Houseboat

Areaian Ellisson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The process was interesting to watch.

It went more or less like this:

1. The first few plots on the land were aligned and the initial streets were built off of that.
  2. Terrain got adjusted to fit the streets
  3. Additional plots were laid out and aligned
  4. Walkways were run in a sensible fashion from street to where the entrance to the home on each plot wound show up.
  5. Terrain was adjusted again to fit the walkways
  6. Houses were rezzed in and terrain was adjusted again to make sure the ground wasn't clipping into houses.

This is just to get the initial layout done. Consider how many extra terrain features there are in the existing areas, rocks, hedges, walls, etc. It's a lot of work getting all this stuff deployed. And on top of THAT.. we've only got somewhere around half of the continent even visible yet.

Edited by Gearhead Gaffer
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 6/2/2019 at 7:36 PM, Marianne Little said:

They are visible for 5-10 seconds before they are snatched up. Only way you can see them is with an auto-refresh that alerts you with popup and sound as soon as the word Bellisseria appears. Even then, you must be very, very fast. 

I use Chrome and Auto Refresh Plus.

Yay… I was going to come back to this and say the sound alert doesn't work for me*, and never mind, but it does. A house came up and I got the alert. Didn't get the house but I'm pleased that I've confirmed to myself the set up works.

Now I have a question (not sure if I should start a new thread?): I had pre-filled the parcel name, to gain time, which means that I had to click on the drop down arrow to select Bellisseria (it doesn't appear as the first choice when the parcel name is prefilled). Now I'm thinking that it would probably be faster altogether if the parcel name was left unfilled, because then Bellisseria would become the default option when it appears, at least that's my understanding (please somebody let me know if I'm wrong…)

Is there a way to go back to the status of the page as it is when you first land on it? I'm thinking that even if I delete the parcel name now, that's not the same thing? Does anybody know?

*I had tested it with "Meadowbrook", and didn't get an alert at the page  reload, so that seemed a reasonable conclusion…

20 minutes ago, Arquet said:

Is there a way to go back to the status of the page as it is when you first land on it? I'm thinking that even if I delete the parcel name now, that's not the same thing? Does anybody know?

First log out and back in to see if that does it.  If not, try closing the browser and restarting it.  Final would be to clear browser cache.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arquet said:

Yay… I was going to come back to this and say the sound alert doesn't work for me*, and never mind, but it does. A house came up and I got the alert. Didn't get the house but I'm pleased that I've confirmed to myself the set up works.

Now I have a question (not sure if I should start a new thread?): I had pre-filled the parcel name, to gain time, which means that I had to click on the drop down arrow to select Bellisseria (it doesn't appear as the first choice when the parcel name is prefilled). Now I'm thinking that it would probably be faster altogether if the parcel name was left unfilled, because then Bellisseria would become the default option when it appears, at least that's my understanding (please somebody let me know if I'm wrong…)

Hehe, that audio alert wasn't working for me either, at first... until I realized you need to actually enable the feature first. Doh on me. 🤪

As for retaining the name, fill it in once, and then press 'Next'. Then just press the Back button, and from there on in, the name will survive a refresh even.

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

Hehe, that audio alert wasn't working for me either, at first... until I realized you need to actually enable the feature first. Doh on me. 🤪

As for retaining the name, fill it in once, and then press 'Next'. Then just press the Back button, and from there on in, the name will survive a refresh even.

ha! Yes, I've made that mistake too... Also it took me a while to realise that once it has sounded the alert, you need to restart it, it doesn't keep going on its own. Still, I'd rather find out now...

As for the name surviving a refresh, thanks,  but...I'm not even sure if that's possible, but I was looking for the opposite trick. Reason for that is that - on my system at least - I used to have to manually click the arrow of the drop down choice menu to select Bellisseria even when Bellisseria  WAS in the list ( so I was hoping to save ooohhh I don't know... 2 seconds... three maybe? It sounds utterly ridiculous when written like that...😃)  ...all that because I had named my parcel already. But that seem to have solved itself (maybe because of auto refresh itself) so it's all good. Well, apart from missing out on a boat just now, but hey... not long till the new batch, right?

the problem ,,,,,,, we  as premium  members paying almost the same depending, on if you are yearly , monthly, quarterly,  there is a bit of amount difference as one would expect like ,when you take out a loan and have a few types of payment options.

the problem is amount of prims and land.  It is not about  you using the  land or even the house it is about what you are truly paying for. 

