How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

34 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Why post lies? The German pharmaceutical firm and named German officials denies it and say he have not contacted them. I read lots of American and English newspapers. That Reuters say an unnamed spokesperson said it, "a representative".

I am very, very wary to all unnamed sources. I have seen too many of them turn out to be false. Because named officials contradict it, and persons who put their names and good reputation out in public, is more trusted for me. They can call it "a representative" "a spokesperson" a "source in the government" and I consider it as trustful as the anonymous street sweeper said it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-germany-covid-19-vaccine-not-for-sale-donald-trump-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

You make it sound like I knew it was untrue and purposely posted it anyways. At best I was misinformed - all the (german) newspapers/sides I considered didn't post that yet, so I might simply not be up to date yet. I do understand your stance on sources. I'll try to do better in the future.
Thank you for your understanding.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Zzevir said:

The only way for me to have a chat if I start one. And I just don't understand why? 

Lots of people are busy doing stuff in the world, so I can second the good idea of finding people with common interests and actually going and doing things with them instead of expecting a lot of chatting via PM or group chat, no matter who ‘starts it’. Just now may not be the best time to judge people‘s sociability too because everybody is acting/feeling at least a little bit out of their normal element as human typists with all the remote working and social distancing going on (at least in my experience) so you’re not really getting a good example of “the norm“.

that being said, I usually don’t keep many SL friends who are just “inworld chat” type friends because I’m busy doing stuff and I catch up on things like PMs mostly in discord when I’m not inworld and I don’t spend a lot of my time in the world typing in the text box. I may be a bad example of that though.

• Like 6

Although I have lots of customers I am friendly with and consider friends, my closest friends I have always met in the forums, where over time I get to know them. I don’t need to even meetup inworld, but if I wanted to I suppose I could. 

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, Zzevir said:

Well I'm a bit confused and angry I think. In the last few weeks I have been actively going out in SL to meet new people joining groups (and leaving them).  And the result was I had meet a few people how I made friends. But that thing is that still nobody is talking to me. The only way for me to have a chat if I start one. And I just don't understand why? 

In this week I will login every day but won't start any chat. And if nobody form my list start talking to me... Well then the problem is in me. And I will empty my friend list and make no more effort. 

It's fairly common.  I'm not a big conversation starter myself.  I tend to hide out working on things, and if I get an IM from a friend I'm more than happy to chat, but I rarely initiate a conversation myself.  Most of my socialization I get at planned events, gigs, and so forth.

Much like RL, people in SL vary wildly in the amount of gathering and communication they tend to do.  You'll find your tribe.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Although I have lots of customers I am friendly with and consider friends, my closest friends I have always met in the forums, where over time I get to know them. I don’t need to even meetup inworld, but if I wanted to I suppose I could. 

For me it’s easier to gather my thoughts together and talk about things a little more in-depth when I’m in not inworld.  I’m very Squirrelly and want to just go do all the things when I’m in SL. There’s a limited number and type of person in the forums here though (no offense, y’all are mostly interesting too) but most of the inworld friends that I do things with are not here at all and don’t want to be. That’s not going to stop me from going to the planned forum meet up this weekend though to meet some more people, it sounds fun and I was sorry to have missed the pillow fight at the pajama party this past weekend.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/450246-a-prattle-of-avatars-a-chronicle-of-fabulous-fashion-glorious-gossip-and-tasteless-coffee/

Edited by Fauve Aeon
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Fauve Aeon said:

We have VIP tickets to a big 3-day gala in the city the weekend of May 15-17 but that’s barely 5 days after the supposed ‘8week social isolation recommendation’, the city is limiting public gatherings of 50 or more... And I won’t be surprised if they actually extend the isolation time period, so I’m going to wait to book the hotel even if it might cost a little bit more later. I know this sounds like I’m complaining about something very superficial, and in a way I am… But it’s also more to do with the insecurity of not even being able to sensibly plan the future of your daily life that’s kind of getting me shook. Still trying not to worry overmuch, but especially with things like the toilet paper situation it’s just kind of highlighting the weird ways that people freak out when something like this happens. I’m trying to remember to be a little kinder to everyone, knowing this and knowing that whatever the silly issue at hand,  it’s probably really just a stand-in for everybody’s terrible fear and worry. 

