Houseboat

Areaian Ellisson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

follow the sticky thread about updates on this forum section ... new homes are not expcted within a few days.
The newbie will change as soon you post here enough, been here ten years and just two  .... forum subtitle can be changed after 500 posts.

ty that makes sense!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bella Wytchwood said:

ty that makes sense!  

if you like pics homes, garden or avatar looks.. perhaps join the huge long running threads in the peoples section.. your postingcount will raise fast :)

Edited by Fox Wijaya
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

if you like pics homes, garden or avatar looks.. perhaps join the huge long running threads in the peoples section.. your postingcount will raise fast :)

literally speaking 'like' is not enough. We has to post.  Like this post

(+1 more now for me. 164 to go 😛 )

Edited by Mollymews
164 lol
  • Like 2

On 4/24/2019 at 6:05 PM, kiramanell said:

Perhaps on your homes page. On mine it says stuff like "Skylight Prim Limit: 117 prims | Space: 512 sqm".

Also, while we're at it, preemptively, 'crappy' might have been a mite too strong. Nevertheless, by today's mesh-enhanced standards, these old homes, if not crappy, certainly look like they were built for a simulator belonging to something existing 20 years ago. If it were up to me, I'd phase 'em all out (and give ppl nice replacement homes).

That's interesting - I got a house yesterday (old style - might as well wait for the next batch of new homes in relative comfort...) and the capacity is definitely 175 for me (I checked inworld). It'll be an interesting challenge, though it helps that my taste leans towards minimalism...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arquet said:

That's interesting - I got a house yesterday (old style - might as well wait for the next batch of new homes in relative comfort...) and the capacity is definitely 175 for me (I checked inworld). It'll be an interesting challenge, though it helps that my taste leans towards minimalism...

They're definitely 175 prim: I was relying on old info at the time (they really need to update that page). It's 175 for the old homes, and double that, 350, for the new ones.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 6:05 PM, kiramanell said:

Perhaps on your homes page. On mine it says stuff like "Skylight Prim Limit: 117 prims | Space: 512 sqm".

Also, while we're at it, preemptively, 'crappy' might have been a mite too strong. Nevertheless, by today's mesh-enhanced standards, these old homes, if not crappy, certainly look like they were built for a simulator belonging to something existing 20 years ago. If it were up to me, I'd phase 'em all out (and give ppl nice replacement

Edited by Arquet
sent too early, fumbling with the editor

33 minutes ago, Arquet said:

The new ones are so much better - more prims, more manageable areas. Can't wait to be able to get one.

The houses and houseboats are just the bait!  Come and visit and explore in the meantime and you’ll find all the other reasons why this new continent is awesome!  Maybe join the refugees who have created their own place in Bellisseria as stray animals and vacationers and fake part time workers and having great fun! 🐿😻🥳👻🐶🦇🦆🐹🐋🐓💃🏽🕺🏽🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏼‍♂️🧜🏻‍♂️🧜🏾‍♀️👨🏽‍🍳🕵🏾‍♂️👮🏻‍♂️👮🏽‍♀️👨🏼‍🏫👩🏼‍🏫👩🏾‍🚒👨🏾‍🚒👩🏿‍🎨👨🏽‍🎨👋🏽

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Arquet said:

My taste leans towards maximalism. 😁 I'm really used to having a lot of prim available to me, so I ran out already. Today, however, I discovered an exciting new way to save even more LI, though. :) I use many point-lights. Those are typically 100% transparent prims, set to the physics shape of 'none'. Linked to the build like that, it shaves off a lot of LI. At some point, however, the system kept counting them anyway; and that adds up (I have like easily 45 small accent point-lights). Today, however, I discovered that if I took a small mesh-object (found by accident in a build somewhere, used for particle effects), the system/linkset will start to 'absorb' them again. Not kidding, I just saved an extra 24 LI (Sic!) already, and I'me not even half-way done!

Happy as punch. I had just put in a new breakfast area, and came about 30 prim short. And now it looks like I'll actually be able to make it. And then some. :)

• Like 3

Wow, that's really interesting, never heard of point-lights before- I'll have to try that in the old Linden home! And experiment with them in general, it sounds really interesting, so thanks for that! I'm learning a lot, reading these threads.

