How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'm cleaning out the refridgerater.

That's how bloody bored I am. 

Oh gosh, that's another of those jobs I've been putting off for so long, I am currently unable to even open my ice box door (luckily no ice cream in it).  All I have in my fridge is butter and squash. I could have left it to defrost overnight while I am at my brother's house too. Darn it. 

• Like 3

I honestly didn't expect to need this thread again (in the way it was intended when I started it in December) but over the next few weeks, I think it's going to be just as necessary. 

So... as a gentle reminder to anyone who stumbles in... you don't have to be a happy unicorn farting rainbows here. Be mad, angry, sad, depressed, whatever... and no one will chastise you for it. No one will tell you to just smile or whatever. At least, they better not. 😋

It's going to be a rough month. Those of us who live alone are going to feel incredibly isolated, and those of us who live with others are going to get incredibly sick of each other. 

So, yes, please, if/when you feel at your breaking point, reach out here and unload. I have a feeling we're all going to need it. ❤️

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

It's going to be a rough month. Those of us who live alone are going to feel incredibly isolated, and those of us who live with others are going to get incredibly sick of each other. 

I was just reading a few articles on how difficult these isolation orders are going to be on people as time goes on.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was just reading a few articles on how difficult these isolation orders are going to be on people as time goes on.  

No kidding. I am a natural extrovert; I'd be out of the house every night of the week, if my wallet allowed it. I swear, SL will be the only thing that keeps me sane in isolation. 

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

No kidding. I am a natural extrovert; I'd be out of the house every night of the week, if my wallet allowed it. I swear, SL will be the only thing that keeps me sane in isolation. 

oooooooo Conspiracy theory! Covid-19 is a plot by LL to take all our money and give us all the things! 

give-me-all-the-things-meme-21297.jpg

• Haha 7

Well I'm a bit confused and angry I think. In the last few weeks I have been actively going out in SL to meet new people joining groups (and leaving them).  And the result was I had meet a few people how I made friends. But that thing is that still nobody is talking to me. The only way for me to have a chat if I start one. And I just don't understand why? 

In this week I will login every day but won't start any chat. And if nobody form my list start talking to me... Well then the problem is in me. And I will empty my friend list and make no more effort. 

• Sad 3

13 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

When you do get to the store there won't be anything left on the shelves. I went to one of the supermarkets in my town today and the shelves had been cleared of bog roll, kitchen roll & tissues, painkillers, teabags, pasta, alcohol gel, soap, anti-bacterial products, nappies & sanitary products, flour and running low on bread & bakery, pet food, wine, frozen stuff, packet & canned food

If you want ambient grocery go half hour before the store close as most of the delivery arrives afternoon and it's dragged on the shop floor. For as to put on the shelfs. 

For online shopping delivery pick the morning slot as the shelf are full. If you can't receive the delivery just modify the time an hour before it should be arriving. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I honestly didn't expect to need this thread again (in the way it was intended when I started it in December) but over the next few weeks, I think it's going to be just as necessary. 

So... as a gentle reminder to anyone who stumbles in... you don't have to be a happy unicorn farting rainbows here. Be mad, angry, sad, depressed, whatever... and no one will chastise you for it. No one will tell you to just smile or whatever. At least, they better not. 😋

So, yes, please, if/when you feel at your breaking point, reach out here and unload. I have a feeling we're all going to need it. ❤️

I really wish as well as our hug reaction, we had the ability to have a sticky that follows through to the top of every page in bold.  To tell people what this thread is about so we dont get all those derailers and those who think its the what are you doing today thread rather than the important support thread we have tried to keep it going as.  

• Like 6

Happy to say I am feeling better. :)

My fever is over, but I am staying in the house for 2 weeks. I called my doctor yesterday, (Monday morning my time) and it is no point in asking for a test. They do not have the capacity. Just act as you had the virus and self-quarantine, I was told.

So it's as difficult to get a test in Norway as in America, just saying.

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

So it's as difficult to get a test in Norway as in America, just saying.

add UK to that list.  I take no notice of these infected numbers they are spewing out since there will be very many 1000s more that were never tested and had to just get on with it :( 

• Like 8

I'm getting irritated at the people who are buying all of the toilet paper because I'm running out of it and can't get some anymore. There's even a dang video made in our local drug-store of an older women trying to fight a cashier because the cashier wouldn't let her buy two shopping carts worth of toilet paper. I know it's about control and people being desperate, but FFS get a hold of yourself.