I haven't been in denial or making light of the covid-19 situation, but have been continually annoyed at the extra scaremongering that has been happening, and all the panic buying.

Today though I have actually started to feel frightened, not about catching the disease, but about how businesses are being affected. People are assuming that if we all have to stay in isolation for however many weeks, that they will be able to cope, sit with family, friends, or alone, and just watch TV, use the internet, etc., but has no one given a consideration to the fact that all the human beings who work behind the scenes powering the countries' gas, electricity, broadband/telecoms, may also stay off work to join in with the isolation and be with their loved ones, and the countries can come to a grinding halt, leaving us to live like total cavemen?

Yes, I am afraid today. And I would like to go to sleep for the next three months until (hopefully) this is all over. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Sad 5

47 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I haven't been in denial or making light of the covid-19 situation, but have been continually annoyed at the extra scaremongering that has been happening, and all the panic buying.

Today though I have actually started to feel frightened, not about catching the disease, but about how businesses are being affected. People are assuming that if we all have to stay in isolation for however many weeks, that they will be able to cope, sit with family, friends, or alone, and just watch TV, use the internet, etc., but has no one given a consideration to the fact that all the human beings who work behind the scenes powering the countries' gas, electricity, broadband/telecoms, may also stay off work to join in with the isolation and be with their loved ones, and the countries can come to a grinding halt, leaving us to live like total cavemen?

Yes, I am afraid today. And I would like to go to sleep for the next three months until (hopefully) this is all over. 

If it helps you: That's extremely unlikely. The isolation is to flatten the impact of the virus, to reduce workload on healthcare-people and systems. We can't possibly "outstarve" the virus with isolation, that is impossible, because people HAVE to do the jobs you mentioned. So it's not everyone into isolation, but everyone who CAN. People who are especially at risk on top priority.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Zzevir said:

Well I'm a bit confused and angry I think. In the last few weeks I have been actively going out in SL to meet new people joining groups (and leaving them).  And the result was I had meet a few people how I made friends. But that thing is that still nobody is talking to me. The only way for me to have a chat if I start one. And I just don't understand why? 

In this week I will login every day but won't start any chat. And if nobody form my list start talking to me... Well then the problem is in me. And I will empty my friend list and make no more effort. 

Its not that the problem is you.

Pretty much 99.999% of people in SL are introverts. Thats why they are on SL ti begin with. They are probably too anxious to message you first in case you are busy.

Keep up the effort; they are probably grateful. 

And if you still have no luck, and if you're ever online between 1pm and 4pm, hit me up with a friends request. I'm an extrovert.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'm feeling hopeful.  My life hasn't really changed in the last few weeks.  I didn't socialize in person before, but I do miss my weekly trips to see a movie.  I still go to work on my regular schedule (it is busier than usual.)  On a happy note I have two new  rescue kittens to play with.  I'll edit and attach a photo when I'm on my phone.  The orange eyed one is named Dandelion.  She is timid, sweet, and cuddly.  The white whiskered troublemaker doesn't have a name, yet.  She is bold, fearless, and active.  The sisters are a good distraction from life at the moment.  I am open to name suggestions.  They are 3 month old long or medium haired all black cats.

20200317_102652.thumb.jpg.26dadcd7a77ec290991956d44c377f3e.jpg20200317_102546.thumb.jpg.eea2079434a90eb5e7ca4c27cb694c53.jpg

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
Adding pics
  • Like 11

9 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I'm feeling hopeful.  My life hasn't really changed in the last few weeks.  I didn't socialize in person before, but I do miss my weekly trips to see a movie.  I still go to work on my regular schedule (it is busier than usual.)  On a happy note I have two new  rescue kittens to play with.  I'll edit and attach a photo when I'm on my phone.  The orange eyed one is named Dandelion.  She is timid, sweet, and cuddly.  The white whiskered troublemaker doesn't have a name, yet.  She is bold, fearless, and active.  The sisters are a good distraction from life at the moment.  I am open to name suggestions.  They are 3 month old long or medium haired all black cats.

