SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I were just writing in another thread, that I doubt the exact hour will be given. Because if it's a technical delay, or something that else, the people who sit and wait will go totally crazy. More than now.

I think it would be cool if LL would release at random times. For example, one day they release at 1PM, the next time at 11 PM, and yet another time they will release at 4:30 AM.

This will make the release time unpredictable, and invalidates the argument that LL favors users in USA time zones.
Alternatively, LL could move the release time up by 2 hours every release day. Monday it'd be at 4pm, Wednesday at 6pm, Friday at 8pm and the next monday at 10pm, etc.

Of course, these two ideas would only work if the release process can be automated, and for as far as I know this is still done manually.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I think it would be cool if LL would release at random times. For example, one day they release at 1PM, the next time at 11 PM, and yet another time they will release at 4:30 AM.

This will make the release time unpredictable, and invalidates the argument that LL favors users in USA time zones.
Alternatively, LL could move the release time up by 2 hours every release day. Monday it'd be at 4pm, Wednesday at 6pm, Friday at 8pm and the next monday at 10pm, etc.

Of course, these two ideas would only work if the release process can be automated, and for as far as I know this is still done manually.

Good idea and this actually makes sense. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Based on other posts, those particular times won't happen.  It has been stated that the actual release requires quite a few people be available and thus it will always be during the LL work day and very likely not at the end of their work day - they need time to deal with issues that come up during the re.  Despite what some people say or think, releasing during the LL work day does not favor US user since US users are likely also at work during that time.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Based on other posts, those particular times won't happen.  It has been stated that the actual release requires quite a few people be available and thus it will always be during the LL work day and very likely not at the end of their work day - they need time to deal with issues that come up during the re.  Despite what some people say or think, releasing during the LL work day does not favor US user since US users are likely also at work during that time.  

I think you missed where I said "Of course, these two ideas would only work if the release process can be automated, and for as far as I know this is still done manually. "

In yesterday's Meet & Greet one of questions or brief topics was on how nice it would be to have a real 'environment' in SL (rain etc.) and it reminded me of something strange on one of the new regions...a couple of weeks ago (maybe less) I was exploring and taking photos (I was standing by the houses on the beach areas up around Jamesborough I think). Houses were up and there were trees etc. in place.

As I was caming round to frame a shot all of a sudden there was a rain shower. I was very confused. I looked around to see if anyone else was around or if there was some object that could be generating it but there was nothing. It only lasted for a few seconds, and I wasn't mentally quick enough to capture it in snapshot because I was a bit stunned.

Very odd...would love to hear any theories on this! As the region wasn't released yet I can't see how it could have been an object from a resident. Equally LL haven't introduced this kind of environment feature. So I can't explain it.

I know we have our Bellisseria ghosts, but spooky rain too?...come on now... :)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Are you sure you weren't playing the Sims? I've been getting somewhat confused between the two lately :D

Lol, definately not, haven't played that for probably over 8 years (more I think).

It was just so odd, and I remember thinking umm this shouldn't be happening, we don't have rain in SL unless it's particles or something by a resident on their own land. I was kinda excited at the same time thinking oh great, maybe this is just for Bellisseria. I might have to scout the area again and see if I can get it to happen again (doubt it though).

Of course it could be some top secret LL experiment for a new feature going on (I wish)...we'll have to put together a team like one of those alien conspiracy shows and try and find out what's happening!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

how nice it would be to have a real 'environment' in SL (rain etc.)

if i remember well we had something like this in the  long last past... if my memory doesn't fail we had some kind of fog sometimes

Edited by Fox Wijaya

Abandonment of homes has gone totally quiet, while it appears to have been a lot of them Tuesday.

My guess is that people has prepared by abandoning homes they didn't like, in hope to get another one today.

It will be over in a minute or two, so unless they can be prepared to react in less that a minute, it will be too late.

