindernagel

Drag

Model

Tchotchke

Byzantine

Solarflare

Lagfest

Simcrossing

Blunder

BikiniKangaroo

Zilch

Celebrity

Blunderbuss

Excalibur

Fortytwo

I love these names Doublecross is my fav sounds like a 40s mystery.  Great submissions

• Like 2

My question is how many of the Lindens voted on the names?  it seems in the single digits.   The fact they got that many submissions means this is a very big deal for alot of Residents.  From what names ive read posted here the majority entered are sooo much better/more creative/etc then those that won!   My wish is LL would take the suggestions and put them in the drop downs what didnt win because most are great what a great creative community we have! I cant wait for the rollout of this!  please dont make us wait till well i dont want to give a date xd

Edited by FredrickF
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.