How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 3/21/2020 at 12:13 AM, Beth Macbain said:

I’m going to have to try this next week, and silence my phone as well. And iPad. So many dings from so many devices.

I also do online check-ins and at home,we silence non-essentials. I also mute many of the SL UI sounds, it’s really nice to have that option, to just hear ambient sounds of that world too. 
‘I’m tired tonight, and my mood feels somewhat flat. I’m not sleeping enough. But tomorrow is another day. 

• Like 6

I was planning to visit my mother today. But a State "Stay at home. stay healthy" thing made us both reconsider. She's doing ok, apart from having a problem with her Mac.

I miss my coworkers, even though I spend less than 30 minutes with any of them on any given day.

I'm very glad it's been sunny these last few days. It's mood lifting and feels good when I go for walks, alone. 

I'm normally very resistant to most forms of negativity. Recently, I've found my defenses to be somewhat lacking.

I have several tiny cheesecakes in my freezer.

• Like 6

Fine at the moment, earlier today I was miserable. My mental health doctor is nowhere to be heard of. He's not returning calls. I hope he's okay, and his family as well, but I sincerely hope he's not social distancing himself even on the phone. He has a ton of patients, myself being one of them. I really could have used a chat earlier today. I'm sure tomorrow will be a repeat, and if so I will try to call him again. 

• Sad 5

No word about shutting down colleges here yet. (prolly tomorrow?).
Of course state & federal politicians arguing hasn't instilled any confidence in anyone, bunch of galloots~!. 
Thousands upon thousands lost their jobs here today though as they have done in other countries.
I don't know how to feel about it all except being very apprehensive about anything & everything.

On a lighter note some awesome conspiracy theories and memes are emerging with some worth a chuckle.
Eg:
60Mhz Theory - Prior flu vaccinations contained an "element" which is triggered by a 60Mhz Wifi signal = pushin up daisies.
Pic in social media showing a liquid freight train, once pic is expanded to full size the tanker clearly has COVID -19 stencilled on its side. (photoshop probably) 😄
The episode of the SImpsons from 1993 where they're discussing Corona Virus? lol

Chin up everyone! We certainly need it.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Feeling ok right now.  Today would have been a special day for Ki and I, carrying out a ritual we did every year at the same time since we met.  (We jumped off the moon at Inspire Space and then wandered mainland. It was kind of the day I decided ok, going to take a chance on this guy.  I am going to carry out the ritual myself later alone.  Meltdown might follow. 

In RL, I did a grocery shop at the supermarket.  It was good and everyone adhered to social distancing.  I got most of what I needed.  Enough to see me through to my next possible home delivery.  The child did 2 hours of school set work this morning and now its lunchtime and then outside to do gardening.  I have signed him up for a British Sign Language course as they are offering it free at the moment.  Sending Beth some 💪 strength and ❤️.   We are here girl x

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Hmm, I realized this morning when I went to get a box of band-aids out of the linen/medicine closet that I have no more.  I have skin issues, so my skin breaks out a lot and the skin on my fingers split and crack pretty badly much of the time.  No amount of lotion seems to help and many types actually produce bad reactions making it worse.  Anyway, I tend to use band-aids like they are the latest styling accessory.  I'm down to my last box and the Amazon order I just made won't get here until Friday.  The last time I checked at the store, which was a bit over a week ago, they had pretty slim pickings.  Since I'm supposed to try avoiding the outside world, due to my respiratory issues, I may have to send my husband to forage - or maybe I'll just put on all of the protective gear I can find and brave the grocery store or Walgreens myself.  

The Surgeon General flat out said that "it is going to get really bad this week".  Though not unexpected, it sure doesn't give me any warm fuzzies.

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

I woke up feeling better this morning, but I just suddenly got hit with a giant wave of anxiety. I hate when that happens. I don't know why - literally nothing changed from one second to the next except my BP shot up and suddenly I want to scream. 

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate this. There's nothing to do but try to breath through it. Ugh.

• Sad 9

5 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I woke up feeling better this morning, but I just suddenly got hit with a giant wave of anxiety. I hate when that happens. I don't know why - literally nothing changed from one second to the next except my BP shot up and suddenly I want to scream. 

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate this. There's nothing to do but try to breath through it. Ugh.

