How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I had my ultrasound this past Thursday. It was right on time, no waiting, and took about a half hour. The tech can't tell me anything, and says the radiologist will have a look in the next day or two and get back to my doc.  Then yesterday morning (Wednesday) I get a call from one of our hospitals asking when I'm available to come in for a CT scan, which apparently was requisitioned by my doctor on Friday. So I have an appointment on Sunday. It makes me very nervous, the fact that the scan was requisitioned the day after my ultrasound, and such a quick appointment time, especially in the midst of a public health near-crisis.

• Sad 12

I'm alive and healthy (I'm pretty sure, anyway) so I am good! My whole state is under advised self-quarantine due to our 100+ cases of COVID-19 including about 20 less than 40 minutes away from me. 

But I've got shelter, food, entertainment, at least at the moment my health so I'm staying positive!  

• Like 9

The numbers from my state took a couple of jumps in 24 hrs. It’s because more testing is coming back, and the testing protocols are coming on deck more fully to more accurately represent,  not because of ‘suddenly new cases’. From roughly 42 to 64 in a work day. 
‘The freezer is full, fridge almost so, pantry is looking good...but wow, the price gougers are really getting sneaky with huge shipping charges! 
‘I’m hoping local grocery pickups and deliveries get regulated in the next week, the stores are too swamped to schedule. I re-activated our Hello Fresh account just in case we want it. 

• Like 8

Today was a good day. Yesterday was hell. I got to go to the office for a few hours today to do some printing. I was the only one there, but still... I got to get out for a bit. My governor is amazing and his daily press conferences are becoming a life-line for us Kentuckians... assuring, honest, amusing, confident. He’s really becoming our very own Mr. Rogers. He’s not being political at all - he’s being a leader and it’s extremely refreshing and reassuring. Check him out if you need some comfort and sanity.

We’re going to be okay. We’re living in Bizarro World right now, but we’re going to be okay.

• Like 9

Last night I went to bed very early because I was feeling much more tired than usual. The cough started in the night. It's now 5am and I am wide awake, lol. But now that I am sitting upright and have a nice cup of tea I've stopped coughing. I don't feel bad at all, to be honest. It's no worse than a regular cold, except without the runny nose/congestion, which is always the part of having a cold that I hate the most.

They aren't testing anyone here except those who have to go into hospital but I'm 99.99% sure I have it. I'm kinda relieved actually. 

So, no more sad faces here please. I'm okay, our cupboards are well-stocked, we have plenty of food and cold/flu remedies. My partner and I are in good health generally, so we will be fine.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I'm feeling thankful today, since none in my family or close friends are having any symptons, and we've all survived our first quarantine week.

I did some shopping last night, and I could get all I needed. We have to queue outside, and get in one by one, which is actually more convenient, and the shelves were rather full (including toilet paper)

But I've decided to stop reading newspapers, watching the news, and checking facebook. Our people keep on dying due to the reactive posture of ALL the political parties here, so the only thing that is left for us is taking precautions, praying and keeping a positive attitude that hopefully will be reflected in the outside world.

I've been considered leaving my Linden homes and move to an isolated plot in the mainland, to start over. 

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Elena Core said:

've been considered leaving my Linden homes and move to an isolated plot in the mainland, to start over. 

Dear Sweet, Kind ,Loving Ellena

Do not leave your linden home. It i a knee jerk emotional reponse to what is hapening in real life.  Maybe  rent for a week from someone just till all the outside stuff settles ,,,,, We do bring our emotions into second life ,,,,, hugs and it will be ok   hugs hugs hugs 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

i have a bad habbit of reading from the latest post backwards  why i most times reply the way i do ,,,,

and also every one here is sweet, kind, loving, and beloved and gentle and wonderful and graceful and everything positive and  wonderful ,,,, we   embrace each other in our times of joy and times of pain , in times of worry, in times of peacefullness, in times of dispare in times of hope ...   in times of bordom and in times of the wonderful gift of humor  we embrace each other in all levels and aspects  of life  be it in real life and second life   ....... and please  know and always remember,  you are all loved more than words can express ,,,,, hugs love 

Edited by roseelvira
my spelling ,,,, i use to be able to spell then i learned to text and it went out the window
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

They aren't testing anyone here except those who have to go into hospital but I'm 99.99% sure I have it. I'm kinda relieved actually. 

Sweet Matty ,

Praying and sending hedges of angels of healing and protection to surround you .  Making you cyber soup and tea and here are  nice very warmed fresh out of the hot dryer blankets ,,,, hugs love

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm feeling determined.  I can't get a food delivery from any supermarket at all.  I do have a delivery pass from one that is now useless since many more people have started booking online.  My only option is to try to get to the shops regularly by myself, so that's what I'll do.  The weather is gradually improving so that will help.