I suggest Burdock for the second kitten

Image result for dandelion and burdock

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I'm feeling hopeful.  My life hasn't really changed in the last few weeks.....  She is bold, fearless, and active.  The sisters are a good distraction from life at the moment.  I am open to name suggestions.  They are 3 month old long or medium haired all black cats.

I am glad you are well and hopeful.  I posted this last week.  Perhaps you saw and didn't like, but I just wanted you to know.

I would suggest Lucy as a name.   

Edited by Storm Clarence
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 11:23 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

I am (almost) ashamed to say I have been stockpiling tea bags

I always stockpile my tea bags because I get them from Trader Joes (Irish breakfast)which is 2 towns over from where I live so I don't get there that often.  I feel that as long as I have a nice cuppa tea, I can deal with anything else.

Edited by kali Wylder
afternoon
  • Like 7

@Zzevir I've felt that way before, that I'm the only one making an effort in a friendship, and it really sucks.  But try to remember that your perception may not be the truth, there may be myriad other reasons that people are not initiating talks with you.  Please don't isolate on purpose to test your theory, it will either confirm your fears or leave you unsatisfied.  Believe me, I've been there and I've got the t-shirt. Virtual hugs!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Its not that the problem is you.

Pretty much 99.999% of people in SL are introverts. Thats why they are on SL ti begin with. They are probably too anxious to message you first in case you are busy.

Keep up the effort; they are probably grateful. 

And if you still have no luck, and if you're ever online between 1pm and 4pm, hit me up with a friends request. I'm an extrovert.

THIS^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!

I literally don't IM folks -- even those I'd like to talk to at times -- because I don't want to bother them, or I'm afraid I'm interrupting them, or whathaveyou.  In fact, I'm far more likely to IM a friend when I know they're offline, because that way they can respond at their convenience rather than having to respond to my (assumed) intrusion into their Second Lives.  Planned gatherings I do because, well... if folks are THERE, then they're probably up for socialization.

Does that make any sense?  I probably overthink this way too much...

• Like 9

I’m nitpicking too many things, which is a sign of stress in a Virgo. Too many, as in not just the normal nitpicky things that I always nitpick, LOL. A good example is that I’ve decided that my screen in my French press is worn out so I am making ’steeped’ coffee in my teapot and straining it. i’m trying really really hard not to let this lap over into anything that my partner or my cat happen to be doing. But I have to say that I’m quite annoyed with the cat too. I think he senses my stress and he will not stop over-washing himself. It’s gross and he’s just always slightly damp. I’m hoping I won’t have to take him to the vet. 😓

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

If it helps you: That's extremely unlikely. The isolation is to flatten the impact of the virus, to reduce workload on healthcare-people and systems. We can't possibly "outstarve" the virus with isolation, that is impossible, because people HAVE to do the jobs you mentioned. So it's not everyone into isolation, but everyone who CAN. People who are especially at risk on top priority.

It does help. Thank you. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I’m nitpicking too many things, which is a sign of stress in a Virgo. Too many, as in not just the normal nitpicky things that I always nitpick, LOL. A good example is that I’ve decided that my screen in my French press is worn out so I am making ’steeped’ coffee in my teapot and straining it. i’m trying really really hard not to let this lap over into anything that my partner or my cat happen to be doing. But I have to say that I’m quite annoyed with the cat too. I think he senses my stress and he will not stop over-washing himself. It’s gross and he’s just always slightly damp. I’m hoping I won’t have to take him to the vet. 😓

I have known so many Virgos, and normally quite level headed people, they do melt when stressed. Is your cat a Virgo too? Hence the over-washing. I like a fastidious pet, although we have a budgie, and feathers literally fly and sometimes I feel positively asthmatic if I have been sitting in the same room as her for longer than an hour. 

