Houseboat

Areaian Ellisson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Auto refresh plus is really the best. You must have the "plus" version that alert you when a certain text comes up, like Bellisseria. My alt tested if he could grab it, took a houseboat and abandoned it immediately. He is in catch & release mode now. 

Thanks for this.  I am using it now.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

Premium benefits do not say anything about having access to a newer Linden Home. It says you can have a Linden Home. And you can!

Good customer service does not include pointing to the wording of the contract to justify something that is clearly not just.  If a grocer charges me the same amount for a bag of bad apples as he charges another customer for a bag of better apples, I am being wronged and I will tell the grocer I am not pleased about it.  He may be out of the good apples, and the other customers can count themselves as lucky, but I can also suggest that he should order some of the better apples.  He can, at the very least, tell me when I can expect the new apples to arrive.  If he really wants to keep my business, he can also give me a discount on the bad apples.  If he does not want to keep my business, he can just point to the sign that says how much apples cost and ignore my sense of fairness.  

The current situation is not fair.  Anyone can see that it is not fair.  Of course, I understand life is not fair, but there is no reason to be quiet about unfairness or to look the other way.  What is the point of being an apologist for this unfairness?  If LL receives complaints, then they have no motivation to improve the situation.  So, if everyone just agrees with saying "that's life" or makes arguments for them ,conflating a 175 prim parcel with a 351 prim parcel, then they have no reason to fix it.  

I am not condemning them.  I am just whining in the appropriate tone.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

I am not condemning them.  I am just whining in the appropriate tone.  

"Whining" being the operative word. No one made you buy any apples... you chose your apples. Yeah, you only took the bad apples because there were no good apples left... and this is a terrible analogy. 

LL says you can have a Linden Home. You have one. They are building new homes. No, not just new homes. They are building an entire continent from the ground up and releasing the new homes as they are finished. They are working out the kinks and bugs (and there are plenty) and taking their time to do Bellisseria properly instead of doing a cut/paste job and throwing down 40,000 homes to 40,000 people who are going to have the same 40,000 bugs and file 40,000 reports and JIRAs. 

In the meantime, you have a Linden Home. It's not the one you want... but the contract doesn't say a thing about having the one you want. 

And hopefully when you do get the one you want, all the bugs and kinks will have been worked out, because you will get the one you want. The Lindens and Moles have promised that they won't stop building until everyone has one, and they are working as fast as they can and juggling multiple projects at once. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

The current situation is not fair.  Anyone can see that it is not fair.  Of course, I understand life is not fair, but there is no reason to be quiet about unfairness or to look the other way.  What is the point of being an apologist for this unfairness?  If LL receives complaints, then they have no motivation to improve the situation.  So, if everyone just agrees with saying "that's life" or makes arguments for them ,conflating a 175 prim parcel with a 351 prim parcel, then they have no reason to fix it.

AMEN  AMEN AMEN   I HAVE TO AGREE    CHANGE  PRIM AND  LAND FOR FIRST GENERATION   HOMES  TO EQUAL TO THE NEW HOMES AND HOUSE BOATS  ,  IF LINDEN LABS HAD DONE THAT I DO THINK MORE PREMIUMS WOULD BE MORE TRUSTING OF WHAT THEY ARE ANNOUNCING . They said they were going to gradually phase the first generation homes . IF THEY INCREASED THE PRIM AND LAND  AMOUNT  FOR THE FIRST GENERATIONS HOMES IT WOULD BE A POSITIVE AND  THEN THEY COULD TAKE THEIR TIME WITH THE NEW HOUSE BOATS AND HOMES ,,,, 

Edited by roseelvira

5 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

"Whining" being the operative word. No one made you buy any apples... you chose your apples. Yeah, you only took the bad apples because there were no good apples left... and this is a terrible analogy. 

LL says you can have a Linden Home. You have one. They are building new homes. No, not just new homes. They are building an entire continent from the ground up and releasing the new homes as they are finished. They are working out the kinks and bugs (and there are plenty) and taking their time to do Bellisseria properly instead of doing a cut/paste job and throwing down 40,000 homes to 40,000 people who are going to have the same 40,000 bugs and file 40,000 reports and JIRAs. 

In the meantime, you have a Linden Home. It's not the one you want... but the contract doesn't say a thing about having the one you want. 

And hopefully when you do get the one you want, all the bugs and kinks will have been worked out, because you will get the one you want. The Lindens and Moles have promised that they won't stop building until everyone has one, and they are working as fast as they can and juggling multiple projects at once. 