Anxiety.  Having it hit out of the blue is the worst.  Hang in there!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Selene Gregoire I hope those are passing thoughts, because if a person felt that way every hour of everyday it would be suffocating.  I know you have friends here.  Reach out and accept some help from them.  Try inworld and in person so you have real time support.

I am terrible at this kind of thing, so I hope someone comes along and says it better than I can.  Want to meet inworld for an awkward, virtual meditation or something?  We can beetch about the PNW or spring breakers, or life in general.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2020 at 2:52 PM, LexxiXhan said:

Warmth, Love and Hope to you all at Ostara xx

92da743de8ac976c8b8ddfed02873ddf.jpg.8b6cb3d449772dc9dfc32f92e431b6f3.jpg

love this picture and so sorry to hear about your kids.  Hopefully they will recover quickly and then be immune so you no longer need to worry about them

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Lost.

Alone.

Unneeded.

Unwanted.

Permanently isolated from the rest of humanity.

I keep asking myself why I keep trying when the past 60 years have proved, beyond all doubt, I'm hopeless.

Damn!  I do hope you know that those feelings, while real and painful are not facts. I'm part of humanity and I care about you. I'm sure there are others too. offers you the gentlest of friendly loving hugs...

You ARE Beautiful! | feetfirstbook

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Lost.

Alone.

Unneeded.

Unwanted.

Permanently isolated from the rest of humanity.

I keep asking myself why I keep trying when the past 60 years have proved, beyond all doubt, I'm hopeless.

You do realize, don't you, that in spite of our sometimes-differences, you are one of my favorite people? It all sucks right now, but I look forward to seeing your name on these forums every single day.  It's one of those comfort kind of things. "Oh... okay, Selene is here. All is well!"

And I think you know me well enough from around these parts to know that I'm not just trying to blow smoke up yer butt. 😋

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

You do realize, don't you, that in spite of our sometimes-differences, you are one of my favorite people? It all sucks right now, but I look forward to seeing your name on these forums every single day.  It's one of those comfort kind of things. "Oh... okay, Selene is here. All is well!"

And I think you know me well enough from around these parts to know that I'm not just trying to blow smoke up yer butt. 😋

It's chilly, damp and overcast outside. Thank you Beth, for that mental image. I needed a laugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, roseelvira said:

With love and hugs   to all  ,,,,,  i found this solo version he sings and it is even more beautiful ,,,,,  stay safe

Rose, that was so beautiful!  I rarely hit play when people post songs, but I know how beautiful Andrea Bocelli sings and so I hit it and I was so glad I did.  In fact I even had to listen again, I got chills!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'm sorry this happened to you.  Not knowing why and not feeling in control really sucks. Hang in there my friend. Hugs!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

No word about shutting down colleges here yet. (prolly tomorrow?).
Of course state & federal politicians arguing hasn't instilled any confidence in anyone, bunch of galloots~!. 
Thousands upon thousands lost their jobs here today though as they have done in other countries.
I don't know how to feel about it all except being very apprehensive about anything & everything.

On a lighter note some awesome conspiracy theories and memes are emerging with some worth a chuckle.
Eg:
60Mhz Theory - Prior flu vaccinations contained an "element" which is triggered by a 60Mhz Wifi signal = pushin up daisies.
Pic in social media showing a liquid freight train, once pic is expanded to full size the tanker clearly has COVID -19 stencilled on its side. (photoshop probably) 😄
The episode of the SImpsons from 1993 where they're discussing Corona Virus? lol

Chin up everyone! We certainly need it.  

Corona Virus in general is very common so it's not shocking that it's been mentioned in popular culture in the past.  I understand a bit less than 1/3 of common colds each year are caused by a corona virus.  COVID 19 is a new mutation that we don't have any immunity too yet.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Doing much better now. Thank you to those who reached out!

Right now I'm just annoyed because I've been waiting for an Instacart chat rep for over 2 hours now. It's not a terrible annoyance, because I know they're getting their butts kicked right now... it's more that I've been sitting here waiting for 2 hours, and I can't just leave the chat because I know that as soon as I do, my number will come up in the queue. When I was warned that it was going to be a long wait, I should have disconnected and tried again another day, but noooooooooo... and now I'm invested!

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.