What are you watching today?

$39,000 pickup EV from Tesla - watching vids about the reveal:

There was a glass breaking incident at the reveal - as noted here, they'd hit that piece of glass 50+ times that day before going on camera... but still, obviously there will be some tweaks before that goes out.

"You want a truck that's really tough, not fake tough"
- this thing has an exoskeleton, like a jet plane or; literally, a spaceship. It's essentially an armored vehicle that drives faster than a ford 150, goes 500 miles on a charge, seats 6, and can carry 14,000 lbs - in the $69,000 version. In the $39,000 version it goes 250 miles and has I think half the carry. The $49,000 mid-range does 300+ miles and 10,000 lbs.

Basically it leaves every modern truck back in the flip-phone era.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

$39,000 pickup EV from Tesla - watching vids about the reveal:

There was a glass breaking incident at the reveal - as noted here, they'd hit that piece of glass 50+ times that day before going on camera... but still, obviously there will be some tweaks before that goes out.

"You want a truck that's really tough, not fake tough"
- this thing has an exoskeleton, like a jet plane or; literally, a spaceship. It's essentially an armored vehicle that drives faster than a ford 150, goes 500 miles on a charge, seats 6, and can carry 14,000 lbs - in the $69,000 version. In the $39,000 version it goes 250 miles and has I think half the carry. The $49,000 mid-range does 300+ miles and 10,000 lbs.

Basically it leaves every modern truck back in the flip-phone era.

I saw the mustang suv. tarina is unimpressed.

51 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I saw the mustang suv. tarina is unimpressed.

That's what the Model Y is for. Tesla knows what they're doing. I wouldn't trust Ford with an EV personally... and... charging a Ford EV is going to be a slow pain. I charge my Tesla superfast with ease.

Been waiting to see this CyberTruck reveal for a while - but I'm not a truck person. Still, it looks like the best choice for anyone wanting an industrial strength work vehicle.

And besides...

Ford makes its cars in Mexico. Tesla's are the ONLY actual US-made cars out there. Their plant's not that far from where I live.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

16 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Tsk tsk, though.  We don't spell 'draught' as 'draft' in the UK.  I presume she has been away too long.

I can't understand what she is saying but i am reading the auto-generated translation and that was understandable for a german :D Those fineries ... i will leave for the english!

• Haha 1