SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

9 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Daybreak at Jamesborough ---   I have to say that the new areas are looking really pretty. More landscaping than many of the original release regions. This is a very pretty "creek" in the midst of a neighborhood.  

957922502_earlymornJamesborough.thumb.jpg.df56a84035426a42418c0a58fb09c707.jpg

Is it a “creek”, or a “crick”?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Now the next guessing game begins: 

1) Which regions around that SSP83 / SSP84 area (and any other area) will contain the trailer homes? 

2) How many will initially be released? 

3) When will the release happen?

Considering how good you lot are at guessing games I'm not going to play lol I'll just sit back and watch the game unfold. 

I still laugh at when Patch had to practically wave what he was up to with SSP in everyones faces and STILL the next guess was PUPPIES lol 🤦‍♀️ ... 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

Considering how good you lot are at guessing games I'm not going to play lol I'll just sit back and watch the game unfold. 

I still laugh at when Patch had to practically wave what he was up to with SSP in everyones faces and STILL the next guess was PUPPIES lol 🤦‍♀️ ... 

I guessed it right on page 2, and still can’t remember if it’s “super secret project” or something else!

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

We actually guess pretty well.  The third post in this thread did guess that it was the new 1024 Linden Homes and there were a lot more off & on mentions of such over the next many pages. And we guessed trailer park or mobile homes way back when Chic saw the first region of them being created.  I think most of us were thinking more along the lines of a mobile home type park, rather than camping type trailers, though there was also some wishful thinking about mountain cabins in that area..  Most of the rest of the first tons of pages was silly guesses at the SSP meaning.

All of Patch's early pics were of the new Realms game stuff and actually had nothing to do with SSP - or at least not that we know of to date.  Patch's first picture of the new area was literally just him standing on a blank grassy piece of land.  The picture of him in front of a house with a bike and puppies is not even one of the new Linden Home houses.  So while he might have been hinting at houses - which we had been guessing about for months - he didn't show us a picture of any of the actual new houses at that time.  We didn't get a picture of one of the real houses until late Oct.  Granted, those that guessed at early releases way back last Oct were definitely way off.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Soon-O-meter question --- I apparently am very confused.  The Soon-O-meter now says "very soonish", but the meter doesn't belong to Patch and appears to only be changeable by the owner. So does the meter have anything FACTUAL connected with it, or is it just for fun.  

image.png.52a3a0822671ae1a191a7d7b355c29d6.png

Yes the meter is owned and scripted by North Crannock, but is set so only Patches AVI key can change  it. So yes it's as per set by Patch and no one else.

Also it is just for fun and a way for Patch to tease us some more on releases.

Edited by North Glenwalker
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

What makes them think that? What did Patch say, or is it just the rumor mill creaking its gears?

Rumors, of course. There are so many rumors going around right now it feels like High School again.

It doesn't hurt to hope, but some people are way too serious on some of them and putting their all in it.

Edited by CandyJewels
  • Like 1

Meet the people behind Second Life. Here’s your chance to learn more about future plans for Second Life directly from executives via a series of special Town Hall Q&A events at SL16B. Participants include: Patch Linden (June 24), Oz & April Linden (June 25), Ebbe Linden (June 26), and Xiola & Strawberry Linden (June 27). All events at 2 p.m. (Pacific).

...so many are assuming that Patch will mention something about homes. Since it's such a hot topic currently it's not an unreasonable expectation.

https://secondlife.com/destination/meet-the-lindens

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I abandoned my home on hopes that a houseboat or even one of the traditional suburban houses would be available.  No luck.  It's crazy that the only way we have to see if new homes are available is to destroy our current home, give it up, and try to find a new one, see one is not available, then pick an old home again, reset it up, give out new landmarks to our friends, and wait around until the next rumor to try it all again.

13 minutes ago, tinatickles Cummings said:

I abandoned my home on hopes that a houseboat or even one of the traditional suburban houses would be available.  No luck.  It's crazy that the only way we have to see if new homes are available is to destroy our current home, give it up, and try to find a new one, see one is not available, then pick an old home again, reset it up, give out new landmarks to our friends, and wait around until the next rumor to try it all again.

what you describe is just a example of not following the blogs and forums, otherwise you would have known there is nothing available.
Also don't have to wait for new rumours, because it will be announced around the time the new release is pending.

• Like 2