SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

5 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I was a little disappointed to find that it did not complete the circle which will be (what I call) the Sea of Fourze.
Why do I call it that? Because I live in Fourze, and I look out over that sea (well, a big lake, really 🙂 )
Perhaps one day I will learn the proper name for that sea/lake/puddle :D 

P.S. I know, I have to be patient, they will get to it soon™, but I wanted it NOWWWWWW!!! *stomps feet and cries and stuff*

THIS! I'm right below the Fourze lighthouse and I really, really, really want to be able to look out the other side of my boat and not see the edge of the world! I can't wait until they start working on that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

but how often do you get to live on the edge of the earth....you can go over there and sit on the edge of existence and hang your feet over into oblivion... :)   Now that you told everyone that you have your very own edge of the earth everyone will be whining about how they never got one and they pay the same amount as you it's unfair and they are being defrauded and discriminated against.  /rabble rabble

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

And you can't stop TP'ing in and out! Don't think I didn't notice :D:D:D

You've discovered my incredibly boring shopping habit. TP out, grab demos, TP home, try on demos, TP out, buy stuff, TP home, unpack.

Some day I'll do something more exciting, I swear!

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It's nice to see it shown on the map as well, particularly for those of us who don't have the SSPE region names memorized. ;)

I will usually type my own Bellisseria region and then move the map to see what all is happening on our continent itself. 

Or I'll just type SSP with any number to get to the actual SSP regions and move the map around to see what is going on there and thus what might be coming.

• Like 1

I am looking forward to when the next 3 regions will be added to the south of these latest additions. 

It will be so nice to be able to sail right to the Fairgrounds and the future location of the Pickle (not the Squishy one, mind you!) without having to go the long way around.

Yes, I can be patient and I will be, and I know that unless someone at LDPW is very very nice, those regions will be added in a few weeks, months if things don't go as hoped. But I wanted to share this nonetheless.

image.png.bb5e5597cbabb5c7bd373c45203bc75c.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

and the future location of the Pickle (not the Squishy one, mind you!) without having to go the long way around.

I'm confused on this part.  Up in the SSP area, the houseboat area (pickle) that is on the NE of the Bellisseria mainland was just a work area.  I don't think they have any intention of moving it to the south of the Bellisseria continent or building another one down there.  Putting another one down there would definitely interfere with the logical continent land progression to the south.

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm confused on this part.  Up in the SSP area, the houseboat area (pickle) that is on the NE of the Bellisseria mainland was just a work area.  I don't think they have any intention of moving it to the south of the Bellisseria continent or building another one down there.  Putting another one down there would definitely interfere with the logical continent land progression to the south.

I think she's referring to the original green pickle which is located east-central to the main continent on the SSP map :)

21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There is really nothing to be confused about. The Squishy Pickle (the subcontinent that was put in to the north east of Bellisseria) was based on the original pickle but was ultimately an emergency measure as an answer to the high demand for houseboats.
But the plans for the ORIGINAL pickle were never scrapped. If they were, then the LDPW would have plopped the Squishy Pickle in the location of the original pickle. The fact that they didn't do that is evidence that they will put the original pickle in its originally intended spot at Bellisseria at some point. We just don't know when.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I will usually type my own Bellisseria region and then move the map to see what all is happening on our continent itself. 

Or I'll just type SSP with any number to get to the actual SSP regions and move the map around to see what is going on there and thus what might be coming.

I can't do any of that while I'm at work, though, because I have no access to SL there. So when people include maps in their forum posts, it's helpful. :)

• Like 5

• Administrators
11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

We were going to put the squishy pickle south of the continent, but we ultimately decided it was too jarring of a transition for the south end of the continent.  In my MTL I mentioned filling in that 2 region wide strip of water going to south, squishy pickle was intended to be that start.  We moved it to where it is today, and the original pickle isn't moving either.  😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

13 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

There is really nothing to be confused about. The Squishy Pickle (the subcontinent that was put in to the north east of Bellisseria) was based on the original pickle but was ultimately an emergency measure as an answer to the high demand for houseboats.
But the plans for the ORIGINAL pickle were never scrapped. If they were, then the LDPW would have plopped the Squishy Pickle in the location of the original pickle. The fact that they didn't do that is evidence that they will put the original pickle in its originally intended spot at Bellisseria at some point. We just don't know when.

image.png

I do like this original pickle - much more than the squishy one all pressed with houseboats. This lovely isle is a place I would like to make a little boat excursion to with a nice big sandy beach for Picknicks and relaxing and swimming. Would be an awfull waste if it would be cancelled alltogether. Couldn't it just come to life where it is ... ignoring the fact that it has a twinbrother more to the north?

It would in fact be my super-favourite place to live! Either on one of the houseboats or in a house - in case the middle of it would be sprinkeled woth houses.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

...We moved it to where it is today, and the original pickle isn't moving either.  😁

Pardon I didn't quite understand this. Is the original pickle staying in it's original place (which I would like a lot) or is it just vanishing because the Squishy Pickle took its place and you cannot have two isles of the same shape so close together?

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Pardon I didn't quite understand this. Is the original pickle staying in it's original place (which I would like a lot) or is it just vanishing because the Squishy Pickle took its place and you cannot have two isles of the same shape so close together?

🍌 🍆  🥒  The squishy pickle isn't located where the original pickle is located.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

🍌 🍆  🥒  The squishy pickle isn't located where the original pickle is located.  

Sorry no English native speaker so I might have expressed it badly- I knew that.

I meant that you might not want to have two islands of the same shape around one continent and so sort of SPENT the pickle by using it in the northeast corner with lots of boats and for that deleted the original one on the middleast side in your plans - maybe later replacing it with an isle of another form and/or size.

But if I got you right there will be the two of them , won't there?

• Moles

The "pickles" may be the same shape on the map (roughly), but that doesn't mean they will look or feel the same by any means when you are actually there. They would if they were a direct clone of each other, but that is exactly what we want to avoid. Seeing an area on the map is very different from experiencing it in world. Elevation, content and terrain makes a world of difference. 

As far as the name, Evangeline Arcadiaif comes from a discussion when we came up with the idea of using those regions as a basis for more houseboats. Since the beginning people have said they think Bellisseria looks like a baby dragon sitting in a boot eating a pickle (although some think it's a hot dog). So we started calling the regions making up that island "the pickle". Originally we were going to take those blank terraformed regions and cut out the regions in the middle and just "squish" it together. Thus the name "Squishy Pickle" for the project. Instead, I gutted the center and terraformed it so more houseboats would fit inside, but by then the name had already stuck. So when Glam made the gorgeous beach-side concession stand we faux branded it "The Squishy Pickle Bar" to cement the name in SL lore forever. 

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 7

On 6/25/2019 at 1:53 PM, Daniel Voyager said:
On 6/25/2019 at 1:44 PM, Fritigern Gothly said:

I think it would be cool if LL would release at random times. For example, one day they release at 1PM, the next time at 11 PM, and yet another time they will release at 4:30 AM. 

This will make the release time unpredictable, and invalidates the argument that LL favors users in USA time zones.
Alternatively, LL could move the release time up by 2 hours every release day. Monday it'd be at 4pm, Wednesday at 6pm, Friday at 8pm and the next monday at 10pm, etc.

Of course, these two ideas would only work if the release process can be automated, and for as far as I know this is still done manually.

Good idea and this actually makes sense.  

This would be an improvement to just releasing them randomly. And with planning and communicating with all "team members" needed to release a region it could be done!!! 

• Sad 1