How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

vXp9LndJ59BVqNsC_PT_jBKZajbyESaolms1vgVE

Zomg. I can't tell if that is a real Exotic Shorthair cat or a PhotoShopped one, and I don't really care. In my fantasy life I get to have a pet cat and I want an Exotic SH sooooo badly. This lil one is so adorable. My fave would be a brown tabby and white, but I'd take this red tabby and white in a heartbeat. Major "awwwwww" overload here.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Stormee, I am fond of you in my own way, you know that, but I would kindly ask that you leave this particular thread. You may dislike me for this, and I will take my chances - I certainly don't want to go off you - but I need this thread for what it is meant to be, a place of comfort and support for some of us who need to offload in this way sometimes. 

I will respect your request.

My humble apologies to all who were offended.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today my mood has lifted somewhat. Funny really, because only one thing has changed...…….my sinusitis loosened off this morning, and delivered a large package, best not described here. But after this nasal purge...…..I suddenly felt much better. Most odd. Even my chesty cough seems improved, so maybe the nasal drip from the sinus infection was holding it .

I went to mothers.....she's now decided to stay in bed for the rest of her life by the look of it. I took some provisions, and the little corner shop actually has fully stocked shelves, and I got some tomato puree!!!! Hurrah!!!!!!!!! And the local pharmacy has hand gel...…..Hurrah!!!!

Things are not so bad today. :)

• Like 11

I just got back from the grocery store.  Shopping for supper is like an episode of chopped.  What can you make with these mystery ingredients?

I got ground beef at least.  Also some peper-jack cheese.  No bread but I can make tortillas.  Looks like we are having quesadillas tonight!

• Like 8

Since many of the stores here have now announced that the first hour will be reserved for those 60+, I can send my husband over early in the morning tomorrow or Sat and maybe have a chance of picking up a few things that I haven't been able to get. 

I'm more okay than I have been in a while.  However, I'm between assignments at work and so taking some online classes, but the instructor is SUPER BORING.  It is really hard listening to an online video when the speaker is really dull.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I have just been sent home from work, with a fever and a banging headache. So this is me starting my 7 days of lockdown.

Only 7 days ?  We are being told to isolate for 14 days if we have any exposure or show any symptoms. 

Sending wishes your way that it doesn't become severe and you recover soon.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Only 7 days ?  We are being told to isolate for 14 days if we have any exposure or show any symptoms. 

here we have 3 weeks of quarantine for school ,college and universities) and inspectors are warching these students not to talk around with big crowds.Never thought i will see something like that before

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I think its 7 days if you are isolating alone and 14 if there are others in the household.  At least thats how I understand it in the UK.

I have been preparing for next week when the child has no school possibly until September 😮 .  I have a quiet area set up away from all devices as well as his PC area and if the weather is good we have loads of gardening things we can do too.  Its keeping me busy and distracted at least

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Here in the UK they are saying 7 days once symptoms have started, 14 days for possible exposure and/or family members showing symptoms.

Not feeling too bad at the moment; well enough to have carried on working at least for the rest of the day, but neither I nor my manager were willing to take the risk. I got home to find my partner with the same symptoms.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

about time I checked in..

Like most, I've been living each day by ear while it's become increasingly difficult to make plans, including social, work and financial decisions - my dayjob has finally announced we're closing tomorrow, a huge relief in one way, but pay is still uncertain. I'm hoping the fact that I and the other agency worker we still had left we're specifically told today we'd be involved in the online provision the team will be putting together means there will still be some work/pay available. One of my other music workshop jobs has shut down until the people above design a viable way to resume via an online service. Meanwhile, developing online expansion of my own business is something I've had on hold for a while..

There are people I'm worried about - my dad and stepmother in Cyprus - she's already pretty ill and housebound with just my dad and what little extra help they can afford keeping her going. They desperately needed to move back to the UK this year and are now unable to make any plans.. My closest local friend is older with disabilities and lives out in one of the villages without much support. I'm on hand to deliver supplies and her daughter is hoping to get out of London to come and be with her...so fingers crossed we'll keep her safe between us.

Then there's my kids..they'll be with me during the day next week, but my ex and I haven't otherwise broached isolating and potential illness. It's going to be on me to get these conversations happening.

Wishing you all reassurance, safety and companionship as we get through this. I'll be flitting around various social media as and when I can, including checking for messages from anyone who just needs to chat or vent xx

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

13 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It is 14 days Lil . 

Please be safe and healthy everyone, sending all my loving vibes to the whole world. 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 6

*sheds a single tear as she reluctantly crosses all the newly-confessed Virgos off her fantasy quarantine-roomie list*

(Libran)

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Today my mood has lifted somewhat. Funny really, because only one thing has changed...…….my sinusitis loosened off this morning, and delivered a large package, best not described here. But after this nasal purge...…..I suddenly felt much better. Most odd. Even my chesty cough seems improved, so maybe the nasal drip from the sinus infection was holding it .

I went to mothers.....she's now decided to stay in bed for the rest of her life by the look of it. I took some provisions, and the little corner shop actually has fully stocked shelves, and I got some tomato puree!!!! Hurrah!!!!!!!!! And the local pharmacy has hand gel...…..Hurrah!!!!

Things are not so bad today. :)

It is the little things that can make or break a day sometimes. What an amazing little corner shop you have there. I've not been able to face the big supermarkets since last Friday, when it was like some kind of zombie apocalypse. I didn't think to buy toilet rolls, only went in for a cooked chicken and a couple of bits really. 

These are strange times.

I got called "a sexy woman" by a (female) student working in my brother's local shop yesterday. The way it was said to me, I take as a great compliment. She is on a course which entails fashion and photography and is looking for models to help her with end of term projects, as her young friends all have cried off one by one because of the fears created by the media. Maybe she'll get extra points for having a slightly more unusual 'model' to work with - maybe she will create the plus size age appropriate (ie not white!) wedding dress of my dreams ;) 

7 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I just got back from the grocery store.  Shopping for supper is like an episode of chopped.  What can you make with these mystery ingredients?

I got ground beef at least.  Also some peper-jack cheese.  No bread but I can make tortillas.  Looks like we are having quesadillas tonight!

Similar programme here is called "Ready Steady Cook" (I think). Quesadillas sound delicious. I had some leftover vegetables and made a sort of ratatouille, just to have with brown rice. Fresh pears and evaporated milk for dessert - an old favourite from childhood.

Stay as well as you can everyone, isolate with your nearest and dearest whenever and wherever possible. And to those who are down with viruses, rest, drink lots of hot and cold drinks, and get well soon!

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.