• Like 1

• Administrators
21 hours ago, ananoelle said:

I'm in NZ its Wednesday already. Soooooo @Patch Linden when are the homes being release today being a NZ Wednesday or on a NZ Thursday which for you late arrivers is a Wednesday? Please remember we are +19hrs ahead, come release times.🇳🇿

svstz.jpg

• Haha 10

49 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

The next part of the continent looks to be in place below SSPE138 and SSPE139 (part of the coastline you can see on the SSP map) although you can't enter it:

I was a little disappointed to find that it did not complete the circle which will be (what I call) the Sea of Fourze.
Why do I call it that? Because I live in Fourze, and I look out over that sea (well, a big lake, really 🙂 )
Perhaps one day I will learn the proper name for that sea/lake/puddle :D 

P.S. I know, I have to be patient, they will get to it soon™, but I wanted it NOWWWWWW!!! *stomps feet and cries and stuff*

• Like 1

• Administrators

Just a word or few on timing.

I've indicated in various areas that we can not time our releases.  Trying to time our releases would be like me trying to predict the weather.  You have a 50% chance of a morning release, a 50% chance of an afternoon release, a 50% chance of an evening release and a 50% chance of I don't know when.  😁

Reality is, I need a team of people to release even a single region of homes.  That team has to be on during our work day, which spans the east coast to west coast times of the US.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Just a word or few on timing.

I've indicated in various areas that we can not time our releases.  Trying to time our releases would be like me trying to predict the weather.  You have a 50% chance of a morning release, a 50% chance of an afternoon release, a 50% chance of an evening release and a 50% chance of I don't know when.  😁

Reality is, I need a team of people to release even a single region of homes.  That team has to be on during our work day, which spans the east coast to west coast times of the US.

So basically planning work product with a global team of employees, like every other company in the world?  Come up with a sign up, or lottery or SOME system, so that your customers don't have to guess and hope.  Could you imagine if Walmart or Amazon said, "just keep hitting refresh to see when our store is open"?  I am not giving you grief that it is taking a long time.  I am upset that I have no way to plan, so I have to leave old housing options abandoned so that I'm ever ready on the chance that I get lucky and hit refresh when a new home is available.  If you told me "Your home will be available on Sept. 3" then I could get the full value of my premium account in an older home until Sept. 2, then abandon it, and wake up to Christmas morning of Sept. 3 and get my new home.  Under the current system, I don't know how much of my premium membership will be basically wasted this year as I wait for a New home.

32 minutes ago, tinatickles Cummings said:

So basically planning work product with a global team of employees, like every other company in the world?  Come up with a sign up, or lottery or SOME system, so that your customers don't have to guess and hope.  Could you imagine if Walmart or Amazon said, "just keep hitting refresh to see when our store is open"?  I am not giving you grief that it is taking a long time.  I am upset that I have no way to plan, so I have to leave old housing options abandoned so that I'm ever ready on the chance that I get lucky and hit refresh when a new home is available.  If you told me "Your home will be available on Sept. 3" then I could get the full value of my premium account in an older home until Sept. 2, then abandon it, and wake up to Christmas morning of Sept. 3 and get my new home.  Under the current system, I don't know how much of my premium membership will be basically wasted this year as I wait for a New home.

I used to be in construction in real life. You won't get a guaranteed date then either. You can sign contracts and people will try to hit those dates because they want to do more business with you, but ultimately things are going to get built when they're going to get built, and if your plumber isn't finished when they thought there's nothing you can do about it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Fox Wijaya said:

if i remember well we had something like this in the  long last past... if my memory doesn't fail we had some kind of fog sometimes

This is correct and it is still there. If you want to see SL circa 2006, just turn off Advanced lighting and also turn off *basic shaders* - boom. The old sky and lighting pre-Windlight, including fog. The fog was an interesting thing, a way of limited view distance to help prevent "computer-load lag" for the computers of the day. Setting fog to long distances or off could bring most computers to a crawl. LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1