Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Could be worse someone is gonna end up living in his nose

If that's where I get a houseboat I'd be ok with that lol 

Edited by ananoelle
Fixed auto correct medling
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Jamesborough backyards merge beautifully  --

 

606510577_jamesboroughbackyards.thumb.jpg.f62e55ef9a5f97a1483b58d2df0e0db8.jpg

Beautiful picture.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smokey is a lovely region. I have been watching it for awhile. It encompasses  a wide waterway with the western side being home to a dock rez zone.    Coming soon to your refresher window. 

 

66720967_SmokeyDocks.thumb.jpg.9b68aacd6745943d61c65cd6fce5ed0b.jpg

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Smokey is a lovely region. I have been watching it for awhile. It encompasses  a wide waterway with the western side being home to a dock rez zone.    Coming soon to your refresher window. 

 

66720967_SmokeyDocks.thumb.jpg.9b68aacd6745943d61c65cd6fce5ed0b.jpg

That is lovely. Houses on the water's edge, it's a great look. I find it helps restore my FPS too just staring at water for a while. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Clarrellae said:

I find it helps restore my FPS too just staring at water for a while.

I think it helps restore my personal FPS as well! (struck me as a good metaphor)

@Chic Aeon looks gorgeous!

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious, and this seems like the right place (semi-right?) to post my question. With all the attention on the appearance, development, (and waiting), it seems a shame to ignore one major characteristic of the regions; it's name!

So, does anyone know how the Bellisseria regions get their names? As in, do the Moles or Lindens working on that particular region put their heads together and come up with a list of names and then randomly draw one out of a hat? Is one team member assigned name duty rights? Is that duty rotational, meaning, do they take it in turns with each new region created to name? What's the inspiration? What's the limitation or restriction? Can anyone hazard a guess?

Again, I'm just curious as I was camming around just to have a read. Some of them are quite funny. Some make me wonder if we have some drunk Moles or Lindens on the loose. Some have to be philosophical, if not tongue-in-cheek, or literary or pop culture references, or just plain out-of-the-box thinking. I'm not sure if I've seen the information before (though if it has been posted and someone knows where it is, please feel free to link me, I'd be most appreciative).

Maybe @Abnor Mole or @Patch Linden, or any of the other creative team members might weigh in on this. Or not. :) 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I'm curious, and this seems like the right place (semi-right?) to post my question. With all the attention on the appearance, development, (and waiting), it seems a shame to ignore one major characteristic of the regions; it's name!

So, does anyone know how the Bellisseria regions get their names? As in, do the Moles or Lindens working on that particular region put their heads together and come up with a list of names and then randomly draw one out of a hat? Is one team member assigned name duty rights? Is that duty rotational, meaning, do they take it in turns with each new region created to name? What's the inspiration? What's the limitation or restriction? Can anyone hazard a guess?

Again, I'm just curious as I was camming around just to have a read. Some of them are quite funny. Some make me wonder if we have some drunk Moles or Lindens on the loose. Some have to be philosophical, if not tongue-in-cheek, or literary or pop culture references, or just plain out-of-the-box thinking. I'm not sure if I've seen the information before (though if it has been posted and someone knows where it is, please feel free to link me, I'd be most appreciative).

Maybe @Abnor Mole or @Patch Linden, or any of the other creative team members might weigh in on this. Or not. :) 

There's probably a little bit of all of the above involved.  😂

We have a master region names list, it is something that the team sits down on occasion and brainstorms on.  

  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patch Linden said:

There's probably a little bit of all of the above involved.  😂

We have a master region names list, it is something that the team sits down on occasion and brainstorms on.  

Thanks Patch. Good to know! :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

By the way: if some Bellisseria citizen with time and artistic skills on his/her hand would do a service to the community:

How about a MAP of the continent (a big pgn file to download - or to pass on as a texture inworld) with all the names and  the SIM CROSSINGS on it? I can look inworld at the map and when I point to a special pace I can see how that region is called, but I cannot see where one beginns and the other ends and I cannot see all the names at once.

Besides sheer curiosity and to be able to judge where I woud like or wouldn't like to live it is the SIM CROSSINGS that often make problems for vehicles and even pedestrians so it is good to know where they are.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 7:41 PM, Fritigern Gothly said:


Maybe they should go to their mailbox and reset their home. :D 

The RL Linden home developments are quite common there's one in my town. Reminds me, I don't know how much of a coincidence it is but in Bellisseria there's a sim called Colchester and in RL there's a town of the same name that happens to have a big development of Linden homes 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I'm curious, and this seems like the right place (semi-right?) to post my question. With all the attention on the appearance, development, (and waiting), it seems a shame to ignore one major characteristic of the regions; it's name!

So, does anyone know how the Bellisseria regions get their names? As in, do the Moles or Lindens working on that particular region put their heads together and come up with a list of names and then randomly draw one out of a hat? Is one team member assigned name duty rights? Is that duty rotational, meaning, do they take it in turns with each new region created to name? What's the inspiration? What's the limitation or restriction? Can anyone hazard a guess?

Again, I'm just curious as I was camming around just to have a read. Some of them are quite funny. Some make me wonder if we have some drunk Moles or Lindens on the loose. Some have to be philosophical, if not tongue-in-cheek, or literary or pop culture references, or just plain out-of-the-box thinking. I'm not sure if I've seen the information before (though if it has been posted and someone knows where it is, please feel free to link me, I'd be most appreciative).

