SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I hope the Sakura Homes end up just to the East of Satori

Did you mean to say West of Satori? Placing Sakura to the east of Satori would be a tragedy as it would not be connected to Bellisseria (unless Abnor builds a bunch more connector regions and sends us bills) and, depending how far north, not even connected by water to the Blake. The east coast of Satori is impassable to water vehicles below http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ptesanwi/12/18/42   and is only passable at Terric because residents allow it (which could change at any time). The west coast has protected water at Stromberg and all regions northward. West is Best!

• Like 2

Well, personally, I'd rather see Sakura connected to the north coast of the Log Cabins.  Not only because that would gratify my personal obsession with that coast, but mostly because it's similar to the Logs in that it's a really pretty, nature-centric theme that can give you peaceful vibes when you're just sitting around anywhere outside.  It seems a waste to me to use it as a connector to Satori, where it isn't central to Belli, so won't get much traffic from Belli explorers who are just poking around.

We're forgetting, too, about the large empty southern area east of the Logs and Fantasseria.  Any theme there would probably be reachable only by water, since the Log east coast is fully developed and there's no clear place to join land to it.  I've always thought that space might be reserved to build more Fantasseria, if needed.  Then again, Japan IS an island nation ... but I doubt the moles are that bound to verisimilitude between Japan & Sakura.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

Fantasseria has been fully “edged” already and Patch has said it only has one entry point (not sure why). The regions north of the logs need to be a waterway between Snert and Really Wet. Sakura need not be joined to Satori, only close enough so that connectors are reasonable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, diamond Marchant said:

The regions north of the logs need to be a waterway between Snert and Really Wet.

Of course. But there are these things called bridges 🙂, and I'm sure you've traveled through the tunnels under the large channel through the Chalets.  I'm speculating that now that LL has moved a significant number of solo regions out of the way, there is enough space for a theme above where the log coastline would naturally run.

• Like 1

Theoretically, if a sizable new LH theme was placed to the north of the Log Homes, a water link from this new theme to the north east corner of Sansara continent (at Bleaberry Tarn) would be relatively short and cheap, negating the need for an expensive new Sansara east coast to be created.

Bleaberry Tarn region is as important as Stromberg is. From Bleaberry Tarn, north/central Sansara and Heterocera continent could then be linked to Bellisseria and the eastern continents by water.

Southern Sansara's inland lakes (contained by mountains and dams) can't be linked as they have a higher altitude surface water level at 80m.

1523094676_Futurethemes2.thumb.png.57481d7ae421c5897f657a9eb537b3be.png

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 8

17 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Did you mean to say West of Satori? Placing Sakura to the east of Satori would be a tragedy as it would not be connected to Bellisseria (unless Abnor builds a bunch more connector regions and sends us bills) and, depending how far north, not even connected by water to the Blake. The east coast of Satori is impassable to water vehicles below http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ptesanwi/12/18/42   and is only passable at Terric because residents allow it (which could change at any time). The west coast has protected water at Stromberg and all regions northward. West is Best!

Of course I meant to say West of Satori. I keep getting East and West mixed up in these discussions.

p.s.

It's a good thing I'm not trying to sail there without a map.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
to add p.s.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

On 4/16/2022 at 10:22 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I wonder where Sakura will go?  North of the Newbrookes, or to the east of them? Both?!  I suppose it depends on how much further north the Newbrookes will eventually go.

It should be many Newbrooke's. I think they have a lot more appeal to the majority that Fantasy or Chalet's. Do not get me wrong, I appreciate the work done there, but it is not so mainstream.

• Like 2

Joining forces... Numbers and greenish areas show connect-the-continents priorities. Yellow arrows show direction of expansion. Red delimits area cleared out for expansion.

Note: If connect-the-continents number 3 were to happen, connecting waters of Bellisseria to Sansara, some cleanup of the East River would be appreciated, as it is currently mined with banlines and orbs.

where is sakura 2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yay, thank you, Fay!  Newbrooke Station is a very pleasing modern design, and right over the region boundary with Newbank.  It is basically an extension of the community center.

588643706_newbrookestation.JPG.5ee1372c1ca5b3406ff4051534cd9710.JPG

There are no train tracks throughout Newbrooke, although with this new line I suppose it is possible that a branch might run around the coast, which would be very cool.   It at least seems quite likely that they are contemplating joining Newbrooke to the existing Chalet train route!

670801267_newroute.JPG.e38a48d862c32b835ee4aa7cc95c1dba.JPG

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

You need to add a set of railway points (US: switches) and add a separate track for the extra additional platform, by making the platforms narrower.  This would also act as a passing loop for trains travelling in opposite directions, so that they may pass each other without crashing or causing arguements for train drivers about who has right of way!

* A railway station ticket office ON THE PLATFORM??!

Notice that the entire Chalet rail line, and most of the Log Home rail line, has no switches.  If two trains run into each other, so it goes. That said, yes, it would be nice if stations had a siding where you could rez before going on the main rail.

Re, ticketing on the platform, think of it as Light Rail.  Better ticket offices than ticketing kiosks on the platform, blech.

automated-ticket-vending-machine-next-to

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

• Moles

Rail lines have to be constructed in live built regions. They can't be added after the fact in clones of templated regions (majorly time consuming and far too difficult), or built into templates themselves (they will never meet up at the same points to make a continuous rail line). Obviously, Newbrooke will have rail service as soon as we can build it; adding guides, switches, signals, crossings, sidings for passing, and connections.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 10

On 4/17/2022 at 2:15 AM, diamond Marchant said:

Fantasseria has been fully “edged” already and Patch has said it only has one entry point (not sure why). The regions north of the logs need to be a waterway between Snert and Really Wet. Sakura need not be joined to Satori, only close enough so that connectors are reasonable.

At one point Patch said that Fantasseria was a subcontinent of Belli (corrected thanks to Abner). You can't cam out to see it from bordering Belli lands. It is Fantasseria; a wonderful fantasy land. So, (shhhh, while you can tp in), you have to go through terribly rough waters to reach it by its single magical entrance.

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
content correction as per Abner post below
  • Like 2

• Moles
13 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

At one point Patch said that Fantasseria was its own continent. You can't cam out to see it from bordering Belli lands. If I remember correctly, it is not even a part of Belli (even though it is). It is Fantasseria; a wonderful fantasy land. So, (shhhh, while you can tp in), you have to go through terribly rough waters to reach it by its single magical entrance.

All Linden Homes are part of the Bellisseria continent and in the Linden Homes estate rather than mainland. Some (like Fantasy) could technically be classified as a subcontinent.

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 4