I saw the pics you posted of your place - it's really impressive. Very different from what I'd do 😄, but very very impressive.

I'm enjoying seeing what people do with their homes so much - thank you so much to all those who are happy to open their doors!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

The houses and houseboats are just the bait!  Come and visit and explore in the meantime and you’ll find all the other reasons why this new continent is awesome!  Maybe join the refugees who have created their own place in Bellisseria as stray animals and vacationers and fake part time workers and having great fun! 🐿😻🥳👻🐶🦇🦆🐹🐋🐓💃🏽🕺🏽🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏼‍♂️🧜🏻‍♂️🧜🏾‍♀️👨🏽‍🍳🕵🏾‍♂️👮🏻‍♂️👮🏽‍♀️👨🏼‍🏫👩🏼‍🏫👩🏾‍🚒👨🏾‍🚒👩🏿‍🎨👨🏽‍🎨👋🏽

Oh, I do, I do, I'm slowly making my way through the home parade - it's wonderful! And I went sailing for the first time a few days ago, and loved it. Next - bicycles! I might even go to a party at some point, though I don't know what my computer will say to that...

☺️

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Arquet said:

Wow, that's really interesting, never heard of point-lights before- I'll have to try that in the old Linden home! And experiment with them in general, it sounds really interesting, so thanks for that! I'm learning a lot, reading these threads.

I saw the pics you posted of your place - it's really impressive. Very different from what I'd do 😄, but very very impressive.

I'm enjoying seeing what people do with their homes so much - thank you so much to all those who are happy to open their doors!

Thanks! ❤️

I'm really enjoying what others are doing too, especially because it's ofen so different from what I do (and in many cases, decidedly better even). I just keep getting amazed at what ppl are able to accomplish, the ideas they come up with, and, last but not least, the economy at which they magage to make things look so good, and then still have like 100 prim to spare. 😛

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

LOL @ all those emotes. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arquet said:

The new ones are so much better - more prims, more manageable areas. Can't wait to be able to get one.

I have an alt monitor the homes page. It is (an average of) 3 homes abandoned every day. Yesterday it was a boat too. My timezone is CEST. I am not logged in on that page 24/7, but a fair amount of time.

I have not been monitoring it SL prime time, what ever that is. Eastcoast or Westcoast?

They are visible for 5-10 seconds before they are snatched up. Only way you can see them is with an auto-refresh that alerts you with popup and sound as soon as the word Bellisseria appears. Even then, you must be very, very fast. 

I use Chrome and Auto Refresh Plus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

THANK YOU! That's incredibly useful information. I'm GMT so not that far off, timewise, so that makes it even more relevant to me. I have been refreshing the page on a semi regular basis, but so far no luck. Never mind, I can wait...

I'll have a look at Auto Refresh Plus.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

There is no getting around the fact that Premium Members paying the same price are not getting the same benefits.  This needs to be fixed.  

In RL, my cable company every year or two increases the price of my selected channel package AND at the same time, takes channels out so that I have to upgrade to a higher level, at and even higher rate increase, just to keep what I had.

When that happens, my next door neighbor, whose contract hold him for a few more months till, is getting a better channel setup for less than me.

Welcome to Life

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In RL, my cable company every year or two increases the price of my selected channel package AND at the same time, takes channels out so that I have to upgrade to a higher level, at and even higher rate increase, just to keep what I had.

Welcome to Life

The fact remains:  Premium Members paying the same price are not getting the same benefits.  This needs to be fixed.  

On 6/2/2019 at 9:07 PM, Arquet said:

THANK YOU! That's incredibly useful information. I'm GMT so not that far off, timewise, so that makes it even more relevant to me. I have been refreshing the page on a semi regular basis, but so far no luck. Never mind, I can wait...

I'll have a look at Auto Refresh Plus.

Thanks again!

Auto refresh plus is really the best. You must have the "plus" version that alert you when a certain text comes up, like Bellisseria. My alt tested if he could grab it, took a houseboat and abandoned it immediately. He is in catch & release mode now. 

Edited by Marianne Little
typos
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.