What are you watching today?

1 hour ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

MIchiel de Ruyter, because: Rutger Hauer as Admiral Trump.

The translation is not entirely correct. At 2:22 he says: "We kick those damn English all the way back to that island of theirs."

I'm not allowed to watch it in the UK so a quick VPN and I'm in the States :D  I have some history to learn as I thought 'Orange' and Dutch were inseparable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I thought 'Orange' and Dutch were inseparable

A Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, "A republic, if you can keep it."

The Dutch couldn't keep theirs. Hope that'll be a lesson to others.

• Thanks 1

Today?  I'm watching the Second Life Forums!

But I, too, have taken to bingeing on YouTube and some of my streaming sources.  Lately, it's been stand up comics.  Jeff Allen and Rita Rudner are my favorites.

I also went through all the episodes of Kim Possible and Futurama.

• Like 2

Today I’m watching my very exciting work computer screen and this forum. My nighttime binge watch with the other half has been Yellowstone, and my alone time guilty pleasure binge watch has been all the old episodes of Ghost Hunters. Oh and thanks for reminding me Lindal that we have been watching a lot of stand-up, too. John Mulaney is my current fave. So so funny.

And Drunk History!

Edited by Eva Knoller
  • Like 1

After finding "Clown Service", I learned that a writer for Louis C.K. and SNL cribbed her video for a sketch. There are people who say that Louis didn't know of Tig's work, but at the time he was executive producer for "One Mississippi". Here's the SNL version...

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

The second season of "One Mississippi" deals with child sexual abuse. One episode creates a scene that purposely parallels Louis C.K.s #metoo revelations. The entire season is a nuanced and powerful look at the topic. I'd always been ambivalent about C.K. but #metoo, the copying, and the significant (to me) difference in the humanity of the two sketches has tipped me into antipathy.

16 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

The second season of "One Mississippi" deals with child sexual abuse. One episode creates a scene that purposely parallels Louis C.K.s #metoo revelations. The entire season is a nuanced and powerful look at the topic. I'd always been ambivalent about C.K. but #metoo, the copying, and the significant (to me) difference in the humanity of the two sketches has tipped me into antipathy.

You could always set him on fire.

Re-watching the End of Evangelion and reading up on the lore because I haven't seen it since I was 18. I'm actually surprised how nuanced the information for old anime has become -- so happy people actually use citations now, instead of speculating in forums.

Yay modernization!

Edited by KirinGale