I'm unbelivable angry due to the ***** Trump tried to pull, and am concerned that a potential vaccine might get used in political powerplays. Or for financial gain.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Zzevir said:

Well I'm a bit confused and angry I think. In the last few weeks I have been actively going out in SL to meet new people joining groups (and leaving them).  And the result was I had meet a few people how I made friends. But that thing is that still nobody is talking to me. The only way for me to have a chat if I start one. And I just don't understand why? 

In this week I will login every day but won't start any chat. And if nobody form my list start talking to me... Well then the problem is in me. And I will empty my friend list and make no more effort. 

It might not be your fault if no-one starts a conversation with you.  Some people are lazy, some too busy, and some just don't think - there are many reasons why.  I know sometimes I can get engrossed in what I'm doing and forget to contact people even when I like to hear from them.  It's possible that you need to interact with people for longer before they feel they know you well enough to just call you.  The best people to know are those who share an interest with you, and if you can get actively engaged in something with them in, say, roleplay or a project, there's more reason to talk.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Zzevir said:

then the problem is in me.

no it isn't. It's typical SL.. however the community inworld was more active in the old days, it changed a bit.
Many newer signups see it as FB or that stuff .. if you want to share something it has to come from you.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I'm getting irritated at the people who are buying all of the toilet paper because I'm running out of it and can't get some anymore. There's even a dang video made in our local drug-store of an older women trying to fight a cashier because the cashier wouldn't let her buy two shopping carts worth of toilet paper. I know it's about control and people being desperate, but FFS get a hold of yourself.

I'm unbelivable angry due to the ***** Trump tried to pull, and am concerned that a potential vaccine might get used in political powerplays. Or for financial gain.

I'd offer you a roll or two, if we lived closer. My supermarket still has some.

I'm going to restock some food today. Hopefully the store has recovered from the rush of customers on Saturday. My coffeebrand was sold out, as well as my usual pizza, premade breaddough, fish sticks and flour. I only have a small fridge, so I can't do the hoarding other people are practicing.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I went shopping late last night and talked with the cashier. She said the day was hell and that by the time they were opening in the morning a crowd had already formed. I think I have enough toilet paper. At least I hope so xD Going to use it sparsly!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

I'd offer you a roll or two, if we lived closer. My supermarket still has some.

I'm going to restock some food today. Hopefully the store has recovered from the rush of customers on Saturday. My coffeebrand was sold out, as well as my usual pizza, premade breaddough, fish sticks and flour. I only have a small fridge, so I can't do the hoarding other people are practicing.

Yeah, I heard people fought for flour here last week. Like somebody wanted to buy 50kg's of flour. Not sure if they wanted to bake the pandemic away or REALLY into DIY Cupcakes, lol. I was very worried because I needed flour for the christmas cookies I made for my boyfriends birthday.

Also, I have very little money left over, because I got myself a much needed new phone at the beginning of this month. That was basically only possible with  the discount my boyfriend got due to work, a small return of money, and me staying a week with my boyfriend, where I don't have to pay for food. (I usually do invite him when we go eat out in return, tho, so it evens out - but that's obviously not a possibility this time, due to multiple reasons)
So, I have a ticket to munich for tomorrow, which I got saturday (before ***** started to really hit the fan), so it doesn't fall into the corona-specific policy of the Bahn - meaning I cannot get a refund, I can't select a later date. Now I feel really torn - I know traveling is ill-advised, we're facing a possible lockdown, but I cannot afford to throw that much money out of the window. Oh, and my pantry/storage/fridge is also pretty empty, because again, I got my food with me being away for a week in mind, and I have a tendency to only shop for what I need immideatly, general speaking. 

So, what shall I do.

15 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Trump did NOT tell to get loads of toilet paper, nor any other behaviour of absured greed .. the only ones to blame are the ones DOING it
It's happening everywhere in the world, not just there.

Oh, that's not what I meant - I'm sorry, I didn't make it clear that those are two unrelated topics. I know he, nor any other government/politician did not tell people to buy insane amounts of everything. I was talking about Trump offering a german pharmaceutical firm lots of money to lure them to the US to get exclusive rights on a possible vaccine. Exclusive meaning for the US and the US only.

