Name Changes Contest Winners!

Keira Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Maples

Dapperkin

Stepford

Draper

Canfield

Burgess

Grayson

Wassa

Davenport

Some people may want name goes with them or have fairy tale  life they want. Couple partner want the same last name or friends want to be twins. Or a role play name. 

loveyou.gif

Edited by Vanoralynna
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Zipe Kirkorian said:

Have to say, very disappointed with the choice of winners. Sour grapes on my part I know. But I won’t choose any of these. I want to choose my own last name, damn you LL. Maybe I entered too many times, but why no love for:

Mirage
Chimera
Cinnabar
Incognito (I mean, come on!)
MacGuffin
Telosian (a Star Trek reference)
Tumbleweed
Havana
Kashmir
Casablanca
Shaggybreeches
Zarathustra
Beelzebub
Methuselah  (a good one for us old-timers)

And there were more, so many more.

Now, I know they were never going to choose ‘PoutyMcPoutFace’ - but half of SL needs this name!

Great submissions i love them all 

• Like 1

Welp, my cousin (alt) did not win either and she submitted a lot of entries, c’est la vie! Guess I gotta just buy her one eventually. She’s such a freeloader, I swear.

And from the looks of things, there were a ton of great (and useful) names submitted so a big congrats to the winners.  The competition was fun too so thanks @Keira Linden for choosing a few extra winners. I’m really looking forward to last names landing once again. 

Edited by Fauve Aeon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FredrickF said:

you may be joking  i cant tell but it states must be a business name not personal last name.

Nope it’s not a joke. You can indeed choose your own personal last name. Sorta. It’s more...you buy the name and rent it yearly and can create accounts for that name. Your actual main avatars name won’t change. I think it’s more for organisations and businesses but I don’t see any reason a normal resident couldn’t pay for it

5 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

Nope it’s not a joke. You can indeed choose your own personal last name. Sorta. It’s more...you buy the name and rent it yearly and can create accounts for that name. Your actual main avatars name won’t change. I think it’s more for organisations and businesses but I don’t see any reason a normal resident couldn’t pay for it

Right its only designed for organizations and businesses regular surnames are not allowed per rules. This may confuse alot of people but heres what we are referencing

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Custom_Name_Program

This is completely different from the name changes on their way (although makes me wonder if both will continue to co-exist as one is for businesses/organizations and the other which is to come personal surnames)

1 hour ago, FredrickF said:

Right its only designed for organizations and businesses regular surnames are not allowed per rules. This may confuse alot of people but heres what we are referencing

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Custom_Name_Program

This is completely different from the name changes on their way (although makes me wonder if both will continue to co-exist as one is for businesses/organizations and the other which is to come personal surnames)

Well yeah. Both will continue. If a business or organisation wanted a dedicated surname then it would allow them to have one. If I am honest though I think these days it’s a dusty old forgotten about feature that was more prevalent in SL during its golden era 06,07,08 sorta time 

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2020 at 5:12 PM, Keira Linden said:

Conundrum
Dismantled
Huntsman
Littlepaws
Nova
Ravenhurst
Wumpkins
Yeetly

Soonish Conundrum
Soon Dismantled
Sooner Huntsman
Soony Littlepaws
SoopaSooner Nova
Soona Ravenhurst
SoonyWoony Wumpkins
SoonYall Yeetly

👁👄👁

• Haha 2

On 2/23/2020 at 11:41 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

You were only allowed 3 per submission, but the submission form had a link at the bottom for you to do another submission.

From the rules I read, we were allowed only 3.  So, I did not bother.. I guess I need to pay more attention in the future. 

Hello,

don't know if I am right here with my question. 

From all that names Ravenhurst would fit best to my alt, I think but it would not be my first choice.

Problem is that my first name is Ehawee2016 (Resident) and if I would choose Ravenhurst, Ehawee2016 Ravenhurst would sound bad.

It is possible to change the first name too so my name could be Ehawee Ravenhurst? If not a change for me would have no sense. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.