SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

gets all Freudian

Let's discuss your use of emojis...

Perhaps the implication is that the next atolls may be nicknamed the flaccid banana and mealy eggplant, or something along those lines.

Edited by Lukas Thetan
corrected syntax
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Dick Spad said:

This would be an improvement to just releasing them randomly. And with planning and communicating with all "team members" needed to release a region it could be done!!! 

The random factor would actually be a good thing. If the releases take place on predictable days, but at unpredictable times, then nobody can claim that their timezone is being discriminated against like some people do right now.

My other idea, moving the release time up by 2 hours each release day, would be even better because sooner or later, it places the release time within a certain timezone's preferred time of day.

But, as I said before, all this would ONLY be possible if the release process could get automated. But as Patch repeatedly has said, it is a manual process which requires the right team members to be online at the right time. The chances that this can become an automated process after 16 years of region building are super slim. 

"In an ideal world, we'd all be living in an ideal world" (Author unknown)

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lukas Thetan said:

Perhaps the implication is that the next atolls may be nicknamed the flaccid banana and mealy eggplant, or something along those lines.

I will pay cold, hard cash to live on the Flaccid Banana. 

"Hey sailor... come by and see me at the Flaccid Banana," she winks devilishly,  her tongue pushing repeatedly inside her cheek, over and over, almost as if throbbing as her hand curls into a fist...

stops here before she gets a stern warning

• Haha 9

A dusky afternoon in Fofita --- this is a gorgeous new sim. Some of you looking for the "perfect parcel" might want to watch  closely when it comes up for grabs. I especially like how more water has been incorporated into the newer regions. Really lovely and peaceful.

fofita.thumb.jpg.10ca7c8551ac2beba58bd8477a3619a9.jpg

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

it is a manual process which requires the right team members to be online at the right time.

yes and that is where the planning and communicating with team members needed to do this process. You make sure the people required to do this are online at the same time.  we do it all the time with server updates, and if it' happens that you need to be onsite at  2 am .. so be it .. you have a job to do.  Any good company does this!!!   and I'm sure they all can remote in from home also ...

and I agree with you on the random factor, wasn't saying like always having it lets say 8am on a Monday, instead have an hour window on Monday .. so like in your example, first release date they release them sometime within the 8am hour, then the next release day it would be sometime within the 10a hour, always giving you a hour window.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

A dusky afternoon in Fofita --- this is a gorgeous new sim. Some of you looking for the "perfect parcel" might want to watch  closely when it comes up for grabs. I especially like how more water has been incorporated into the newer regions. Really lovely and peaceful.

fofita.thumb.jpg.10ca7c8551ac2beba58bd8477a3619a9.jpg

Beautiful.....you are so talented....I love to see all your pics.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

gets all Freudian

Let's discuss your use of emojis...

10 hours ago, Lukas Thetan said:

10 hours ago, Coolnet Ordinary said:

All I have to say...

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

stress toy squeeze toy stress ball pickle gifts pickle toy funny pickle stress toys hawwwy pickles

do-you-see-what-i-just-did-there.jpg

• Haha 11

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

2-3 days from the last one. Unless it’s not.

Thanks, but I wonder about the name/location. So I can see how the houses and eventual boats look in their environment.

Do you think it goes in a line from left to right, so it's the sim right of New Hamsterdam next?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Thanks, but I wonder about the name/location. So I can see how the houses and eventual boats look in their environment.

Do you think it goes in a line from left to right, so it's the sim right of New Hamsterdam next?

I was just looking at the pics people have posted up trying to guess which zone will be next so I can decide whether or not to play the lottery today.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

I was just looking at the pics people have posted up trying to guess which zone will be next so I can decide whether or not to play the lottery today.

Wasn't it 2 in line from left to right released Monday and Wednesday? I wonder if it's a pattern or random.

Edited by Marianne Little
typos
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Wasn't it 2 in line from lest to right released Monday and Wednesday? I wonder if it's a pattern or random.

Tbh I have no idea. I look at what looks finished lol .... if they wont give a time of release a name of zone would be all we need. It might be a area some might not like so they sit the race out until the area they want comes up. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Likely Jamesborough.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cynthiariviera said:

Do we know it the 7:30 SLT time for today's releases was a solid sure thing? I'm assuming whoever said it meant PM? I know @Patch Linden said it was 50/50, but I saw the 7:30 thing and wondered if that was said somewhere confirmed, or just speculative.

Its random no set times and no official statements that Ive seen or heard. 

They will be released any time during LL working hours. 

Added patch reply

Edited by ananoelle
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, cynthiariviera said:

Do we know it the 7:30 SLT time for today's releases was a solid sure thing? I'm assuming whoever said it meant PM? I know @Patch Linden said it was 50/50, but I saw the 7:30 thing and wondered if that was said somewhere confirmed, or just speculative.

The comment that "I" saw with 7:30 in there was AM and yesterday and they got a house in one of the newer sims. That could easily be someone rerolling and not the actual release. That was my guess when I read the comment since Abnor said a lot of folks need to be on hand before they can release.  I seriously doubt folks are going to come to work early just to confuse the refreshers :D.    

There of course could have been another 7:30 mentioned. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I seriously doubt folks are going to come to work early just to confuse the refreshers :D.    

Patch coming into the forums so early in his morning confused me enough to wonder if there will be a sneaky early early morning release lol ... or maybe hes just a super early riser..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thank you, both! I had wondered, I was seeing too many conflicting things, but I was prepared nonetheless to be around at weird times. LOL. Though, I think more than likely I will be asleep again when they do release. Tends to be the case. I'm not worried. I will eventually get a house, and I'm not upset if it takes a while. So far I have loved seeing what is done with all the homes that have been claimed, and all the new areas and themes coming about. I'm patient!

• Like 3