How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'll keep this short.

Worried sick about Covid-19. Asthmatics in the family.

Mother home with carers but days away from care home. Just becoming a cabbage so fast. 

I still have a chest cough and sinusitis.

Had to visit A&E yesterday after vision problems.... large floaters in one eye and flashing lights. Not serious after a good examination, but a journey into the city on public transport with the risks that entails.

Panic buying food is causing some shortages.

So.....stressful and depressing times.

• Sad 9

Another Virgo checking in here!

One thing I do really well is handle crisis - as long as it's other people's crisis. 

My family is one day into this isolation thing and we've already imploded via my sister sending a suicide message to all of us on freaking Facebook. Yes, this same damn thing happened about a month ago with one of my brothers. 

She is being checked into a psych hospital right now. I'm so fricking... just... GAH. I'm angry, and I know that is unfair and wrong. I'm glad she reached out. Anyone who is in that dark place should reach out. She did the right thing reaching out. 

But I am so flipping exhausted from worrying about people I love killing themselves while I am trying to take care of my own damn self. I'm already anxious being isolated from humankind, but... jiminy Christmas, y'all. I'm so tense right now that my biceps actually hurt. 

I know I sound like I'm on the edge, but I'm fine, seriously. I'm just fussing to you guys instead of fussing to my family when we're all, rightly, focused on my sister right now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

13 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Another Virgo checking in here!

One thing I do really well is handle crisis - as long as it's other people's crisis. 

My family is one day into this isolation thing and we've already imploded via my sister sending a suicide message to all of us on freaking Facebook. Yes, this same damn thing happened about a month ago with one of my brothers. 

She is being checked into a psych hospital right now. I'm so fricking... just... GAH. I'm angry, and I know that is unfair and wrong. I'm glad she reached out. Anyone who is in that dark place should reach out. She did the right thing reaching out. 

But I am so flipping exhausted from worrying about people I love killing themselves while I am trying to take care of my own damn self. I'm already anxious being isolated from humankind, but... jiminy Christmas, y'all. I'm so tense right now that my biceps actually hurt. 

I know I sound like I'm on the edge, but I'm fine, seriously. I'm just fussing to you guys instead of fussing to my family when we're all, rightly, focused on my sister right now.

There is always a strong one in a family - you are it! And you provide inspiration and hope here too. Thank you again for starting this thread. It has helped me enormously. These are difficult and weird times. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I am seriously worried, I am contracted to work for a RV resort over the summer months and I have been in contact with them and since they are a private resort they are not subject to shut down like out state park rv camp grounds are.. This is my lively hood, it is how I plan on eating this summer and the winter months.... I am not panicking yet, but I understand if they put us in a lock down and no state to state travel I am screwed.....

• Sad 9

6 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I am seriously worried, I am contracted to work for a RV resort over the summer months and I have been in contact with them and since they are a private resort they are not subject to shut down like out state park rv camp grounds are.. This is my lively hood, it is how I plan on eating this summer and the winter months.... I am not panicking yet, but I understand if they put us in a lock down and no state to state travel I am screwed.....

I hope this can put your mind at ease a tiny bit, but I'm almost certain we're going to be getting government stimulus checks to help cover our costs of living so there will hopefully be some cash coming in.

We don't know how long this is going to last, but when we finally are able to poke our heads out, we're going to be traveling like crazy. You may be busier this summer than you can imagine. I know some are saying this is going to last for months, but there is only so long we can be kept cooped up... and RV travel is going to be a pretty safe way to do it. It's a self-contained, self-isolating unit that has access to the outdoors.

hugs

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

This is the biggest challenge of our lifetimes. It won’t be easy, it won’t be painless, but somehow we will get through it together.

I am praying for the vaccine that will finally  allow us to emerge from isolation etc.

Amen!!!   It was on the news within the next two weeks checks  being sent  out  ....

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

You may be busier this summer than you can imagine.

I agree.  Also, with the warmer summer temps, the virus will not be able to survive open air.  I don't see the isolation lasting deep into the summer.

9 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

This is the biggest challenge of our lifetimes. It won’t be easy, it won’t be painless, but somehow we will get through it together.

Do not worry, there will be plenty of inconvenience to go around.  Everyone will get a share. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I know I sound like I'm on the edge, but I'm fine, seriously.

Sweet Beloved Beth,, 

Hugs and walking w you in spirit.  remember to take care of yourself ,,,, Eat right and get some sleep ,,,, and I have a stash of peanut butter eggs ready to be over nighted to you if need be

hugging you big big big hugs,,,

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Worried sick about Covid-19. Asthmatics in the family.

Beautiful Gentle Belindan ,  

It will be alright . God has got this . We are here for each other and praying for everyone here  and in   RL ,,,,, hug hugs hugs 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tarina Sewell said:

From what our surgon told us is that the virius loses its punch in hot weather . Why on east coast ....and by end of april  it should be less of a risk ,,, Hug Hugs hug ,,,,, it will be ok ,,, holding every one and surrounding everyone with love and peace . Asking for Angels and Angels of protection to surround everyone and their family and loved ones with protection and peacefullnes ,,,,

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

From what our surgon told us is that the virius loses its punch in hot weather . Why on east coast ....and by end of april  it should be less of a risk 

One of the things that worries me is that the UK never gets prolonged spells of hot weather. This thing could become a permanent fixture here.

• Sad 7

Okay, now I'm angry about this stupid virus. My boss has decided that we need to have a 15 minute video team meeting every morning at 8am. VIDEO. VIDEO!! At 8am!!! With like 6 people at once on my tiny phone screen (my computer doesn't have a webcam). 

This is stupid hard on all of us - so why make it worse by making us all be awake and presentable at the ungodly hour of 8am?? Our normal workday doesn't start until 8:30 and that's pushing it for me, the not-a-morning person. 

grumbles

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

2 minutes ago, Storm Clarence said:

OMG! 

PS Seriously?!  And you met on the Internet?!

every one is beloved and sweet and gentle  we all have those qualities ,,,, you too sweet gentle beloved storm clarence ,,,,,,  kindnes helps remove fear and hurt 

• Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.