Houseboat

Areaian Ellisson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, kiramanell said:

I would say that holds true for most everything in SL... except for the premium homes, as they are a perk for every premium member. The current choice is not so much between a boathouse or some other, equally nice home, but between a sweet new 1024m boathouse, or a crappy old-style home with only 117 prim. In other words, the new boathouses (and other types of homes on the new region) are of a qualitative superior nature than the old homes. And since we're all paying the same Premium fees, we should all be able to get the same quality home.

There were a lot of us who have been watching and waiting since last August when the "SSP" regions were first found on the map.  Just imagine how much longer we'd need to wait for enough regions to be developed for there to be a home for every premium member before anyone was allowed to move in.  There also seems to be a lot more individualized layout planning going into the new regions than in other LL regions built in the past, so it's not a "cookie-cutter" layout, but the more individualized region layouts do take more time in planning and building out new regions.   

I always thought of the premium perk as being 1024 sqm free tier for a house - whether that was a Linden home or 1024 free tier for or towards a purchased mainland parcel.  Different people may prefer to use that perk in different ways - not all premium members will want a Linden home, for example, or they may want a Linden home to basically use as an unfurnished dressing room (which also is drawing some complaints in the new community).  I know premium members who have not been at all interested in moving into the new Linden homes, and I also know of 2 members that abandoned new Linden homes yesterday.  

Work is in progress on another phase to be rolled out, so be patient and follow the LL blogs and Patch's "The New Linden Homes Update" thread.  

(By the way, the "crappy old-style homes" have had 175 prims for quite awhile now.)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Instead of complaining, people might want to consider devoting that time to refreshing the "get your Linden home" page. I saw a houseboat on there this morning. Alas, it is no longer there. ;) 

Yes exactly. I was late to the game and was refreshing like crazy just to het a house and got a houseboat by accident: SNAGGED IT. And it turns out it's in a GREAT spot, too. Now still doing the refresh thing to get a regular house for my alt. When reacting to things, there is proactive, reactive, and knee-jerk-hysteria. :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 5

53 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

(By the way, the "crappy old-style homes" have had 175 prims for quite awhile now.)

Perhaps on your homes page. On mine it says stuff like "Skylight Prim Limit: 117 prims | Space: 512 sqm".

Also, while we're at it, preemptively, 'crappy' might have been a mite too strong. Nevertheless, by today's mesh-enhanced standards, these old homes, if not crappy, certainly look like they were built for a simulator belonging to something existing 20 years ago. If it were up to me, I'd phase 'em all out (and give ppl nice replacement homes).

Edited by kiramanell

3 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Perhaps on your homes page. On mine it says stuff like "Skylight Prim Limit: 117 prims | Space: 512 sqm".

Also, while we're at it, preemptively, 'crappy' might have been a mite too strong. Nevertheless, by today's mesh-enhanced standards, these old homes, if not crappy, certainly look like they were built for a simulator belonging to something existing 20 years ago. If it were up to me, I'd phase 'em all out (and give ppl nice replacement homes).

When the prim limit was raised from 117 prims per 512 sqm to 175 prims per 512 sqm some time ago (several years ago?) the LI for the original Linden homes also increased from 117 to 175.  Perhaps it wasn't updated on all places it was noted online, but the change occurred as part of the increase of prim limits per sqm on mainland. 

From what I've heard, LL is planning on phasing out the old Linden home regions over time as more new Linden home regions are created and homeowners on the old regions have had an opportunity to move to the new regions or to move to other locations (mainland or estate parcels).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

When the prim limit was raised from 117 prims per 512 sqm to 175 prims per 512 sqm some time ago (several years ago?) the LI for the original Linden homes also increased from 117 to 175.  Perhaps it wasn't updated on all places it was noted online, but the change occurred as part of the increase of prim limits per sqm on mainland. 

From what I've heard, LL is planning on phasing out the old Linden home regions over time as more new Linden home regions are created and homeowners on the old regions have had an opportunity to move to the new regions or to move to other locations (mainland or estate parcels).

Peculiar. On all old homes listed at https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php say 117 prim (for me). If this is in error, might be a good idea to update the stats. :)

And it's good to hear they're phasing out the older homes.

And, for the record, before anyone thinks I'm angry or anything, I am not. I'm living on a private island, leisurely enjoying all the comforts thereof. 😏 Still, as I'm paying for the 1024m lot regardless, I wouldn't mind getting a nice pied-à-terre as well (for rolling restarts and such).