Just as the slot group thing was a  huge issues and by the way a smart smoke screen and diversion away from addressing  this  problem .What are you getting for your money!!!!

A few years back they raised the prim limit for everyone /almost the same time /within a month so maybe  they should have could have the new homes and boats usable same prims as the old UNTIL  EVERYTHING WAS FINISHED AND THEN RELEASED THE ADDED PRIMS TO EVERY ONE AT THE  SAME TIME.    This mad dash  is not about the new house or boat it is about the amount we pay and the  prims and usable  land .  

NO ONE WANTS TO PAY MORE FOR LESS !!!!!  And sniping  insulting ,hurtful  reply s and comments to one another is so very unbecoming  to the ones who snipe ,insult, hurt others  .We are all in second life two enjoy and be of positive help to one another  . 

I don't know how many more ways people can explain that you are not getting "less". If you want to believe you are being ripped off, that is your choice, and it appears no one can convince you otherwise.

However, you also have a choice as to what to do about it. If you really feel you are getting less, why on earth would you continue paying? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

every month you get a basket  

store ,,,,,,,,  basket  contents ,,,, perfume ,,,,6 oz  foundation 2 oz  nail polish 3 bottles    amount  10.00  for being member 

store ,,,,,,  updating basket and contents  same wonderful products   please pay your monthly 10.00

store ,,,,,, working on the baskets ,,,,, please pay monthly  10.00

store limited baskets ,,,,,more arriving later please pay monthly  10.00   ran  out ,,,, here is the   older basket

next month nope  no new baskets this month take the old one please pay your 10.00

next month ,,,,,you find out the new  baskets had twice as much ,,,,items but same price ,,,,,  and the customers who got shipped the  new baskets continue to get the new baskets while you still get the old,,,,,,,,but you still hae topay your 10.00 

it is not the same ,,, 117 prims and the new prims are not equal ,,,,,, nor is the land ,,,,,  

Edited by roseelvira

Quick question.  How does one look for a Houseboat?  Do they show up on the Linden land option under the account setting?  I'm only seeing house neighborhoods there.  Or is there another place to look for available houseboats?

Just now, WLMoody said:

Quick question.  How does one look for a Houseboat?  Do they show up on the Linden land option under the account setting?  I'm only seeing house neighborhoods there.  Or is there another place to look for available houseboats?

This page off of your dashboard:  https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php

For now, you will only see the older homes. When something new becomes available, it will show up there.

• Like 2

Just now, WLMoody said:

Ok, so I just check the page obsessively.  I can handle that ;)

Read a few threads here -- there is a browser 'auto refresher' add-in that some are using to monitor the page and alert you when a new one is available. Even with that though, you have to be super quick to claim one of the random abandoned ones.

Most of us are guessing that the next batch will come out after the SL16B celebration, where they will also be previewing a new theme.  Though it is "slightly possible" that they'll release the next small batch of house and houseboats before that.

• Like 1

not whining ,,,, stating a fact ,,,,,,.... 2+2 =4 ,,,,,,,  

fact  older home  less prim available   

fact ,,,, still  waiting on information  not to be released till July 

at least w my membership  if i went basic now i would still pay till the end of my membership time   

i would regardless as i keep my commitments.

i  now read the forums for information   have been  learning  so much about  so many thing on so very very very many levels

Some express their differing opinions and some just go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

in multiple threads even

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Some express their differing opinions and some just go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

in multiple threads even

Cutest-Beating-Dead-Horse-GIF.gif

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

ok  now if i abandon the linden home i have, in reality i have more than 512 land,,,,,, so if i went to buy main land would the prim allowance be that of the new continent or what is here on the old linden sims ,,,,, cannot seem to find that ,,,,,   they said the auctions on the mainland to use what you have ,,,, trying to figure all this out ,,,,,,, i like having space as i also use to rent  as well as have the linden home   so for me trying to figure out to just buy mainland instead of renting additional  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.