How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The big boss on high, top of the chain, has now stated that while we are in this WFH phase, people need to be using their video in order to "maintain a personal touch".  I don't think he understands that I don't necessarily want to maintain a personal touch with many of the people that I'm in meetings with.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The big boss on high, top of the chain, has now stated that while we are in this WFH phase, people need to be using their video in order to "maintain a personal touch".  I don't think he understands that I don't necessarily want to maintain a personal touch with many of the people that I'm in meetings with.  

I have an idea for you. 

a22031bbde9a021c12061cfe0f6b93d3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I just realized that while a lot of the stuff going on right now has me cranky, I'm finally not constantly on the verge of tears all the time.  Apparently the progesterone added into my estrogen cream is starting to work to stabilize my moodiness.  

The cranky has nothing to do with my previous moodiness.  Me being cranky about people being stupid is totally normal for me - I've been that way all my life.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I work at home and have a morning meeting every day but it's always been voice only and I would really hate it if they changed that. I can't imagine having to dress up for a virtual meeting.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

This is the biggest challenge of our lifetimes. It won’t be easy, it won’t be painless, but somehow we will get through it together.

I am praying for the vaccine that will finally  allow us to emerge from isolation etc.

I hate to cast more of a shadow of gloom, but cats have a very serious type of coronavirus (and no, we can't catch it). They've been working on a vaccine for decades and haven't come up with one, at least not the last time I checked. Granted, there hasn't been a worldwide emergency push for such a vaccine, but... yeah. It could be tough.

• Sad 3

I slept well past noon today, which is very uncommon for me. For once sleeping that long and that late felt good. It felt right. It felt needed. I talked to my therapist today, via the phone, mainly to cancel appointments for several weeks, COVID 19 stuff, of course. We got a chance to talk about my move and my crying a lot, and today sleeping a lot, and we both kind of agreed that my body is just processing that things have gone from hella stressed to not as much. So within reason, I'm going to just go with the flow. If that means an ugly crying jag because I heard a pop song, so be it. The self isolation is how I've been living since moving to New England, so that really hasn't affected me much.

But COVID19 *is* interrupting my SL! I can't/won't get into the details but because kids (not mine, I don't have any) are now staying home from school certain friends of mine can't get in world like they used to. Bollocks!

Edited by Seicher Rae
Got off track due to idjits. Corrected.
  • Like 5

I'm so tired. It's not just the Coronavirus, or the media saturation surrounding it, or having to get down the local store at 8:00am every morning just to fight the crowds for toilet paper, or the blase attitude of those physically around me; I'm worried about my parents. My mum is a triple-bypass survivor who works in the aged care sector of a hospital, and dad lives in a retirement community, and one of the residents where he lives tested positive and was sent home to self-isolate yesterday. He's undergone chemo and radiation therapy and has emphysema so he has no immune system left. Even without this virus the regular cold can still be fatal. On top of that we find out at 1pm today whether the cancer has spread to his hips. Add to that one of my closest RL and SL friends who lives in the UK (I met her and her RL husband in SL) has a chronic lung condition and her 10 year old son undergoing chemo as we speak. I have a chest infection right now and I've barely slept in days.

How do I feel? Stressed to say the least.

• Sad 6

1 minute ago, RaeLeeH said:

I'm so tired. It's not just the Coronavirus, or the media saturation surrounding it, or having to get down the local store at 8:00am every morning just to fight the crowds for toilet paper, or the blase attitude of those physically around me; I'm worried about my parents. My mum is a triple-bypass survivor who works in the aged care sector of a hospital, and dad lives in a retirement community, and one of the residents where he lives tested positive and was sent home to self-isolate yesterday. He's undergone chemo and radiation therapy and has emphysema so he has no immune system left. Even without this virus the regular cold can still be fatal. On top of that we find out at 1pm today whether the cancer has spread to his hips. Add to that one of my closest RL and SL friends who lives in the UK (I met her and her RL husband in SL) has a chronic lung condition and her 10 year old son undergoing chemo as we speak. I have a chest infection right now and I've barely slept in days.

How do I feel? Stressed to say the least.

Related image

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

that things have gone from hella stressed to not as much. So within reason, I'm going to just go with the flow. If that means an ugly crying jag because I heard a pop song, so be it

sending-you-so-many-hugs-and-allthe-support-in-the-50596754.thumb.png.1428c7b0f829c8301b08a9536cf79744.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I hope this can put your mind at ease a tiny bit, but I'm almost certain we're going to be getting government stimulus checks to help cover our costs of living so there will hopefully be some cash coming in.

We don't know how long this is going to last, but when we finally are able to poke our heads out, we're going to be traveling like crazy. You may be busier this summer than you can imagine. I know some are saying this is going to last for months, but there is only so long we can be kept cooped up... and RV travel is going to be a pretty safe way to do it. It's a self-contained, self-isolating unit that has access to the outdoors.

hugs

I got an email from them today, all is going as planned.  I wish IRS would have sent me my refund instead of taking it all to pay off a student loan I make payments on.... it's kinda fked up now the government is going to send me stimulus check. I would have settled for my refund.... ; ) but thank you for your words. ; )  I

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I got an email from them today, all is going as planned.  I wish IRS would have sent me my refund instead of taking it all to pay off a student loan I make payments on.... it's kinda fked up now the government is going to send me stimulus check. I would have settled for my refund.... ; ) but thank you for your words. ; )  I

This is one of those "needs mixed reaction" emoticon. Yay, you got the email. WTF about your refund? Yeesh.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.