I believe everything you say about LL.  I do understand that I am whining, that is why I said it.  I see no reason to be rude to me.  All analogies have problems, calling mine terrible seems unnecessarily uncharitable.  The thing is, I think you can understand my point of view.  You have not made any argument that dispels it.  If anything, you have shown you completely agree by explaining that LL is doing what I originally said they should do.  You might have just explained that to me as a service instead of seeking to belittle me.  

Anyhow, Beth.  No hard feelings on my end.  I do appreciate your providing me with the information that you did.  

14 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

AMEN ET they changed prim and land for the  first generation and the new,  IF LINDEN LABS HAD DONE THAT I DO THINK MORE PREMIUMS WOULD BE MORE TRUSTING OF WHAT THEY ARE ANNOUNCING . They said they were going to gradually phase the first generation homes . IF THEY INCREASED THE PRIM AND LAND  AMOUNT  FOR THE FIRST GENERATIONS HOMES IT WOULD BE A POSITIVE AND  THEN THEY COULD TAKE THEIR TIME WITH THE NEW HOUSE BOATS AND HOMES ,,,, 

If increasing prim counts for the old homes is technically feasible, I agree that would be a good move.  

2 minutes ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

I do understand that I am whining, that is why I said it. 

YOU ARE NOT WHINING ,,,,if fact it is a very important point  ,,,,,, and it does say NEW LINDEN HOMES  when you go to the splash page to sign up ,,,, and i am grateful for you bringing this up ,,,,,, many were so focused on the group thing and this is another issue ,,,, not fair for some to be paying  the  same amount  for premium and having less and i at least thought that  all new linden homes would be ready withing a month ,,,, so this  is a VALID  POINT THAT LINDENS SHOULD HAVE ADDRESSED  HUG AND THANK YOU   FOR BEING ON POINT  THIS IS ALSO A MAJOR SORE POINT FOR ME BESIDES THE  BUGS   THINGS NOT  WORKING 

2 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

YOU ARE NOT WHINING ,,,,if fact it is a very important point  ,,,,,, and it does say NEW LINDEN HOMES  when you go to the splash page to sign up ,,,, and i am grateful for you bringing this up ,,,,,, many were so focused on the group thing and this is another issue ,,,, not fair for some to be paying  the  same amount  for premium and having less and i at least thought that  all new linden homes would be ready withing a month ,,,, so this  is a VALID  POINT THAT LINDENS SHOULD HAVE ADDRESSED  HUG AND THANK YOU   FOR BEING ON POINT  THIS IS ALSO A MAJOR SORE POINT FOR ME BESIDES THE  BUGS   THINGS NOT  WORKING 

Thanks, Rose.  Let's hope the solution Beth mentioned will be ready soon.  In the meantime, I am staying at a friend's houseboat.  Sometimes we just have to make do.  I am lucky to have good friends to help me out!   

• Like 1

Everyone complained when the first Linden Homes were rolled out in one huge batch because there were problems and there was no way for LL to know that a particular theme would be more desired than another and thus they ran out of some styles very, very quickly.  In other words, they did the massive roll out once and people were not happy.

Apparently, damned if you do and damned if you don't.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Everyone complained when the first Linden Homes were rolled out in one huge batch because there were problems and there was no way for LL to know that a particular theme would be more desired than another and thus they ran out of some styles very, very quickly.  In other words, they did the massive roll out once and people were not happy.

Apparently, damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I am sure that goes with any job where you affect large numbers of people.  There will almost never be a move that does not cause complaints, and those complaints may be justified.  It seems to me it would be good to have a way to quantify opinions before making such moves.  Surveys, public forums on proposed changes and such... was that done?  I don't mean that as a rhetorical question; I truly have no idea.  

Edited by Perrain Berenohn

The issue here is the prim amount and land ,,,,,   if ll made it an equal prim amount and land amount  i think  people would not have been upset. and now  increasing the prices  and if you are  in  the  older  homes  and knowing  you are paying more for less prims and land ,,,, due to limited  inventory ,,,,  it is unfair ,,,,,, 

• Like 1

I refuse to live in the old LL homes for many different reasons. I prefer a community feeling over hodge podge placed home and ban lines. I had a beautifully located home in Bellisseria that I got on May 15th and just abandoned it 3 days ago due to it not being what I wanted anymore. Now I am playing the refresh game and got the same house twice and abandoned twice yesterday. I'll either keep rolling the page and have fun seeing what comes up or stick to my alts land until the new release.

There is a bit of a Catch-22 for the Premium Member.  Yes, I can move back into an old Linden Home.  But unless I have two premium accounts, I cannot watch for new homes homes while I am in the old home.  So, I have to be without a home for an unknown amount of time to avoid being shut out during the land-grab rush for the next batch of new homes.  