Maybe @Abnor Mole or @Patch Linden, or any of the other creative team members might weigh in on this. Or not. :) 

I've added quite a few names to the list in odd moments,  but I never know which ones will end up being used,  or which regions they'll be used for.  It's all part of the fun and mystery of mole teamwork. My favorite,  BTW, is Norse Auk.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

By the way: if some Bellisseria citizen with time and artistic skills on his/her hand would do a service to the community:

How about a MAP of the continent (a big pgn file to download - or to pass on as a texture inworld) with all the names and  the SIM CROSSINGS on it? I can look inworld at the map and when I point to a special pace I can see how that region is called, but I cannot see where one beginns and the other ends and I cannot see all the names at once.

Besides sheer curiosity and to be able to judge where I woud like or wouldn't like to live it is the SIM CROSSINGS that often make problems for vehicles and even pedestrians so it is good to know where they are.

If you look at the map, region crossings will always be immediately below and immediately to the left of the region name. All regions are the same size.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

I've added quite a few names to the list in odd moments,  but I never know which ones will end up being used,  or which regions they'll be used for.  It's all part of the fun and mystery of mole teamwork. My favorite,  BTW, is Norse Auk.

There has to be a sense of accomplishment in that, at least a small sense of pride when you see a name you chose up there on the screen and Residents living in the region you named, and speaking of it? Kind of like naming a child in a way... in a very odd sense of the word, I guess regions kind of are your children? See, you have your favourites, it's definitely like parenthood! 🤣

Where's the inspiration come from? Random words? I can imagine the team suggesting names and someone going "Alright, who threw in Soggy Britches?" and everyone points to one particular team member who hangs their head. There'd have to be some laughs going on behind the scenes. Have to be. Not just for the possible inebriation or stress... ;) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

If you look at the map, region crossings will always be immediately below and immediately to the left of the region name. All regions are the same size.

About the size I know - but with them being near the name I didn't.

Anyway if I make a screenshot of the map - which is easy - it hasn't even the names on it so I could nit simply draw lines in paintshop.

The names only show - one at a time - when I touch them with the mouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

About the size I know - but with them being near the name I didn't.

Anyway if I make a screenshot of the map - which is easy - it hasn't even the names on it so I could nit simply draw lines in paintshop.

The names only show - one at a time - when I touch them with the mouse.

What viewer do you use? The names show on the map in Firestorm (and other viewers, I would guess). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wrong! Just went inworld and looked. I do see all names, so I will try and make such a map myself, just took lots of screenshots.

Seems just the right pasttime on a rainy Saturday afternoon ... planned to go to the cinema but not in this weather! *lol*

Btw: I am using Singularity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

About the size I know - but with them being near the name I didn't.

Anyway if I make a screenshot of the map - which is easy - it hasn't even the names on it so I could nit simply draw lines in paintshop.

The names only show - one at a time - when I touch them with the mouse.

If you open your mini map and right click it choose the show boundaries you can see white outlines of each parcel and even Rez zones are marked. It you prevent mini map from rotating with your avatar (so North is always at the top) you can compare mini map and world map zoomed to close in scale and see where the boundaries are as well as the names at the same time.  I’ve not tried... but perhaps you can even make mini map transparent enough to lay it over the World map and see both features one on top of the other?  Good luck!  probably a nice interactive map will be made, but as the continent still has quite a way to go to match the SSP maybe the cartographers are waiting until this continent is complete or it will need a lot of updating and re distribution as new areas are filled in. 🚗🚤🚴🏼‍♀️🛵 👋🏽 Have a nice journey exploring! 

Edited by BJoyful
SP 😆
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

If you open your mini map and right click it choose the show boundaries you can see white outlines of each parcel and even Rez zones are marked. 

I have never used mini map at all, and had no idea you could do this with it. I have a new toy to play with! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I was wrong! Just went inworld and looked. I do see all names, so I will try and make such a map myself, just took lots of screenshots.

Seems just the right pasttime on a rainy Saturday afternoon ... planned to go to the cinema but not in this weather! *lol*

Btw: I am using Singularity

Ugh, it has been raining here for two weeks, and we haven't had a dry day to cut the lawn. I am waiting for Indiana Jones to come and cut the grass with a machete. I think Indiana Jones was the first movie I saw in the cinema.

I should work a bit in Blender, and try to wring some secrets out of it. Or finish my upper floor walls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well last two weeks rain would have been a blessing to me. I have been in Baden Württemberg (near Heidelberg) and it has been dry like a desert and the hottest days any June has ever seen (near 40 Degrees) - Now I came to the north to Bremen and enjoy the cold (not even 20 Degrees) ... let it rain! I don't care! As long as I do not melt away like icecrem! ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well last two weeks rain would have been a blessing to me. I have been in Baden Württemberg (near Heidelberg) and it has been dry like a desert and the hottest days any June has ever seen (near 40 Degrees) - Now I came to the north to Bremen and enjoy the cold (not even 20 Degrees) ... let it rain! I don't care! As long as I do not melt away like icecrem! ;)

I am so jealous that you can leave the heat & go to the cold.....sounds delicious to me....I live in Florida....and hate the heat, and don't have the ability to get to a cold place....except my apartment with the air turned down, sitting at my computer, lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dyna Mole said:

I've added quite a few names to the list in odd moments,  but I never know which ones will end up being used,  or which regions they'll be used for.  It's all part of the fun and mystery of mole teamwork. My favorite,  BTW, is Norse Auk.

I got a kick out of landing in Emerson Lake and then realizing that Palmer Lake was next door. Somebody’s a fan of Emerson, Lake and Palmer. At first I thought it was named after Ralph Waldo Emerson. 😊

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...