One thing that's really cheering me up is that ecologically things are much healthier just now with a reduction in the impact of humans.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

(Libran)

Me too

So today I feel my lowest in a long time.  Some stranger who is "learning to mesh" wanted to buy KiX from me.  One of those; sorry for your loss and all but... messages.  It felt like a kick in the gut.  I just politely declined.  Its not like I have access to Ki's pc anyway to share the stuff he made but even if I did I wouldn't, couldn't.  It just completely sent me downhill on the 1st month anniversary.  

I have just spent over an hour trying to contact the company I usually get my weekly shopping from.  I get an error message (different each time)  each time i complete the payment process.  For years have have paid for a delivery pass and recurring slot.  I know these are trying times but I am not fit enough to join the panic buyers fighting in stores.  There phone contact once you get through all the options won't help with online orders.  Their facebook is closed to contact.  Theres no email or other contact to try and sort it out.  We have food for now and I will calm down eventually and work something out but just in this moment I can do without the stress.   I have to make a decision to cancel our first holiday abroad in 10 years which was planned for Spain at the end of May.  Not even ready to think how much money I will get back if any.

I sobbed my heart out at the European coming together to play You'll Never Walk Alone at the same time on all radio stations but then the station I was listening on played Mmmmbop straight after which is my cheesy happy memory song :) 

On the bright side, the child has a limited hours day in school today before schools out (forever?)  The sun is out.  I have lots of gardening supplies and can pull up my big girls panties and carry on whilst nobody is ill in this house while embracing my new role as full time educator to a 14 year old.  

3cbed0786c3fb496b8305ba0a6113de6.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm feeling determined.  I can't get a food delivery from any supermarket at all.  I do have a delivery pass from one that is now useless since many more people have started booking online.  My only option is to try to get to the shops regularly by myself, so that's what I'll do.  The weather is gradually improving so that will help.

I cross posted with you.  Having delivery pass/recurring slot issues too 😭

• Sad 3

10 hours ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Terrible.

Sweet gentle Greymoon,

Hugging you ,,,, wrapping  a warm afghan around you ,,, giving you hot tea or coco  and box of chocolates      got you settled on comfy sofa pleanty of pillows ,,,,, also some warm socks  and turning on your favorite shows   so you can  binge  watch and wiping down your cell phone   to get rid of germs  ,,, and number for best local piza delivery  on coffeetable ,,, ,,,, hugs ,,,, hugs hugs

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Elena Core said:

I'm feeling thankful today, since none in my family or close friends are having any symptons, and we've all survived our first quarantine week.

I did some shopping last night, and I could all I needed. We have to queue outside, and get it one by one, which is actually more convenient, and the shelves were rather full (including toilet paper)

But I've decided to stop reading newspapers, watching the news, and checking facebook. Our people keep on dying due to the reactive posture of ALL the political parties here, so the only thing that is left for us is taking precautions, praying and keeping a positive attitude that hopefully will be reflected in the outside world.

I've been considered leaving my Linden homes and move to an isolated plot in the mainland, to start over. 

There is very little actual news, most of it is speculation and scaremongering, and not at all helpful.  I guess if we get an all out state of emergency, it will flash in BIG RED LETTERS all over my computer screen if and when we get isolated here.

Schools have shut down. Pubs are closing down. Community centres are closed down - this is the eeriest part for me, because the whole time (15 years) that I have lived here, Tuesdays and Thursdays have always been very busy in my locality, with over-55s parking up outside the nearby club room for bridge club and other get-togethers. I worry about where they are, and how they will get through this current crisis, as to go from a busy social life to isolation just cannot be easy.

I have always enjoyed my own company, I am lucky in that way. Being able to communicate, especially on this thread, has been incredibly helpful t me personally, and to get to know a little more about each one of you has probably been one of my most positive and happy experiences of being in Second Life.  

Elena, Mainland is great. I can highly recommend it. And you can still visit friends in the Linden Homes sims when things aren't so COVID-19 focused and depressing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Today was a good day. Yesterday was hell. I got to go to the office for a few hours today to do some printing. I was the only one there, but still... I got to get out for a bit. My governor is amazing and his daily press conferences are becoming a life-line for us Kentuckians... assuring, honest, amusing, confident. He’s really becoming our very own Mr. Rogers. He’s not being political at all - he’s being a leader and it’s extremely refreshing and reassuring. Check him out if you need some comfort and sanity.

We’re going to be okay. We’re living in Bizarro World right now, but we’re going to be okay.

We are going to be OK.

We ARE going to be OK.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

One thing that's really cheering me up is that ecologically things are much healthier just now with a reduction in the impact of humans.

Midnight I managed to get a Tesco slot for three weeks time. We have a delivery pass with Sainsbury's but it has been absolutely impossible to get a slot with them, I had one booked at the beginning of the week, and was halfway to a regular shop with an hour and a half remaining on my reserve time, and I suddenly got a message up on the screen saying my time slot was no longer available).  I would be OK living on instant mashed potato and vitamin pills, but my brother is disabled and housebound, and the home shopping deliveries have always been such a lifeline for him.