Edited by Sukubia Scarmon
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Yeah, I heard people fought for flour here last week. Like somebody wanted to buy 50kg's of flour. Not sure if they wanted to bake the pandemic away or REALLY into DIY Cupcakes, lol. I was very worried because I needed flour for the christmas cookies I made for my boyfriends birthday.

Also, I have very little money left over, because I got myself a much needed new phone at the beginning of this month. That was basically only possible with  the discount my boyfriend got due to work, a small return of money, and me staying a week with my boyfriend, where I don't have to pay for food. (I usually do invite him when we go eat out in return, tho, so it evens out - but that's obviously not a possibility this time, due to multiple reasons)
So, I have a ticket to munich for tomorrow, which I got saturday (before ***** started to really hit the fan), so it doesn't fall into the corona-specific policy of the Bahn - meaning I cannot get a refund, I can't select a later date. Now I feel really torn - I know traveling is ill-advised, we're facing a possible lockdown, but I cannot afford to throw that much money out of the window. Oh, and my pantry/storage/fridge is also pretty empty, because again, I got my food with me being away for a week in mind, and I have a tendency to only shop for what I need immideatly, general speaking. 

So, what shall I do.

Oh, that's not what I meant - I'm sorry, I didn't make it clear that those are two unrelated topics. I know he, nor any other government/politician did not tell people to buy insane amounts of everything. I was talking about Trump offering a german pharmaceutical firm lots of money to lure them to the US to get exclusive rights on a possible vaccine. Exclusive meaning for the US and the US only.

Why post lies? The German pharmaceutical firm and named German officials denies it and say he have not contacted them. I read lots of American and English newspapers. That Reuters say an unnamed spokesperson said it, "a representative".

I am very, very wary to all unnamed sources. I have seen too many of them turn out to be false. Because named officials contradict it, and persons who put their names and good reputation out in public, is more trusted for me. They can call it "a representative" "a spokesperson" a "source in the government" and I consider it as trustful as the anonymous street sweeper said it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-germany-covid-19-vaccine-not-for-sale-donald-trump-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

Edited by Marianne Little
added: And named German officials
  • Like 2

These are times when you should put aside your differences and stand behind your elected government and your elected president. Trump has a team with scientists, there are large companies working on speed to get out vaccines and aid. And US start testing vaccines before that has happened in what Michael Moore calls the best free public health service in the world. It was not going smooth with the swine flu either, but US media did not work hard to spread panic then. I checked the number of infected, hospitalized and deaths in 2009, and compared with that, the apocalyptic scenario in the media started when it was about two dozen cases of Covid-19.

So when he closed the borders, he was a racist, and now country after country does the same. First he overreacts, then he is too slow. He can't do anything right.

If Trump downplayed the virus a month ago, so did all other world leaders. Things happen so fast. National Experts in my country said on February 25th that possibly there would be 100 cases before Easter. No one talked about closed schools and the whole economy going down.

And so I say something related to how I am feeling today, I got the fever back. Not feeling so bad, only a bit dizzy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have VIP tickets to a big 3-day gala in the city the weekend of May 15-17 but that’s barely 5 days after the supposed ‘8week social isolation recommendation’, the city is limiting public gatherings of 50 or more... And I won’t be surprised if they actually extend the isolation time period, so I’m going to wait to book the hotel even if it might cost a little bit more later. I know this sounds like I’m complaining about something very superficial, and in a way I am… But it’s also more to do with the insecurity of not even being able to sensibly plan the future of your daily life that’s kind of getting me shook. Still trying not to worry overmuch, but especially with things like the toilet paper situation it’s just kind of highlighting the weird ways that people freak out when something like this happens. I’m trying to remember to be a little kinder to everyone, knowing this and knowing that whatever the silly issue at hand,  it’s probably really just a stand-in for everybody’s terrible fear and worry. 

• Like 2

At the risk of being a pain in the bum, can I just remind people what this thread is about and please keep politics out of it.    Those politic derail  threads always end up being closed down and I would like us to keep this thread in the true spirit of its creation as I for one could not have coped with the last 6 weeks without my friends here to help me through.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.