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

Currently, all homes on the Bellisseria continent are 'sold out'. People may, or may not, abandon their homes, though. Whether you'll be able to snag one up, will depend on your willingness to press the refresh button all day. :) For me, a more realistic scenario is to simply closely watch the forum and/or blogs for new homes to come. YMMV, though.

hope it dont take as long as bakes on mesh lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Currently, all homes on the Bellisseria continent are 'sold out'. People may, or may not, abandon their homes, though. Whether you'll be able to snag one up, will depend on your willingness to press the refresh button all day. :) For me, a more realistic scenario is to simply closely watch the forum and/or blogs for new homes to come. YMMV, though.

I pressed the refresh button for maybe two minutes today before snagging the houseboat. YMMV, though.

• Like 1

Just now, binder59 said:

hope it dont take as long as bakes on mesh lol

They are working on new homes dilligently. :) 

As Inara Pey recently pointed out in one of her excellent blogs, though, a more fundamental issue may exist in that you can't have entire regions that consist entirely of just boathouses: eventually, ppl will need to start populating in the inland parts of the regions too. From the aerial screengrabs I've seen from SSP, though, looks like LL made quite the (successful) effort to do just that: offer a landscaping setup where a great many boathouses will be possible. So, I'd say they're definitely on the ball with this.

12 minutes ago, Ed Faith said:

You wouldn’t have a LM for this, would you? I can’t find Bellisseria on the map 😔

Is this a valid link perhaps. It is just outside my house. Open the map and teleport all around when you are there. https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Evallen/3/116/0/

Edited by Marianne Little

34 minutes ago, Ed Faith said:

I can’t find Bellisseria on the map 😔

You can't find any continents on the map by name.  Search works at the region level, not the continent level.  However, if you open your map view and zoom Waaaay out and then pan around to find a mega-grouping of regions that looks like this

37ef48db4d251e8c276e144f0e3c14f4.png

Belliseria is the sort of hook-shaped continent that's in the extreme lower right. Center that area and zoom back in to find a good place to start exploring.

Or do what Marianne suggested and just get a region name somewhere in Belliseria and TP directly.  ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well I will be going back to a Greyson I think may move to Tahoe. Classics may be old but I still enjoy walking over the areas and right now I can get my pick. I will be watching for the next release but for now until they get done and I get why it is taking a bit I seen the area and it is beautiful and well worth the wait. So while I am waiting I am going to learn to make clothes. woohoo. so if ya let your classic go like a bunch of us grab another and enjoy. I use to have to wait and wait for a grayson in meadowbrook. lol not anymore I get my pick if I go that route and I also may go quad that way less to pick back up. Yes a lazy packer...lol Keep up the good work second life..... 

• Like 3

On 4/24/2019 at 12:57 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I pressed the refresh button for maybe two minutes today before snagging the houseboat. YMMV, though.

I did the same thing today and got the sweetest spot on the outer banks of "Double" region.  Unobstructed sunset view, Dogbone Island close by, and no one behind me.  Refreshing ever so often finally paid off.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

I did the same thing today and got the sweetest spot on the outer banks of "Double" region.  Unobstructed sunset view, Dogbone Island close by, and no one behind me.  Refreshing ever so often finally paid off.

That's very similar to the one I have, except I'm farther north and have a lighthouse nearby instead of Dogbone. I was surprised not only to get a boathouse, but that it was a good one. Weird that people are giving up such nice ones!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

That's very similar to the one I have, except I'm farther north and have a lighthouse nearby instead of Dogbone. I was surprised not only to get a boathouse, but that it was a good one. Weird that people are giving up such nice ones!

Well, I guess it's their loss and our gain :)

Edited by Cougar Sangria
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ClaudiaOoOo said:

abandoned my traditional home two days ago , saw there were no more available , now see my old homes a coffee shop , how weird is that ! anyhow been premium for months really sick I cant get a house boat or indeed any house now 

More boats may be coming next week or the following week(guess). They're working on them. Traditional housing, though.. best bet is to hope to grab one if somebody abandons for a house boat, otherwise we'll be waiting who knows how many months.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dakotabless said:

Im not seeing any others even besides the house boats 

Have you already got an old Linden Home? It won't show you any if you have.

That's a downside; you have to abandon your old home first - the advice on that is don't until the new batch become available. Then hope!

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Bella Wytchwood said:

Is there anymore coming out soon?  @Patch Linden  Also dont like how it says "Newbie" next to my name, since I have been on SecondLife for 10 years :/ 

follow the sticky thread about updates on this forum section ... new homes are not expcted within a few days.
The newbie will change as soon you post here enough, been here ten years and just two  .... forum subtitle can be changed after 500 posts.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.