46 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

The issue here is the prim amount and land ,,,,,   if ll made it an equal prim amount and land amount  i think  people would not have been upset. and now  increasing the prices  and if you are  in  the  older  homes  and knowing  you are paying more for less prims and land ,,,, due to limited  inventory ,,,,  it is unfair ,,,,,, 

How is it that you are paying for less prims and land? A premium account gets a 1024 land allowance, period. If you use it on a new Linden home, an old Linden home, or Mainland, it is still the same land allowance. You are paying for the exact same land allowance as every other Premium member. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

How is it that you are paying for less prims and land? A premium account gets a 1024 land allowance, period. If you use it on a new Linden home, an old Linden home, or Mainland, it is still the same land allowance. You are paying for the exact same land allowance as every other Premium member.

In the first generation homes the prim allowance  is 175  and the home is 512   in some homes still once in a  while it will show 117 prims 

it is the new homes that have the 1024 land ,,,,,,  you can rez build in your home patio but thats it you do not get a yard or any of the stuff that the new homes have 

The purpose of Linden Home is to provide an opportunity for Premium account Residents of the Second Life virtual world to quickly own a home and belong to a community. Linden Home is available to Premium account holders with 512m2 of available tier. Premium accounts are provided 512m2 available tier at no cost

as quoted from the linden home covenant

1 minute ago, roseelvira said:

In the first generation homes the prim allowance  is 175  and the home is 512   in some homes still once in a  while it will show 117 prims 

it is the new homes that have the 1024 land ,,,,,,  you can rez build in your home patio but thats it you do not get a yard or any of the stuff that the new homes have 

True, but what I'm saying is that you actually have a 1024 sq m land allowance (whether you use part of it on an old 512 home or all of it on a new 1024 home). The land allowance you pay for is the same for all Premium members.

• Like 2

the land allowance if if you wish to buy ,,, but in the older homes you do not get that try to rez something on the ground out of the patio  not going to happen and you get all warning  you can use that if you wish to buy land from the  lindens but the free homes the older one only have the 512 to be able to use and no sky  boxes allowed and less prims 

• Like 1

= Linden Home Restrictions ==

Linden Home has unique restrictions in addition to those outlined in the Linden Home Terms and Conditions. By accepting a Linden Home, you agree to additional restrictions as follows:

* Linden Home is for residential use only.
    * Business use of any kind is prohibited, including parcel rental, rental boxes, classified ads or other forms of advertising, and event listings.
    * Land cannot be terraformed, sold, deeded to group, joined, or divided.
    * Land cannot contain sky boxes, temp-rezzers, or individual prims beyond the allocated size of the Second Life Viewer build tools — 10x10x10m (no megaprims).
    * Linden Homes may not be removed, modified, exchanged, set or deeded to group, or transferred.

* Use your Premium account's 512m2 included land tier allocation towards Linden Home.
    * Ready-to-move-in themed home on 512m2 parcel.
    * Select your own Linden Home theme.
    * Decorate your home with furnishings.
    * Invite your friends to your home.
    * Meet your neighbors and make friends.
    * Linden Homes are allocated 117 prims.
    * Set Home to here at your Linden Home location. (World menu > Set Home to Here.)
    * Set land and objects to group.

11 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

* Linden Homes are allocated 117 prims.  copied from the covenate on the home  i am   in at the present 

That 117 LI is old information. Old Linden homes have 512 m² parcel. That size parcel has 175 LI allowance.
You can even check that in land information window (about land) on the parcel. It will say 175 LI, not 117 LI.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

If increasing prim counts for the old homes is technically feasible, I agree that would be a good move.  

i agree with this also, if it is possible/feasible

however, there could be some issues for LL with converting the old Linden Homes regions to double-prim. Not totally sure how the LL server farm is set up, but it could mean moving all the regions to different, more powerful servers maybe. Which if so would be quite a big exercise

there is also a resident behavioural issue with this. Double-prim the old Linden Homes and quite few residents would have a greater incentive to not abandon them even when sufficient new Homes were available.  The greater incentive being a double-primmed old Linden Home and a 512m parcel elsewhere on mainland - split parcel holdings.  Which may be be good for us as residents but would I think impact the projected New Linden Homes plan

it has been indicated by Patch Linden previously on here, that there will be 512m parcels in the New Linden Homes mix, for residents who do want 512/512 split parcels. Double-primming the old Linden Homes would I think impact the uptake of these new Linden Homes 512s which would be single-prim parcels as I understand the current planning

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.