I like the idea of using the teapot to make coffee, although you might want to try and source coffee bags (I believe these are a thing again - I hadn't seen them since the 1970s).  My coffee consumption is down to almost zero though, because of not being able to sleep, and everything in my home is lavender scented. Nothing seems to work at the moment. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Zzevir said:

You've had a lot of good replies to this. We're all introverts, etc. I forget who said it but I laughed when I read that someone IMs her friends when she knows they are offline so as not to bother them. I do that too. ♥ My friends list is very tiny, on purpose, and some of the people on it I have known for almost 11 years, and it is rare that we IM each other. We do. Sometimes they initiate it, sometimes I do, but it is fairly rare and sporadic. I tend to tell people when they ask to be online friends that I am a sh*t online friend because I'm such an introvert or that when I go inworld I usually have a planned "mission" (photography, shopping, exploring, etc.) and don't want the distraction or company. 

• Like 4

I have been living in limbo for so many years, not knowing where I'd be living, to if I'd be homeless. To having a job, to not having a job, to needing to file for disability to not knowing if I'd get it. If I'd have money for food. If I could get medical treatment. If I could get mental health treatment. If I would need a wheelchair. If... if... if... For over ten years it has been this never ending shifting of sand under my feet, with absolutely nothing remotely reliable or stable. I was fooled a few times, thinking "Ah, finally, a good job and steady income and now I can start to make plans," only to be laid off and/or outsourced.

Constant, extreme instability is exhausting and a humongous stressor. 

Last year I did qualify for SSDI (disability). That was step one. But unfortunately the amount I get puts me waaaaay under the poverty line. My SSDI payment was less than my rent. So the fear of homelessness really kicked in. I finally qualified for some aid with the rent, through my local government! (Yay!) But even that wasn't enough to keep my head above water and I was once again looking at homelessness.

Then I got this new apartment—which looks like a bomb exploded in it, but I'm here.

So I have a known income, sh*tty as it is, it IS stable. I have a reliable apartment that I can afford.

I always figured once those two things happened I'd be able to start to plan for a future. Rollo May famously and wisely stated that "Depression is the inability to construct a future." Exactly. With the basics of food, shelter and clothing sort of taken care of (food is if-y thanks to the cuts to the safety nets that the Republicans have been doing), now is supposed to be the beginning of "the rest of my life." I can plan to get healthier. I can plan to start meeting people. I can plan to paint, do other forms of art, write, etc etc etc. This should be a happy time, with the clouds parting and the angels singing.

So... why do I feel even more depressed? I have been crying all day. I listened to Coldplay's "Green Eyes" and lost it and haven't stopped crying since. I just want to go to bed for about 2 weeks. And drink. And not talk to anyone. (My life is NORMALLY social isolation and so the COVID stuff is kind of my regular daily routine.) I'm pretty sure some of this is just letting off "steam" from ten plus years of hell. But I'm pretty sure there is another component there and I don't know what it is. I don't feel like doing the work to find out what it is, either. Not at the moment. I don't want to DO anything. Today is the first day of the rest of my life and blah blah blah it can go eff itself. (Inspirational quote of the day.)

image.png.8897580f2152fd4425fe533701aad4f5.png

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Fauve Aeon said:

he’s [the cat] just always slightly damp

I'm sorry, but I laughed at this. I soooo understand it, but I still laughed. I used to have Persian cats. A couple of them were constant groomers and SLURPED when they washed. SLURP SLURP SLURP and soaking wet when they'd jump up to snuggle.

Capture.JPG

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2020 at 5:58 PM, Beth Macbain said:

I'm cleaning out the refridgerater.

That's how bloody bored I am. 

Well, it's happening. I am not exactly bored, because I have three letters to write, two of which are long overdue, but I have not got the right head on for that, and instead I am defrosting and cleaning out the refrigerator right now. And oh how it needed it. The freezer box was almost jammed shut with ice. Not much in it, just butter, fruit squash, and some salad dressing. Hopefully tomorrow I shall get some salad and cheese and cold meat to go with that.

My general mood has gone from being quite frightened (scaremongering media), to strangely hopeful and happy.

Since having a crappy cold a few weeks ago (that I must have picked up from my GP's waiting room), I felt very run down, but this week have picked up and have upped the walking and general exercise. My brother's budgie has been helping with this when I am at his house (Charley Green). She chatters to the handlebar of my bike while I ride and get nowhere. 

boot camp budgie.jpg

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.