Luckily the local shops seem to be getting bits in, although they are always dearer. The Co-op nearest to my brother's house has been pretty amazing, the staff have kept their cheerful demeanours and I think they've had some extra deliveries of stock too.  And their apple pie and cream on Wednesday made my brother and I felt like all was normal in the world, just for a while. McColls had three packs of 16 toilet rolls in stock when I went in yesterday evening. These I have split into packs of four and have taken to a couple of my neighbours who are struggling to get out currently.

The weather in the UK is forecast to stay dry and sunny for at least a week - we certainly have needed that.

Things will get better. 

*edited to add, I only bought one of the three packs of toilet roll, by the way! 

Edited by Marigold Devin
to add more info
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

i have a bad habbit of reading from the latest post backwards  why i most times reply the way i do ,,,,

and also every one here is sweet, kind, loving, and beloved and gentle and wonderful and graceful and everything positive and  wonderful ,,,, we   embrace each other in our times of joy and times of pain , in times of worry, in times of peacefullness, in times of dispare in times of hope ...   in times of bordom and in times of the wonderful gift of humor  we embrace each other in all levels a nd aspects  of live  be it in real life and second life   ....... and please  know and always remember,  you are all loved more than words can express ,,,,, hugs love 

Your loving and sweet attitude is a boon to this thread, roseelvira. As negative breeds negative, positive encourages positive. 

Sending you hugs and wishes of good health and happiness.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Marigold Devin said:

Your loving and sweet attitude is a boon to this thread, roseelvira. As negative breeds negative, positive encourages positive. 

Sending you hugs and wishes of good health and happiness.

Nods along to this and we know Rose has been going through the worst of times herself yet still here to offer love and support 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Me too

So today I feel my lowest in a long time.  Some stranger who is "learning to mesh" wanted to buy KiX from me.  One of those; sorry for your loss and all but... messages.  It felt like a kick in the gut.  I just politely declined.  Its not like I have access to Ki's pc anyway to share the stuff he made but even if I did I wouldn't, couldn't.  It just completely sent me downhill on the 1st month anniversary.  

I have just spent over an hour trying to contact the company I usually get my weekly shopping from.  I get an error message (different each time)  each time i complete the payment process.  For years have have paid for a delivery pass and recurring slot.  I know these are trying times but I am not fit enough to join the panic buyers fighting in stores.  There phone contact once you get through all the options won't help with online orders.  Their facebook is closed to contact.  Theres no email or other contact to try and sort it out.  We have food for now and I will calm down eventually and work something out but just in this moment I can do without the stress.   I have to make a decision to cancel our first holiday abroad in 10 years which was planned for Spain at the end of May.  Not even ready to think how much money I will get back if any.

I sobbed my heart out at the European coming together to play You'll Never Walk Alone at the same time on all radio stations but then the station I was listening on played Mmmmbop straight after which is my cheesy happy memory song :) 

On the bright side, the child has a limited hours day in school today before schools out (forever?)  The sun is out.  I have lots of gardening supplies and can pull up my big girls panties and carry on whilst nobody is ill in this house while embracing my new role as full time educator to a 14 year old.  

3cbed0786c3fb496b8305ba0a6113de6.png

Tesco? I was having the same error message and had to abandon hope of a time slot with them until last night. The internet was so slow on Wednesday evening, I thought the whole thing was going to crash, no doubt all as a result of people trying to get supermarket shopping time slots.  

You are bound to have those awful lows after losing someone who has played such a significant part in your life. I still grieve sometimes for a man who is still alive, but who was my mentor, friend, partner, for the first few years of my Second Life.  We just were not compatible. Your grief will obviously be many hundreds of times what I feel over my old Second Life chap, and all I can say is allow yourself to have a massive cry, scream, whatever emotion it needs. It's normal. But awful to feel such loss. I am so sad for you.

And here you are, still managing to be an uplifting member of this wonderful thread. I am so glad Beth started it. 

I missed the "never walk alone" - how fabulous that was. 

Our countries have gone through world wars, we shall overcome this too (and soon, I hope). And there will be many upsides too.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

My only option is to try to get to the shops regularly by myself, so that's what I'll do

Sweet loving Garnet ,

Do not fear going out ,,,,   hand washing  after you touch anything ,,,,  I had to venture out yesterday to get hubby refilll of antiobotic ,,,, the drug store was empty and the script was ready so i was in and out very quickly and they had a table between the counter to pick up the med   , ,,,, just do the precautions of hand washing  the biggest thing people forget  to do ,,, i carry packets of the hand wipes so keeping hands clean is just in my pocket.    hugs hug hugs ,,,,, 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.