Houseboat

Areaian Ellisson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Areaian Ellisson said:

I abandoned my old linden home to get a houseboat. I go to select my new home but the only option i have is the traditional style. I do not have the option to get a houseboat. What am I missing?

When you get to the page shown below, can you click on the Houseboat image?  The screen defaults to the traditional homes, but I can still click on Houseboat.

image.png.53126148cf4f54039e5dfdc5506214b6.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

More boats will be released in the near future, there are large parts of the continent which have not yet been released which are going to have more houseboats.

So get one of the traditional homes for now, and get a houseboat when more come available.

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 1

Sigh.

I heard about this whilst I was at work. I won't be home for another 2 or 3 hours, no doubt all the traditional ones will be gone by then too.

When is Linden Lab going to release sufficient homes to meet demand?

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, loverdag said:

I think they are already all taken, so only the classic homes are available.

house.png.a05aecda32710f7a76fb6e260408a50f.png

Someone must have done an Abandon just before I hit the page earlier to check (after your post) because the Houseboat option was there for me, but not now.

43 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

When is Linden Lab going to release sufficient homes to meet demand?

31 minutes ago, Dansintherain said:

Ugh! One day and they are all gone?  I got rid of mine too assuming they would still be there.  So much for premium. Hopefully they will get more out soon.

My guess is that they did not realize just how popular this was going to be or they would have had more ready right off the bat.  I'm also guessing they are now working very, very hard to get more out there as quick as they can.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That is the reason I didn't get the traditional house, I am not going to use space that others can have if I plan on changing once they come out. :)

My guess is that they did not realize just how popular this was going to be or they would have had more ready right off the bat.  I'm also guessing they are now working very, very hard to get more out there as quick as they can.

19 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

We do have more houseboats coming soon!  You can always take a Traditional home today, they are still available, and then switch later as more houseboat supply becomes available.

Maybe release the next batch in a different time frame to give other time zones preference.  This time opened up around noon US, give or take a bit, which was probably perfect for much of Europe or anyone in the US that doesn't work during the day.  With this go-round it was all so popular that by the time I got home from work (in the US), all of the beach houses were taken and most of the best houseboat locations were also gone. 

For me, I got lucky and got an awesome houseboat location backing to the open water and I preferred an inland house closer to the foothills/mountain ranges (though even that took 13 tries across 3 accounts before I got my perfect house location).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

16 minutes ago, Dansintherain said:

image.png.e3ba456eebfa7afa31713884b9822c7e.png

You put your response inside the quote box, which totally confused me at first because I was trying to figure out where I said that first line.

Readability is easier if you type your stuff outside the quoted box.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You put your response inside the quote box, which totally confused me at first because I was trying to figure out where I said that first line.

Readability is easier if you type your stuff outside the quoted box.

Oops sorry, haven't been here in a while. :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stephy Silvercloud said:

These new Homes, why are we not able to pick the style/size we want, like we've always been able to do? You click traditional, and it picks a random style/size for you...that doesn't make much sense to me.

No, you change the house when you come to your place. If you like the land around you and want to stay, click the mailbox and choose between 4 different houses.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

This really sucks. I just signed up for a year of premium to get a houseboat, and there are none. What a ripoff. :(

Classic LL...

You heard that LL will not allow banlines anymore? From today. If some people get mad and abandon their boat, you can snap it up. If you can, try and try again, today, tomorrow, and the next days. 

20 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

We do have more houseboats coming soon!  You can always take a Traditional home today, they are still available, and then switch later as more houseboat supply becomes available.

Will you start a waiting list?  As in register for one, reserved for 24 hours aft notification.

You are SURE to release the new ones for the US time zones.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The original SSP regions show lots more houseboats coming on the eastern side. My guess is they are working as fast as they can to get these ready to move over to the new continent due to the extreme demand....

Oh I'm sure.  But you know LL.

There don't seem to be any options even for the traditional houses now...

Honestly, I've been on less and less and wondering about cancelling my subscription... I figured though that the new houseboats and a busy region might make things more interesting for a while. Guess I was wrong. I'll see what happens but I don't have the goddam time to sit pressing refresh on a webpage...

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.