Houseboat

Areaian Ellisson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

ok  now if i abandon the linden home i have, in reality i have more than 512 land,,,,,, so if i went to buy main land would the prim allowance be that of the new continent or what is here on the old linden sims ,,,,, cannot seem to find that ,,,,,   they said the auctions on the mainland to use what you have ,,,, trying to figure all this out ,,,,,,, i like having space as i also use to rent  as well as have the linden home   so for me trying to figure out to just buy mainland instead of renting additional  

On the Mainland, the prim allowance for a 1024 sq m parcel is the same as for Bellisseria, unless you buy in one of the double prim areas like Bay City or Horizons. Those double prim parcels are usually very pricey, though. 

ETA: Prim allowance is tied to the size of the parcel. The reason the Bellisseria parcels have more than the old Linden homes is simply because the parcels are twice as large. The same is true on Mainland.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 3

I  think the auction thing is not working  all  i saw were things that really were owned and for rent ,,,, i am looking to see where do i look for the linden auction......... i  am  not going to renew at discount rate as i am quarterly  and just paid and doing so twice in this period until all the future information about the rest is announced and solid  .  so I abandoned my linden home and chose to rent from a wonderful person who when i first came to second life was so kind and helpful and always a joy and a blessing  plus i am blessed to call her friend  ,,,, After all the information is out later then i  can make the  best decision for me. Now that my avi  has  a safe home i can once again enjoy second life🍕🍧

1 hour ago, roseelvira said:

I  think the auction thing is not working  all  i saw were things that really were owned and for rent

What page were you looking at?  Maybe you were looking at some sort of land sale/rental listing.  All auctions are for Mainland and are a true "sales" thing.  Were you checking this page:

https://places.secondlife.com/auctions

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

14 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

i went to the search page with the classifieds etc

Ahh, yes -- that is land for sale and rent.  You can find what you want there, but you'll need to work at it.  Note that you can find things for sale inworld that is not listed on the Auction page.  Since LL takes a cut from the auctions, some folks don't use them to sell their land. 

You can use inworld search by pulling up the Search window, clicking the Land & Rentals tab, then click 'View all land & rentals".  The LL viewer would be:
image.png.62c72c5234f5eddac636b65ac9da249f.png

Then on the left, be sure "For Sale" is ticked and select a "Type" of Mainland:
image.png.5d78fdafe2ab8bf7b6bf870c6bcf942a.png

You can also just open up the World map and scroll around, looking for the parcels with a $ like these:

image.thumb.png.4057c039a7356758547f5f08305c1ae8.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, roseelvira said:

i saw were things that really were owned and for rent ,,,

If you were looking at the land for sale classifieds, it also possible that you came across parcels where the owner has it up for sale, but also is open to renting the parcel out (which takes if off the 'for sale' side of things until it's vacant again).  There are several mainland land companies that operate in this fashion. 

2 hours ago, mtimmins92 said:

so basically I see no new style houseboats available, that means that I am stuck with an old style property until more become available, I am guessing that it is currently a waiting game until more become available

Yes  They are working on the next release. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mtimmins92 said:

so basically I see no new style houseboats available, that means that I am stuck with an old style property until more become available, I am guessing that it is currently a waiting game until more become available

Or you monitor the page in case some abandon a house or a boat.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.